Predicting Reason 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Loque

01 May 2017

After using all this hungry synths i use more and more samples and after lots of other things said, expect encoded export, i would like to see grouping in the sequencer.
Reason12, Win10

pquenin

01 May 2017

An extended Combinator will make me happy and I'm ready to pay 300 € for this...

dana

01 May 2017

I hope they consider turning the sequencer into a rack device, that would be really cool to play around with.
skinning.. the ability to create your own ui for combinators and vst instruments :)
Video support
Artificial intelligence / Generative music support :)

stp2015

01 May 2017

I think that Props have some nice cash flows coming in now: Updates from existing users and many people returning / coming to reason for the first time because of VST. Plus more cash from Verdane.

What will they do with this cash for version 10? Here are my three predictions:

1) Higher resolution / vector GUI to make reason more sexy for all the kids out there
2) More players (e.g. a step sequencer), possibly a players SDK
3) Possibly: Updates for some devices such as Thor, Kong, and NNXT

What do you guys expect?

Aquila

01 May 2017

I'm gonna play the cold skeptic here and say that despite the unthinkable update recently being announced, most other major feature requests for v10 may not necessarily be worth holding your breath for.

On the other hand, I will be more than glad to be proven wrong :)

Creativemind

01 May 2017

Alkua wrote:Well, PH has done many good things for Reason lately: Graphic Pitch Corrector, Players, Convolution Reverb, Delay Compensation and VST. But there is still a lot to be done.

1. Improve the Sequencer.
2. Higher Resolution Graphic.
3. Track Folders
4. Kong Using Regular Size Device.
5. Native devices MKII
6. Video
What's Kong Using Regular Device?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Kalm

01 May 2017

Karim wrote:Fades Audio tracks with customizable drawing curves
- VCA Mixer
- Multiple track selection ( on SSL Mixer channels)
- Function to handle optionally to keep audio tracks in the same file or externally ( when saving song file containing audio)
- Keep the same cut point of the audio track (In R9.2 currently varies depending on whether the file is stretched or not)
- "Dr W-Rex”. New updated device that now can slice Wav, Aiff and other uncompressed format of your choice
- Ability to resume an audio track erased from some bin (like the Cubase media pool manager)
- Synchronizes audio with sequencer tempo perfectly in grid ( like Ableton Live)
- Improved Zoom
- Pitch Edit Polyphonic recognition
- SSL Compressor detachable (as Rack Extension) with some new choices.
- Non-destructive Stretching
- Thor 2.0 with waveform import capabilities and other new functions of your choice.
- Combinator Mk2 (ex. with mini-sequencer inside)
- A New Player of your choice
- Mp3, Flac, Ogg, m4a Export
- Advanced block (blocks inside blocks)
- Ghost track (Like Cubase or S1)
- Alternative version songs(Like S1)
- VST support updated (if needed)
- Freeze track
- Regroove mixer influences also to audio
- Sequencer update (Editing more bars at the same time with transparency notes) and other improvement of your choice
- Editable labels indistinctly from the device or from the channel for perfect naming match
- Order channels with the same position of the rack ( optional in Preferences)
- Subtractor 2 , now stereo with 2 more oscillator and effect section of your choice
- X-comp (As half-rack device)
- OTT Compressor as half rack device ( Like Steve Duda one or famous Ableton live preset)
- Rebirth 2.0 free RE
- New revisited Mastering Suite with a Multiband built-in compressor
- New Limiter
- New spectrum analyzer with Lufs and Rms loudness measurement
- SSL Eq now has Mid/Side
- Video Support

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Yea... we'll discuss later how you tapped my brain lmao
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Kalm

01 May 2017

I want to see an API, Neve, and Propellerheads signature mixer emulation. A lot of things are going that route in my eyes and could change the whole dynamic of a track. Also tighter Q-values in the E-Mode for the SSL. Also, a better way to organize the rack section for mixing (idk how, but long racks become nightmares to me.)
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

JerrelTheKing

01 May 2017

per-anders wrote:So long as it isn't subscriptions then I'm good with anything.

I'd really like to see track and mixer groups and subgroups, it just makes it so much easier to maintain and organize a larger project, especially if you can also freeze groups. I'd also love to see better "blocks" handling, something more similar to how Studio 1 handles this.
I predict with an updated Sequencer there will be better Blocks functionality

musicmaker777

01 May 2017

+1 better workflow and more advanced features like Studio One3 has

jpf

01 May 2017

Probably I am the only one who wants a staff view of standard music notation... very useful specially when you play live.

ltbrunt00

01 May 2017

Staff View and notation editing would be Nice.

video editor to Sync music to video would be a welcomed feature.

A new Reason branded Radical device. They have Piano, Electric Keyboard. Maybe Radical Banjo, Fiddle and washtub. Reason could become the best DAW for emulating blue grass.

All seriously more player type devices or upgraded versions for their current players. Maybe build a framework so users can build their own players like max for live devices.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

scratchnsnifff

01 May 2017

rexbrewer wrote:Why not a new instrument ? Something that is a MUST HAVE for people new to Reason to have to buy. Maybe a new synth thats built with the help of Xfer Records, Output, Izotope? Something crazy and killer exclusively for Reason. Something that they make become the new Massive or Sylenth which people instantly want. You can charge ALOT more for a DAW then a single instrument so perhaps that might be in the works.
MKII versions of the existing devices would be awesome. Though I also like how they work as is. Simple and to the point. Maybe upgrade the pitch edit to handle polyphonic material. That would be insane. Also update their audio to midi convertors. Similar to what Ableton offers. So many possibilities but we won't ever have to read about VST being the main feature request again.
I vote times100000 for Steve Duda izotope and the props to do a collab on the worlds next super synth!!!! An additive resynthesis type of wave table fm/rm multiband effect super beast with crazy visuals :) that'd be awesome! I think that 10 should make blocks kinda like abletons clip launcher!! And have combi rotaries able to snap to certain values or have the combi knobs read different measurements like Hz or db, LFO rates also... but my main thing I'm hoping for is an update for the automation, I wish you could save certain automation shapes, like how serum can save LFO shapes, why couldn't that be done with sequencer automation clips :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

01 May 2017

Oh and when you automate say.. a combinator knob, when you name it Bandpass, the sequencer lane should also say Bandpass. When you automate anything it should show what you are automating with some sort of label in the sequencer, luckily the years have made it so rotary one is my cutoff 2 is env 3 is LFO rate and 4 some sort of effect haha

scratchnsnifff

01 May 2017

Haha what If they made an ID8 vst hahaha

JerrelTheKing

01 May 2017

Really starting to think that a Freeze Track function is almost a necessity with VSTi now in the rack. CPU usage will now be a real thing and they should definitely add precautionary functions for it.

Oquasec

01 May 2017

Reason only uses no cpu if you aren't doing anything particularly different. Like one instance of each plugin not routing to anything or not using combis...
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

jfrichards

01 May 2017

Completely new format for mobile devices and touchscreens. Scalable hi-res graphics. Ultra-fast but precise page-changing/ergonomic controls for iPhone performance work. New set of touch-screen finger control input screens with detailed scale/mode/timing/arpeggiator/modulation control and gyroscope/accelerometer effects. Full integration of multi-track collaboration. Voice controlled workflow batching with memorizing/learning/suggesting.

Oquasec

01 May 2017

More workflow improvements for the timestrip, more themes, ability to create custom themes, support for vst3.
I have to say reaosn 9's workflow bumped up from 8 alot despite 8 being a gamechanger when it came to that.

Keep adding more features to that piano roll cuz they caught up with other daws when 7 came out [downloaded all the older versions of reason to try them all out]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Taff

01 May 2017

Unless they implement my idea for "saved searches" I'm not buying it.

;-)

AzureEyes

01 May 2017

Reason 10 predictions (Azure Eyes Edition!)

Release Q2 2018

Features:

• Multitrack group editing!

• Combinator 2.0: Allows you to build your own Combinator set up

• New Native Sampler that allows FM and complex sound bending

• Thor MK2 (More Oscillators, Stereo Unison, ZFD Filters, Advanced Wavetable synthesis)

• Complex audio editing: Bend, Shape, Warp, Manipulate (Similar to Ableton)

• VST3 support

• Vectorial GUI and Higher resolution

• Parsec 3 becomes part of the Native Reason environment!

• More themes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KirkMarkarian

01 May 2017

I'd love to have an updated Kong, with either more drum synthesizers, a modular drum synthesis setup, or more options built into each drum synthesizer. I use Kong for most of my production work, and it would be great to have more sound options!

CephaloPod

01 May 2017

2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

platzangst

02 May 2017

JerrelTheKing wrote:Oh yeah those were for sale as well. We're talking about instruments included with updates. Keep up.
Be clearer, then. "Done with instruments" is a lot different than "not giving instruments away with updates".

The_G

02 May 2017

Here's what I hope is included:

1. Freeze tracks

2. Subtractor 2.0

3. A badass chorus/ensemble effect
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

• Information