Install Massive in Reason 9?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CYSYS8993

27 Sep 2016

Hi, I want to install the Massive stand-alone VST in Reason 9 but I don't quite know how. I'm still new to Reason so any help would be great.

decibel

27 Sep 2016

lol

16BitBear

27 Sep 2016

Impossible.

You must be very new to Reason as it has never and likely will never support VST's.

There are ways to sync another DAW with Reason and use Massive plus other VST's that way. Just do a search here for rewire and loop-back.

Kenni
Site Admin

27 Sep 2016

But, he's not asking for direct VST support in Reason, he's talking about having a Stand-alone VST, and have it's sound in Reason, which is, quite frankly, very possible with some clever audio routing.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Gorgon

27 Sep 2016

"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Reasonistas
RE Developer

27 Sep 2016

These might help.

ImageImage

Vyckeil

27 Sep 2016

Thank you Noel for providing actual useful information instead of posting condescending replies.

Gorgon

27 Sep 2016

Vyckeil wrote:Thank you Noel for providing actual useful information instead of posting condescending replies.
It's not an answer to the question though.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

OverneathTheSkyBridg

27 Sep 2016

Loopback methods are definitely the answer to the question. I run the Arturia stuff standalone but controlled by Reason EMIs and received by audio tracks and it works great!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

groggy1

27 Sep 2016

That's a great video explaining how to set up audio-loopback from another DAW.

I've been using LoopBe1 and audio-loopback for about 2 years, happily routing VST audio to Reason, and controlling the VSTs from Reason's sequencer.

All I can say is that it really works well. It's very similar to controlling physical synths from Reason, except that the synth you're controlling is a VST running in another DAW rather than a physical synth.

chk071

27 Sep 2016

Vyckeil wrote:Thank you Noel for providing actual useful information instead of posting condescending replies.
I won't ask the question how someone can throw out 370 € and NOT be aware that the thing he just bought for so much money does NOT support the VST format now. And how he could throw out 199 € for Massive not knowing that his new host doesn't support its plugin format. Because, if i asked those things, the internet might just implode. ;)
:reason: :rebirth:

swamptooth

27 Sep 2016

^^^this

swamptooth

27 Sep 2016

chk071 wrote:
I won't ask the question how someone can throw out 370 € and NOT be aware that the thing he just bought for so much money does NOT support the VST format now. And how he could throw out 199 € for Massive not knowing that his new host doesn't support its plugin format. Because, if i asked those things, the internet might just implode. ;)
You're making assumptions... first that he paid full price for both tools - he may have bought them used and done a license transfer. Second, that he wanted to run the vst in reason, which was not how he stated the question by explicitly saying STANDALONE.

Remember the old saying, "when you ASSUME something you make an ASS out of U and ME.

;)

OverneathTheSkyBridg

27 Sep 2016

And, if he did make the "mistake" of purchasing Reason for VSTs he can always rectify it with the unlimited Reaper trial version which is only crippled by a nag screen.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Sep 2016

Stick to the topic please.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2016

Kenni wrote:Stick to the topic please.
As you are site admin (and thanks for that) hopefully you have the ability to change the word "Install" in the title - it's that causing the problem.

Grum.

P.S. The other "install" in the text is another problem!

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Sep 2016

Grumbleweed wrote:
Kenni wrote:Stick to the topic please.
As you are site admin (and thanks for that) hopefully you have the ability to change the word "Install" in the title - it's that causing the problem.

Grum.

P.S. The other "install" in the text is another problem!
Frankly, I kind of assume that an artistic community like this is consists of people that are able to utilize even an average amount of their intellect, even taking language barriers into account.

I shouldnt really have to change the wording. People shouldnt really feel the need to be belittleing the OP. The OP shouldn't have to be super proficient in English and/or form 6,000 word sentences to rule out any hint of ambiguity. People should just behave like adults and respond in an adult and mature manner.

Thread closed.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

• Information