editing hit points in audio edit mode for octo rex

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MitchClark89

03 Jan 2017

hi to all and happy new year :thumbs_up:

i have my first question for 2017 - i have been reading up about how reason can create rex files from bounced audio within the program without a need for recycle. i have full version of recycle and like it very much but i find the process to be slow and sometime kill my creative flow having to export for recycle do the edits etc export for reason load the rex file and so on. so i am learning to bounce the audio of loop i want and then edit in comp mode (i think it is called) but what i am find is that i cannot move the hit points of the audio loop in the edit mode without stretching the region within the hitpoint. i want like to be able to adjust the hitpoints without affecting the audio at all so that when i send to rex format all sample is at the keys as i want them to be for playing. i have tried to disable stretch but then i cannot edit for export to rex format.

please if anyone can help me.

best,

MC

MitchClark89

04 Jan 2017

sorry please to close the thread i have worked out that you can draw in hitpoints in the audio edit comp mode but still i cannot work out how to move the hitpoints/slices as it just stretches the audio clip in that slice. it is ok though i can work like this for now hehe!

Wook

04 Jan 2017

Hey.

Yes, it would be excellent if we would actually be able to edit slices in Octorex.

You can move hitpoints by holding Ctrl+Shift and dragging the hitpoint left or right.

axdxm

04 Jan 2017

Wook wrote:Hey.

Yes, it would be excellent if we would actually be able to edit slices in Octorex.

You can move hitpoints by holding Ctrl+Shift and dragging the hitpoint left or right.

Bless your heart. Man...I had the same problem as the OP. This nugget of wisdom done changed the game for me. Thank you!!

MitchClark89

04 Jan 2017

OMGs thank you! i have never been able to find this information until you said it!! :puf_bigsmile: :D you are the best

Wook

05 Jan 2017

No problem, fellas. Enjoy. :)

elMisse

05 Jan 2017

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

MitchClark89

05 Jan 2017

i have to say i was a bit hasty to post because when i try it it does not work. i did however find that holding option key (mac osx, r8.3) and moving hit point marker does wok, so thank you for getting me on teh right path.

Wook

05 Jan 2017

MitchClark89 wrote:i have to say i was a bit hasty to post because when i try it it does not work. i did however find that holding option key (mac osx, r8.3) and moving hit point marker does wok, so thank you for getting me on teh right path.
Right! I'm on Windows so... a habit. Good that you've corrected me for those who have the same issue, though.

• Information