Reason 9.5 – VST in Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Oquasec

28 Apr 2017

personally trashin studio one since I can actually compose the same in reason.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

rexbrewer

28 Apr 2017

WOW! After the rumours from a few days ago, I DID NOT expect to wake up today with an e-mail from Props saying this is happening. This is amazing! :)

O1B

28 Apr 2017

ryanharlin wrote:Image
Brilliant!

decibel

28 Apr 2017

just downloaded and installed beta about a minute ago, kicked off with arturia synclavia v with chords player and an instance of aligator as an effect, so far so good :)

CharlyCharlzz

28 Apr 2017

HAHa ... they sayed so many times it was not going to happen ever , then sayed it was not possible ...
they did that before with other features .
so I love Reason and congrats for the way they added vst's it does look wise and great but the way they disrespected peoples who asked for it and lied about it made me loose all the respect I had to the Brand .
so Love Reason But lost any friendly visions of Propellerhead now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Social Exodus

28 Apr 2017

MattiasHG wrote:Keep in mind that our VST support in Reason in itself doesn't make the application less stable if you don't have or use any VST plugins. :)
This is an important point I think.

Pardon me if this has been asked already (HUGE thread!) but I am wondering how initial load times will be affected due to VST count up?

As an aside, I have mixed feelings about this because I have spent obscene amounts of money on Rack Extensions for making Reason do the things I can do with SONAR. But it's only money I guess and comme ci comme ça I suppose there. On the upside, I can (hopefully) use Overloud's TH3 for my guitar work, plus ReMatrix for reverb so that's awesome. Do you know if Rack Extensions will be saleable (the OTHER big 'ain't never gonna happen' line item in Reason's user base) in the future? A man can dream, right?
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

pushedbutton

28 Apr 2017

What's a VST?
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

sumusik

28 Apr 2017

w o w

Heater

28 Apr 2017

CharlyCharlzz wrote:HAHa ... they sayed so many times it was not going to happen ever , then sayed it was not possible ...
they did that before with other features .
so I love Reason and congrats for the way they added vst's it does look wise and great but the way they disrespected peoples who asked for it and lied about it made me loose all the respect I had to the Brand .
so Love Reason But lost any friendly visions of Propellerhead now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yep. It's the way I feel about the company as well. Great software but I really don't like the company very much.

WongoTheSane

28 Apr 2017

Siberian Khatru wrote:Pardon me if this has been asked already (HUGE thread!) but I am wondering how initial load times will be affected due to VST count up?
The impact is negligible. A couple of seconds for the first scan (with about 80 VSTs), and then it's completely transparent until you add a new one.

EnochLight

28 Apr 2017

Karim wrote:It's that I do not think reason users can exceed the sum of all 10 daw users put together.

But it is a fact that VST is a format with which it is difficult if not impossible to compete in terms of success and diffusion.
Totally agree!

I'm very glad to see VST support in Reason. Instantly having Sonic Charge's Permut8, Microtonic, Synapse Audio's Dune 2, Reveal Sound Spire, and VPS Avenger in Reason is F&%KING. AWESOME. I would have been waiting for years (or never) to get all of those as RE's!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

28 Apr 2017

pushedbutton wrote:What's a VST?
It's an abbreviation for very sexy tranny. And the cool part is, they get to use the same rack as RE's!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oquasec

28 Apr 2017

Ima hook up omni to zebra & Parsec & thor.
I'm satisfied with this software now for workflow.
Producer/Programmer.

zakalwe

28 Apr 2017

Oquasec wrote:personally trashin studio one since I can actually compose the same in reason.
yeah, I appreciate what presonus have done with studio one but i find the GUI clutter and terrible undo really unenjoyable. it does have considerably better audio editing but i think i can live with reason's since i mostly just use it for timestetching beats.

And i've used reason since 2003 so i'm pretty invested in that way of working.

EnochLight

28 Apr 2017

zakalwe wrote:yeah, I appreciate what presonus have done with studio one but i find the GUI clutter and terrible undo really unenjoyable. it does have considerably better audio editing but i think i can live with reason's since i mostly just use it for timestetching beats.

And i've used reason since 2003 so i'm pretty invested in that way of working.
Same. I mean, I don't regret picking up Studio One when I did, but as of Reason 9.5, I will likely never, ever open it again (except to maybe compare performance between platforms/plugins). I'm not sure if I'll keep it or sell it, though. Right now second hand licenses aren't going for much, so I'd lose quite a bit if I sold S1.

stephensmattlee

28 Apr 2017

Makes me think about the "favourite Daw" poll on waves Facebook page, this time last week it seemed like a pointless poll where Reason was the underdog for the simple fact that it didn't have vst compatibility, therefore next to no one that used waves plugins would be Reason users, but now... having Vst in Reason really does bring it into the same league as the bigger players in the Daw world. There's no reason why waves plugin users/fans wouldn't be turned off from Reason now.
Does make me curious as to what Reason v10 will hold? Video support maybe? Plus a new look for Retina/HQ displays?

Exciting times ahead :lol:

fieldframe
RE Developer

28 Apr 2017

lowpryo wrote:
altron wrote:
lowpryo wrote:all those people who are afraid of VSTs killing Reason or Rack Extensions, are YOU going to quit using REs because of this change? because as an avid RE user, and also an owner of many VSTs (and more to come), I am not going to stop being excited about Rack Extensions. and I'm sure a lot of loyal users are the same. if anything, this just creates more competition in the marketplace. competition is good for consumers, right?
Several current Res are very good but do you expect that any RE dev will continue make REs while the big money is out there with VSTis? The RE market will dry down after this release, no doubt! Amen, I love the RE format!
FYI: the big money has always been out there with VSTs.

there are developers who have made both (Rob Papen, U-he, etc), and this might encourage them to focus 100% on their VSTs (which are usually the better versions anyway). but developers who solely make RE's knew they were limiting their customer base. if anything, their customer base will now GROW because of VSTs bringing people to Reason.
Hit the nail on the head. VST is the best thing ever to happen to the RE market because it will expand the audience for REs.

Come for the VST support, stay for the Rack Extensions.

Oquasec

28 Apr 2017

Oh so that's why waves had that poll. Meh, I guess fl studio can be unretired now that reason finally has vst support.
Producer/Programmer.

supersmarter

28 Apr 2017

Quick question for Reason 9 owners.

Does every Reason 9 user have access to Beta? Or just some specific users?

WongoTheSane

28 Apr 2017

supersmarter wrote:Quick question for Reason 9 owners.

You have to sign-up here: https://www.propellerheads.se/betatest/sign-up/

Be aware that users are added a few at a time, so it might take a while until you're approved... So do it now! :D

supersmarter

28 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
supersmarter wrote:Quick question for Reason 9 owners.

You have to sign-up here: https://www.propellerheads.se/betatest/sign-up/

Be aware that users are added a few at a time, so it might take a while until you're approved... So do it now! :D
Thank you.

Only thing worst then waiting for 9.5 is waiting Alien Covenant movie release...

kuhliloach

28 Apr 2017

A VST is a box that covers up Reason's user-interface. You can restore your interrupted workflow by moving the annoying box to another location.

decibel

28 Apr 2017

OMG DUNE 2 IN Reason :) its game over for the other daws from here on in, this is so much better then working in logic, ableton etc

Gulale

28 Apr 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:Finally, Reason is full grown. Now upgrade the sequencer and add better mixing and editing tools because vst integration is not making me leave Studio One.
Exactly this! I edit faster audio in Harrison.
Gulale aka Bereket

jappe

28 Apr 2017

Fantastic news!
There must be a huge number of potential users who's only showstopper to buy reason was lack of VST support.

• Information