Calling 9.5 Beta Testers

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

28 Apr 2017

Hi All!

I was wondering (big ask but dying to see) if someone who is beta testing Reason 9.5 would care to show me any of the following VST's working in Reason in a video obviously if they have them.

D16 Group Drumazon
D16 Group Nepheton
D16 Group Punchbox
Fab Filter Pro Q 2
Korg M1
Korg MS-20
Lennar Digital Sylenth
Native Instruments Massive
Plug-In Boutique Virtual CZ
ReFX Nexus
Roland System 100
Roland SH-101
Slate Digital (Any)
Soundtoys FX (Any)
Spectrasonics Omnisphere
Synapse Dune II
U-He Hive

Massive Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Apr 2017

While nothing legally prohibits people from showcasing this, I think the general consensus is to leave 9.5 beta footage for beta testing. It's more important to focus on getting stuff fixed and helping props with just that rather than showcasing it's capabilities.

The beta build is a logging build which is both slower than a clean release and also adds pop up errors as soon as there's the slightest problem, which might give the wrong impression of reason as a whole.

While I'm no authority on this, I would seriously advice beta testers not to publish footage, at least from the very first beta build.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Gulale

28 Apr 2017

Exactly!
Gulale aka Bereket

Creativemind

28 Apr 2017

Yes I never thought of that. Can this thread be deleted or at least locked then?

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Apr 2017

No worries, it was just a thought. :)

I can delete the thread if you want to. Just confirm in a reply :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

ltbrunt00

28 Apr 2017

Can someone tell us how long it took for them to get the beta testing link after signing up.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Apr 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:Can someone tell us how long it took for them to get the beta testing link after signing up.
There's no static rule to this. They let people in in batches. How many at a time I don't know. They let in 15 to begin with to make sure their systems could cope and were responsive. Then the first real batch were let in after that.

There might be thousands of people signed up for beta, and they might only let 50 in at a time.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

ljekio

28 Apr 2017

How about midi-sender's plugins?
Can Reason receive midi (or cv) from it?

electrofux

28 Apr 2017

Nevertheless, i would like to hear some experiences on using Elektron Overbridge or the Virus VST ;-)

Creativemind

28 Apr 2017

Suppose I could leave it, hopefully nobody posts a video.

chimp_spanner

28 Apr 2017

I'm honouring the beta agreement I won't share any video, as much as I really want to :lol: but I can tell you I've tried a lot of stuff. Xfer, NI, Steinberg and I've yet to encounter any issues. I think it's reasonable to assume that if a VST works in a VST host it will work in Reason because Reason is now a VST host :) of course it wouldn't at all surprise me if there are some kinks to iron out. That's what the beta is for I guess! But as long as the plugins you listed are up to date and 64-bit, I don't see why they wouldn't work.

mataya

28 Apr 2017

I got Uad, U-he, SoundToys and SonicCharge and Audio Damage stuff, also some other less known, maybe, stuff.
They all work great, as long as they are 64bit versions.
I really like the way automation is done in vst's. You just click the automate icon on a vst window and move the parameter you want...after that, you just press record and a new lane is created.
I'm buying softube and slate stuff this weekend and I'm pretty sure I'll have the same experience with those too.

Annoying is the some kind of error pop up message, every time I press on a window that is not Reason related(explorer, browser etc.), but the plugins are working and sounding great. No glitches or pop's or any.
Oh yeah, I forgot waves...license I have is from the studio I work in, but I was able to try that too. It's unreal to hear that stupid rcomp making an impact on my Nostromo patch.

M

decibel

28 Apr 2017

im getting the computer too slow to play song pop up occassionaly which means im either trying to throw too much into the rack ? my computers getting old or that its just beta related ?
ive never been the type to bounce tracks before, but i might have to adopt it in 9.5 it seems ? the experience of using vsts in reason is pretty kool so far though, so many new sounds at your fingertips etc *depending on the vsts you already have in your system of course

XysteR

29 Apr 2017

decibel wrote:im getting the computer too slow to play song pop up occassionaly which means im either trying to throw too much into the rack ? my computers getting old or that its just beta related ?
ive never been the type to bounce tracks before, but i might have to adopt it in 9.5 it seems ? the experience of using vsts in reason is pretty kool so far though, so many new sounds at your fingertips etc *depending on the vsts you already have in your system of course
Don't worry about the 'Computer too slow' thing it's generally Beta related.

decibel

29 Apr 2017

XysteR wrote:
decibel wrote:im getting the computer too slow to play song pop up occassionaly which means im either trying to throw too much into the rack ? my computers getting old or that its just beta related ?
Don't worry about the 'Computer too slow' thing it's generally Beta related.
yeah i figured there would be a certain amount of drain on the systems resources in the beta, hopefully it will all come clear on the 29th may yeah ;)

Karim
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2017

I hate when people (not qualified) show off on youtube a Reason Beta at very first stage and demonstrate how slow it is when the definitive version is as well faster and reliable. I'll thumbs down all videos like that [emoji58]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

jdotp

07 May 2017

I can confirm all of these work fine. I haven't found a single vst that hasn't worked!

Fab Filter Pro Q 2
Lennar Digital Sylenth
Native Instruments Massive
Soundtoys FX (Any)
Spectrasonics Omnisphere
U-He Hive

I used to spend a lot of money on RE's. I'm never going to be able to pay rent again now that this new market is available to me.
--------
JP
No rhythm, can't carry a tune.

• Information