Reason 8.3 Official Public Test Thread

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Pepin

20 Jun 2015

kitekrazy wrote:I'm late to the game messing with this. Am I missing something?  Detaching Mixer and Rack Window only hide them. I see Props icon for Mixer and Rack in the quick launch bar but they do nothing.

This problem is only happening on 1 system. 

I'm not sure what this Browse where you are actually does.

"Call up Reason’s browser from where you work! The new browser introduced in Reason 8 offers a vastly improved workflow, but was previously only accessible from the main window. After feedback from users who use Reason with the rack in a detached window, you can now access the browser there as well."

Not sure that's working on all systems... If you have a separate Mixer Window, right click gives you what to add to the mixer. Is that what they mean?

It would be nice if they posted a video on these new features so I can see what they do.  Image Line is great for this.
Detaching the rack and mixer should place them in separate windows. That behavior shouldn't have changed with 8.3.

Previously, you could only access the browser from the sequencer window. Now, you can also access it from the rack window when it's detached.

tiker01

20 Jun 2015

kitekrazy wrote:I'm late to the game messing with this. Am I missing something?  Detaching Mixer and Rack Window only hide them. I see Props icon for Mixer and Rack in the quick launch bar but they do nothing.

"Call up Reason’s browser from where you work! The new browser introduced in Reason 8 offers a vastly improved workflow, but was previously only accessible from the main window. After feedback from users who use Reason with the rack in a detached window, you can now access the browser there as well."

Not sure that's working on all systems... If you have a separate Mixer Window, right click gives you what to add to the mixer. Is that what they mean?

It would be nice if they posted a video on these new features so I can see what they do.  Image Line is great for this.
Pepin wrote:
Detaching the rack and mixer should place them in separate windows. That behavior shouldn't have changed with 8.3.

Previously, you could only access the browser from the sequencer window. Now, you can also access it from the rack window when it's detached.
But not (directly) in the Mixer window, Maybe later on we will have a third/floating browser window.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

joeyluck

20 Jun 2015

Pepin wrote:

tiker01 wrote:
But not (directly) in the Mixer window, Maybe later on we will have a third/floating browser window.
A floating window would be nice, but right now I'm enjoying the two browser windows attached to the rack and sequencer. They seem to work independently of one another which is handy. So, I don't have to drag my floating window over to another screen - the browser is already there and it's focus is relevant to that window.

jfrichards

20 Jun 2015

kitekrazy wrote:...I'm not sure what this Browse where you are actually does...
What they mean is "Browse where you Drag & Drop" (sequencer and rack).  For now, they have not set up browsing, dragging and dropping in the Mixer, maybe later, maybe not...

gak

20 Jun 2015

gak wrote:Midi select from the rack is slick. Now, they need to add it to where the same thing will arm audio if it's an audio track :)  
selig wrote:
That's exactly how it works! 
:)
Either there was an issue with that version or I just missed it. Either way, that is really slick.

kitekrazy

20 Jun 2015

Pepin wrote:

I've got a system problem where when detached in the task bar or whatever it's called clicking on them shows nothing.  I tried switching to Aero (W7) and same thing.  It's fine on the other systems. One is using Windows 10 Tech Preview.

This is one of those things that's hard to fix in Windows. I've tried a lot of things. I don't know if reinstalling Reason will work.

gak

20 Jun 2015

Here's a problem I ran into: 

-Load any project
-Add GEQ7

The result is crackling, however if I turn the analyzer off, it seems to go away.

win7x64, saffire pro 14, 44.1k, 128 buffer, i7 4770

gak

21 Jun 2015

And another question, is there a reason my nektar lx61 can't be used for faders/pans/etc? (I'll keep looking into why)

SOLVED! You simple re-install the nektar software 1.0.9 for windows.

geronimo

21 Jun 2015

With PANORAMA P6 under LION 10.7.5. it's work fine: have you properly set the REASON (Surface looking) options ?

gak

21 Jun 2015

geronimo wrote:With PANORAMA P6 under LION 10.7.5. it's work fine: have you properly set the REASON (Surface looking) options ?
Yeah, that wasn't available until I re-installed. Thanks

Majestik Monkey

22 Jun 2015

I DL'd 8.3 ..... NoneLog yesterday ! 

I just wanted to see the new features n mess we em ! 

Brill.....  luvin the Rv7000 Mk2 n that new wacky Zoom tech / Ctrl shift n mouse  :s0221:  & the niffty focus touch .....

But there's Something else that i am hearing . . . but can't put mi finger on it ! 

i honestly don't know wether its me or not, but the Audio output sounds slightly different? . . . 
I know there's no mention of this in the Update spec's / The Engine being tweaked ... but i wonder ? because to me Reason sound's Warmer & Phatter ..... god dam it ' i aint makin this shit up . . . .  :s0230:

jfrichards

22 Jun 2015

I heard a rumor that Giles had been involved with an audio engine upgrade that now gives us 192KHz sample rate, which with 64 sample latency means 1 millisecond roundtrip total latency, and absolutely flat EQ and zero aliasing or reflection from 20 Hz to 20KHz.  Plus inaudible dithering.

:s0717:

Yonatan

23 Jun 2015

jfrichards  I hope you are right with that rumour. Sounds interesting with an audio improvement. 

Pepin

23 Jun 2015

Yonatan wrote:jfrichards  I hope you are right with that rumour. Sounds interesting with an audio improvement. 
Pretty sure that "rumor" was a joke.

Reason actually already supports 192 kHz as long as your audio interface supports it.

jfrichards

23 Jun 2015

Yonatan wrote:jfrichards  I hope you are right with that rumour. Sounds interesting with an audio improvement. 
I said sorry below it because that was a sort of joke... we have all that already.  Sorry again.

brennan

23 Jun 2015

this beata is too good I cant find anything wrong with it ...when I thought I found a fault it turned out to be one of my submixers ..so hat of to the props

iramrezso

24 Jun 2015

geronimo wrote:With PANORAMA P6 under LION 10.7.5. it's work fine: have you properly set the REASON (Surface looking) options ?
gak wrote:
Yeah, that wasn't available until I re-installed. Thanks
OFF: Does Panorama support the new RV7000?

skatebird

24 Jun 2015

Reason 8.3d88 and Essentials 8.3d53 will soon be headed your way!

Fixlist:
  • Case 323136: Negative values in usage stats
  • Case 273287: "Use Track Color" menu item sometimes checked, sometimes not when selecting multiple clips
  • Case 323259: Info fold arrow causes stuck blue line
  • Case 323737: Crash when Remote "Select Next Patch for Target Device" or "Select Previous Patch for Target Device" event received
  • Assert and crash if failed to load stored usage statistics. (8.2 would never send statistics in that case)
  • Added a "Device Version" remotable item to RV7000. Special case for control surfaces that want to know if convolution is available, etc.
Happy testing!
I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it. - John Cage

BombsandBottles

24 Jun 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote:I DL'd 8.3 ..... NoneLog yesterday ! 

I just wanted to see the new features n mess we em ! 

Brill.....  luvin the Rv7000 Mk2 n that new wacky Zoom tech / Ctrl shift n mouse  :s0221:  & the niffty focus touch .....

But there's Something else that i am hearing . . . but can't put mi finger on it ! 

i honestly don't know wether its me or not, but the Audio output sounds slightly different? . . . 
I know there's no mention of this in the Update spec's / The Engine being tweaked ... but i wonder ? because to me Reason sound's Warmer & Phatter ..... god dam it ' i aint makin this shit up . . . .  :s0230:
There are lots of ways to objectively test that if you really wanted to...

jfrichards

24 Jun 2015

Props email says 8.3 will be released June 30.

gak

24 Jun 2015

I'll try again later but earlier the rack "focus" didn't work. Not for audio or midi (though the little blue handle showed up and acted at though it was getting input)

win7x64 here.

esselfortium

25 Jun 2015

Did Reason 8 do something to improve performance when working with large multisampled instruments, like Reason Drum Kits or Impact Soundworks' ReFills? I've experienced crippling slowdowns when using them on Reason 7, but the Reason 8.3 beta seems to be far more responsive. I'm running in demo mode so I can't compare the same song on the two of them, though, so I'm not entirely convinced. Anyone know? :)  

(Running on Mac OS 10.10, btw, and the performance issues in R7 are not DSP-related (meter only shows 2 bars) or hard drive related (using an SSD). Audio plays normally during the lockups but the GUI gives me the spinning ball when performing basic tasks like unfolding an instrument. R8.3 doesn't seem to have the same issues, as best as I can tell.)
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

skatebird

26 Jun 2015

We have pushed Reason 8.3d90 to the PublicTesting channel (Essentials not finished yet).

The only fix is this:

Case 323827: RV7000 MKII: PreDelay changes the impulse response

It's slightly scary coming this late during the test period, so please test this thoroughly during the weekend. It concerns running Reason at 96kHz and using IR samples at 44.1 and 48kHz. Changing predelay and size should not alter the sound in any unexpected manner.

Happy testing, and have a nice weekend!
I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it. - John Cage

selig
RE Developer

26 Jun 2015

gak wrote:
I'll try again later but earlier the rack "focus" didn't work. Not for audio or midi (though the little blue handle showed up and acted at though it was getting input)

win7x64 here.

Possible "capt obvious" moment here…
The blue handle shows up when the device is selected. Focus is only achieved when the blue handle is actually clicked on.

Are you saying that after you clicked on the blue 'tab' and the sequencer track WAS selected it was not giving focus, or that the sequencer track was not actually selected via the blue tab?

Again stating the obvious, the blue tab is a track selector, nothing more/less. It is "supposed" to do exactly the same thing as selecting the track in the sequencer, but it saves you a trip (and I find it to be VERY useful so far). 

Hope something here helps…
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information