The shop security

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ejanuska

11 May 2017

This morning I was checking out the sale on the PH site. I wasn't logged in. I noticed that the login icon was filled in like I was logged in so I hovered my mouse over it and it said I was logged in as kluckson. There is no way anyone else is using my computer. I clicked on something and the next page indicated I was logged out.

Makes me wonder how secure that site is.

Ashpool

11 May 2017

Yes, I have made a similar experience.
I hope that this will be fixed somehow.

centomila

11 May 2017

For my knowledge, i think you were not logged by another user. A problem like that is usually caused by the CDN serving the wrong cache page.

A similar problem (but with worst consequences) has happened to the steam website last year
https://www.bizety.com/2016/01/02/valve ... ity-issue/

Those are only speculations, but anyway don't worry too much about. The worst thing that can happen, is someone buying a Rack Extension for you :)

Faastwalker

11 May 2017

Same thing here. I logged in as me. Then a bit later I noticed I was logged in with a different name!! What the hell is going on with that?!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

11 May 2017

Yeah, I also noticed I was logged in as "lucid[something or other, I forget]"

FlowerSoldier

11 May 2017

That's not good. That's bad. Hope they are salting their hashes properly.

decoder

11 May 2017

Hmmm I had a weird experience just now too. I was trying to purchase Fritz and I kept getting a message that my transaction failed... I've used the same CC for years on the Phead site with no issues and I know its a valid card... Odd

ejanuska

11 May 2017

Makes me wonder how they are going to push 9.5 to everyone on release day.

But feel free to pay for my rack extensions if you're logged in as me.

decoder

11 May 2017

decoder wrote:Hmmm I had a weird experience just now too. I was trying to purchase Fritz and I kept getting a message that my transaction failed... I've used the same CC for years on the Phead site with no issues and I know its a valid card... Odd

Nevermind, the issue I was having wasn't related to the Shop... I hope no one else had any trouble like that!
Happy May Madness! :puf_bigsmile:

strangers
Competition Winner

12 May 2017

This happened to me last week while I was at work scrolling through the shop. I was browsing to let a few of the rack extension demo tracks play, I noticed the page randomly showed as logged in with an item chilling in the cart. The odd part was I never signed in yet Nerzod (or something along those lines) was logged in. At first, I wondered "which one of these jabronis is a secret Reason user?" I was so close to solving the mystery by clicking on the account icon but that made the page refresh and go back to the usual non-logged page. Reality quickly kicked in that it was some kind of glitch.

Schaltwert

12 May 2017

I discovered the same yesterday. I've send the Props a support request. Not very trustful this behavior.
Last year there was a similar problem on Izotopes' site.

Faastwalker

12 May 2017

Schaltwert wrote:I discovered the same yesterday. I've send the Props a support request. Not very trustful this behavior.
Last year there was a similar problem on Izotopes' site.
I was going to so the same & link to this thread. I'd say it's probably happening across the board. Very odd & concerning. Saying that it has not happened to me since the first time when my sign in changed to 'plonk21' or something like that!!

supersplaron

12 May 2017

Hey guys. We are looking into this as we speak. Thanks!

edit: We had a temporary issue where the shop displayed the wrong user name and product listings for some visitors. This was only a graphical error, which means that you were never actually logged in as the user shown. All purchases, trials etc. would have taken place with your real user.

Sorry for the confusion. Glad we could sort this out so soon.

ejanuska

12 May 2017

supersplaron wrote: This was only a graphical error, which means that you were never actually logged in as the user shown. All purchases, trials etc. would have taken place with your real user.
Graphical error that displayed other usernames?

Where did you go to spin school? CNN? BBC?

Wickline

12 May 2017

ejanuska wrote:
supersplaron wrote: This was only a graphical error, which means that you were never actually logged in as the user shown. All purchases, trials etc. would have taken place with your real user.
Graphical error that displayed other usernames?

Where did you go to spin school? CNN? BBC?
Harsh but I LOL'd
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

lzap

12 May 2017

What bothers me storing of credit card number. Not sure if there is opt-out. On the other hand payments are 3D secure here, which is great.

scratchnsnifff

12 May 2017

If someone logs into my account iv been dying for nostromo and fritz, so keep that in mind :) lol that'd be kind of cool, taking secret santa to a whole new level! :mrgreen:
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

OverneathTheSkyBridg

12 May 2017

I was signed in as MrSexyTime. Then I went to check again and it was my regular name. I logged out and then back in and it was fine.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

lowpryo

12 May 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:If someone logs into my account iv been dying for nostromo and fritz, so keep that in mind :) lol that'd be kind of cool, taking secret santa to a whole new level! :mrgreen:
if they're logged into your account, they'll probably buy them for you with your own saved credit card ;)

Ostermilk

12 May 2017

decoder wrote:
decoder wrote:Hmmm I had a weird experience just now too. I was trying to purchase Fritz and I kept getting a message that my transaction failed... I've used the same CC for years on the Phead site with no issues and I know its a valid card... Odd

Nevermind, the issue I was having wasn't related to the Shop... I hope no one else had any trouble like that!
Don't you just hate it when you didn't have as much in your account as you thought... :shock:

For me when that happens it's normally a good prompt to look for a new hairstyle or pair of shoes I can complement her on when I get home. See, you can always find a positive out of what seems like a bad situation.

Mind you I must admit I've never been complemented on having a fab looking new synth when she gets home having been declined at the check-out at the shoe shop.

Just for once I would like to hear what a nice looking rack I have. Is that too much to ask?

:mrgreen:

ejanuska

12 May 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
decoder wrote:

Don't you just hate it when you didn't have as much in your account as you thought... :shock:

For me when that happens it's normally a good prompt to look for a new hairstyle or pair of shoes I can complement her on when I get home. See, you can always find a positive out of what seems like a bad situation.

Mind you I must admit I've never been complemented on having a fab looking new synth when she gets home having been declined at the check-out at the shoe shop.

Just for once I would like to hear what a nice looking rack I have. Is that too much to ask?

You must be the account for MrSexyMan

scratchnsnifff

12 May 2017

lowpryo wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:If someone logs into my account iv been dying for nostromo and fritz, so keep that in mind :) lol that'd be kind of cool, taking secret santa to a whole new level! :mrgreen:
if they're logged into your account, they'll probably buy them for you with your own saved credit card ;) :lol:

Hahahaha well apparently I didn't think that through :lol:
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Wickline

12 May 2017

lowpryo wrote:
if they're logged into your account, they'll probably buy them for you with your own saved credit card ;)
This is genius. I now have an excuse to give the wife. THANKS!!!!
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

decoder

15 May 2017

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ejanuska wrote:
Ostermilk wrote:
decoder wrote:

You must be the account for MrSexyMan

• Information