Reason 8.3 Official Public Test Thread

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

10 Jun 2015

But maybe... It would be cool if when loading a sample or selecting the Convolution algorithm, the other parameters simply reset themselves to those other values.

And then when those parameters are tweaked, they would remain at those settings when switching between algorithms, loading samples, within the same instance of RV7000. Some other devices have this behavior.

thala

10 Jun 2015

Feature request:
Rv-7000 mk2 really needs full REX2-Support...
incl. timing etc. for a creative "delay/sequence mode"
thanks

Exowildebeest

10 Jun 2015

thala wrote:Feature request:
thanks
Pfff... Really cool idea, but not exactly a small feature request :) As a workaround, you can convert any Rex file to a wave and use that as an IR.

thala

10 Jun 2015

thanks
Exowildebeest wrote:
Pfff... Really cool idea, but not exactly a small feature request :) As a workaround, you can convert any Rex file to a wave and use that as an IR.
pfff.... unconfortable :)

Faastwalker

10 Jun 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote: Trouble is, the wooden sides are normally used for navigation of the entire rack, so putting permanent markers there isn't viable: again, you'd have a similar problem to "device drag from anywhere".
Something else I'd like to see fixed. So, so annoying when tweaking parameters. I use 'shift' + mouse drag to fine tune parameters all the time. If you get that wrong & accidentally 'device drag from anywhere' you move & unwire the device. A quick CTRL + Z undoes the damage. But it's frustrating as hell. I'd like a toggle shortcut between normal & fine control of parameters.

Resonator

10 Jun 2015

I can only run the beta in demo mode. I download the new version of Authorizer, have Reason 8.3 Beta  authorized, according to my account. But that's all. I had the 8.2 demo installed and uninstalled it, thinking it would solve the problem. But it didn't. Can anyone help?

Ostermilk

10 Jun 2015

thanks
The way convolution works doesnt lend itself to doing that at all. 

That is a whole new concept for a device rather than an addition to a filter system that uses a static sample for its data.  It's a bit like wanting the Softube Amp to play piano.

Input some wacky samples into a RV7000 and stick that on a Dr Rex then you've got endless loop mangling possibilities anyway.

BombsandBottles

10 Jun 2015

Can anyone confirm that 96khz .wavs are somehow louder than 44.1khz wavs in the RV700 mkII?  If I take a 24-bit sample and bounce at 44.1 and 96, the 96khz distorts on maximum wetness while the 44.1 version sounds normal?

Gaja

11 Jun 2015

Resonator wrote:I can only run the beta in demo mode. I download the new version of Authorizer, have Reason 8.3 Beta  authorized, according to my account. But that's all. I had the 8.2 demo installed and uninstalled it, thinking it would solve the problem. But it didn't. Can anyone help?
With Reason the demo version is the full version minus the ability to export or open songs. Usually a beta version of Reason is only accessible in demo mode. But I'm not anywhere near my Reason right now, so I can't check to confirm.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Nocturn789

11 Jun 2015

Beside a Bug I reported on the Redrum, I made some suggestions for better remote use of it.

remotable items:

- expand "Step x Playing" from 16 up to 64

- add an Item like "Bar x Playing". (example "Bar 3 Playing" means the Indicator is somewhere inside Steps 33 and 48)

- make "Edit Steps" triggerable. (now "Edit Steps" is Value 0-3. something like "Edit Steps 17-32" to trigger whould be nice)

Yepp THAT'D BE GREAT

skatebird

11 Jun 2015

Resonator wrote:I can only run the beta in demo mode. I download the new version of Authorizer, have Reason 8.3 Beta  authorized, according to my account. But that's all. I had the 8.2 demo installed and uninstalled it, thinking it would solve the problem. But it didn't. Can anyone help?
Gaja wrote: With Reason the demo version is the full version minus the ability to export or open songs. Usually a beta version of Reason is only accessible in demo mode. But I'm not anywhere near my Reason right now, so I can't check to confirm.
You need a Reason 8 license to run these test builds. Previously we have issued temporary test licences to all who signed up for the (then closed) beta tests. This time around the testing is public.

Please note that you can still test in Demo Mode!
I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it. - John Cage

skatebird

11 Jun 2015

Essentials bug challenge!

Thanks a lot for the testing done so far, lots of good bugs reported to reason83@propellerheads.se :)

To boost the testing of Reason Essentials, here is a challenge for you: if you find a bug in Reason Essentials, that is specific to Essentials (i.e. can't be reproduced in Reason), you will receive a free Propellerhead Rack Extension* of your choice!

Even if you don't have an Essentials license, you can still run it in demo mode. A starting point to find bugs is to look at the fact that Essentials does not have all the features and devices that Reason has. Is there some function in Essentials that (wrongly) assumes that there is a NN19 sampler for instance?

Download the Essentials test builds here:
Reason Essentials 8.3d46 logging for Windows
Reason Essentials 8.3d46 logging for Mac
Good luck!

*) The fine print: Only Rack Extensions developed by Propellerhead (PX7, Rotor etc) can be issued as rewards. Max 1 RE per root cause, so if a bug cause 20 Combi patches to be broken, you can't get 20 REs.

Grouthead

11 Jun 2015

Things I would like to see in future updates maybe reason 9

Sequencer:
**right-click Option to reverse MIDI and automation clips
**display key names on MIDI notes ( C,C#,D,Eb ect.)
**ghost note overlay (see more than one midi or audio lane at once)
Transport:
**A buttons for all Windows rack, mixer, sequencer, browser, spectrum EQ , tools, recording meter everything accessible with one click on transport (just like the keys and groove buttons)
In the preferences:
**disable auto routing checkbox
**ability to select default clip color (tangerine is getting me down, I would love graphite or maybe bright gray)
** control surface for Akai LPK 25
** I want a darker interface
Mixer:
** I preferred the show/hide buttons vertical do I really need a mixer scrollbar?
** A Way to save channel strip settings
Rack:
** a button on each device to pop it out in its own zoomed out window( try to work with Thor on 1440 monitor)
Browser:
** More icons options for folders allowing you to collapse the folder names and organize better

:PUF_balance:

skatebird

11 Jun 2015

We will soon push new builds of Reason and Reason Essentials to the PublicTesting channel. Here are the fixes:

Fixlist Reason d68 -> d72 and Essentials d40 -> d43:
  • Case 322414: Bug Report (an assert)
  • Case 322404: Static Value box in Song mode doesn't lose focus after Enter, Pressing Shift+Enter causes "Unknown Exception" alert.
  • Case 322486: Spectrum EQ not linear when measuring white noise
  • Case 322402: Reason 8.3d68 does not launch under OS X 10.11 Developer Beta 1
  • Case 322340; IR recording bug
  • Case 322178: Static value in arrangement: clicking in white area causes boxes to get stuck in active look
  • RV7000: New default patch
Please report if you have any trouble auto-updating as well!

ahs

11 Jun 2015

maybe a warning if you quit reason and there is a downlod ongoing !?

Nocturn789

11 Jun 2015

@skatebird

duuuuude is there a complete fixlist somewhere?

ahs

11 Jun 2015

@skatebird

can we let this beta version on the computer using it for the next beta ?
or is the beta version changing to a full version ?

Fredrik

11 Jun 2015

ahs wrote:@skatebird

can we let this beta version on the computer using it for the next beta ?
Yes
ahs wrote: or is the beta version changing to a full version ?
No, the full version will come as an update to Reason 8.2, if you already have it.

Fredrik

skatebird

11 Jun 2015

Nocturn789 wrote:@skatebird

duuuuude is there a complete fixlist somewhere?
On this page you have the fixlist for both d68 and d72: https://www.propellerheads.se/testing/Reason830/

Cheers!

Olivier

11 Jun 2015

MB wrote:(Z) Zoom doesn't work for me, I can zoom in but not back out again :/

Edit:

It works, but not with only one (1) clip in the arrange.

Empty project -> add thor -> double click in sequencer to make clip -> click Z zooms in, Z again will not work.
What is there to zoom out to, when there's only one clip ?
I think what Z does is, zoom in to selected clips, and zoom out to all clips.

If total number of clips = 1, then zooming out means resizing so 1 clip is visible... nothing happens.

I think its working as expected.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

gak

11 Jun 2015

I did a topic search and found out (to no surprise that you can install alongside 8.2, but not sure if I need to do anything special to keep the two from futzing with each other. I think I read somewhere about a different folder, but not sure what that means specifically.

oolaa

11 Jun 2015

theohilton wrote:pretty much cant even use it its that slow

Same here, first full song I opened wouldn't run "computer too slow...". I know that the logging code makes it run slower but nothing this bad in 8.0 beta. I suspect the RV7000 MkII may spell the end for my Core 2 Duo Mac...
Reason 12, Ableton Live 11 Suite, MPC Beats, Windows 10

oolaa

11 Jun 2015

Rack is rendering bigger for me than previously meaning that larger synths (eg Parsec) no longer fits on one screen without scrolling. Rob Papen's predator II always overlapped a bit but does a lot now. 

My resolution is probably below the recommended minimum (it is 1280 x 800) but fitted in 8.2  ...
Reason 12, Ableton Live 11 Suite, MPC Beats, Windows 10

firejan82

11 Jun 2015

skatebird wrote: Is there some function in Essentials that (wrongly) assumes that there is a NN19 sampler for instance?
 I don't know if this counts as a bug but the Sound Factory for Essentials includes NN19 sampler patches.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-06-12_02.58.13.jpg
Screenshot_2015-06-12_02.58.13.jpg (222.25 KiB) Viewed 2569 times

• Information