Newbie needs some tech help :-)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ags

03 Jun 2015

Hey folks hope all's well . I've looked for a Reason forum before but never found this one until I tried the Propellerhead forum and found it shut down . 

Ok so I've been using Reason for a while but I'm mainly a guitarist ...... Ahhhh don't throw rocks LOL  

ok to point , I was recording the other day and I had an object fall on to my Keyboard and it did something to Reason maybe hit a command function not sure but it's driving me nuts on how to fix it so here I am 

whats happening is ... forgive the bad terminology but on the transport or player when you play or record it no longer follows the wave progress across the screen it just sits there .

So I lose track of where I'm at . I can still manually grab the slide bar and move to any section of the song but I'd like to move again on it's own !  LOL

any idea's about what my sexy fingers ( a on going joke about how everything I touch breaks LOL )  did this time ?  

Thanks for any help

I believe I'll more questions on simple things about Reason that youtube vids never cover like where's the On button ! LMAO 

but I'll hold off one thing at a time :) thanks again :)  

Ags

True

03 Jun 2015

Don't know I have a solution, but the obvious question first: Have you restarted Reason since this happened?

tibah

03 Jun 2015

Options -> Follow Song or key command F should do it. :)

Ags

03 Jun 2015

Yes it seem to be an across the board issue. I was hoping if I closed Reason without saving the project that it would revert back to normal but it has not and it no longer functions on any song new or old .

Oh heck I just seen your post tibah  ... I need more color separation between replies LOL curse these genes. ;)

I'll post back in a bit :)

Bang that's it ! awesome thanks . I feel pretty stupid not looking under options I tried everything else go figure . 

Can't thank you all enough for the fast replies . :)  

pushedbutton

03 Jun 2015

Press F1 then scroll to the last menu option. There are a lot of Key Commands that will improve your workflow. The help documents are very well presented.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Ags

03 Jun 2015

Thank you PB 

I've spent many times trying to find basic info either in a search or via youtube but never get the answer I need . 

I think I found my resource home LOL 

Julibee

03 Jun 2015

Ags wrote:Thank you PB 

I've spent many times trying to find basic info either in a search or via youtube but never get the answer I need . 

I think I found my resource home LOL 
There's no better place to get answers.  Only a few of us will scream at you to RTFM.   ;)
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

pushedbutton

04 Jun 2015

I came close but I have found a more socially acceptable way to do this.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Raveshaper

04 Jun 2015

I believe the shortcut for Follow Song is either F or Ctrl/Command+F.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Ags

19 Jan 2016

Man I'm sorry I missed some replies thank you all :)

• Information