Glitch during the first Play of every Song.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chrischrischris

18 May 2017

Hi,

I am having an issue which I thought may have been fixed with Re Installing Windows but wasn't.

When I Click Play for the first time in Reason I get A Glitch in Sound or Silence. I have tried everything! It is a new build Ryzen1800X, Asus B350M-A, 16GB 3200 Ram, Windows 10, TI Firewire Card and Presonus Firestudio Project and Nvidia Graphics Card.

I have tried everything to suss out the issue but nothing seems to work Latency Mon comes up clear and My CPU or Ram never goes over 18% no matter what Song I try. 1 Track Audio or Midi to 24 Track Audio Or Midi.

All Cores are active (Unparked). Same parts as My last stable AMD Build.

Is this a known issue?

Is there a way that I can create A Log to see what is going on at that time?

Is there any PCIE Software available to check what speed each PCIE Port / Device is running at? (I'm sure it is either Reason Software or A PCIE / Firewire Issue).

It seems like My PCIE Port is asleep for a second and then wakes up and is fine for hours again but when I close The Song and Re-Open it The Glitch Occurs again.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Last edited by chrischrischris on 18 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

ejanuska

18 May 2017

My suggestion is try another audio interface, with a USB interface, or install the ASIOforall driver and try that.

chrischrischris

18 May 2017

ejanuska wrote:My suggestion is try another audio interface, with a USB interface, or install the ASIOforall driver and try that.

Hi,

I have already tried ASIO4ALL and The Presonus was fine about 9 days ago on the last build.

Thanks

Chris

chrischrischris

18 May 2017

chrischrischris wrote:
ejanuska wrote:My suggestion is try another audio interface, with a USB interface, or install the ASIOforall driver and try that.

Hi,

I have already tried ASIO4ALL and The Presonus was fine about 9 days ago on the last build.

Thanks

Chris
Possibly fixed it? I set My Buffer to 96 instead of 64. I don't want to speak too soon though!

Does anybody know if Buffer Speeds have any correlation to Sample Rate / Bit Rate? Being that 48 is half of 96 or is this just wierd magic happening?

Thanks in advance

Chris

• Information