So what are the first things you did/do with 9.5?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jetpilot00

29 May 2017

Loaded up Superior Drummer 2, routed all all the mics to individual mix channels and eq'ed, created master mix busses for drums, keys, guitars (vocals to come) and saved the template.

Sat back, grabbed a beer and blew up the mixer and imagined how much I can get accomplished now getting my favorite sounds in my favorite DAW.

-JP
***If life is a song, I've just passed the guitar solo.***

OldSchoolSkunk

29 May 2017

I've been making some new tracks with the Kontakt 5 player just for fun.. and have a free VST named Cobalt and another Ample Bass P lite II jammin in there. Having fun in Reason with these for now before i take a look at some the big ones.. like Izotopes..

Iapetus 9

29 May 2017

Opened Guitar Rig...cried a little at the perfect integration...looking into buying Jbridge. I hope the Pheads can can implement a good bridge of their own. This is a worthy update. Cheers!
38L > 51D every time.

Mista808

29 May 2017

First thing I did was load up Omnisphere 2. However, I'm noticing that (dare I say it) my cracked plugins like Nexus, Massive etc. don't seem to load into Reason 9.5 Does Reason know these are cracked and they won't work? Or am I missing something here? I really wanted to use my beloved Nexus and Massive within Reason and I'm only seeing Omnisphere 2 (which I actually paid for).. This is going to upset many broke musicians if that's the case.. :puf_bigsmile:

Oquasec

29 May 2017

There's no such thing as a cracked plugin disable tool in reason. Are you a new guy?
Cuz if you are, let me explain. [I know I know, learning plugins isn't on your to do list so Ill just resume my sleep]
Vst support, is for vsts.

Minihost modular was before this and is the same thing.
Emi supports vst, aax & au.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

strangers
Competition Winner

29 May 2017

aburazaru wrote:This... immediately after spending time to sort out my VST directories and screen shots I loaded up some of my favorites and jammed some FabFilter stuff along with Ozone in the master channel. I used to export to .wav and finish in Ozone standalone, and now... it's right in the rack! SO GOOD and ran flawlessly! After that, I fired up some of the tracks from the "build me" folder, haha. Serum and Kontakt are running hard!
I don't have 9.5 yet but I do the same as you to master in Ozone 7 Advanced. That'll be pretty convenient to run Ozone within Reason. Looking forward to trying it out myself.

deepndark

30 May 2017

Gorgon wrote:
deepndark wrote:I'm working with my old songs once again and trying to make them as perfect as I can. Cockos multiband compressor (which everone should get as it's free and sounds great) is in my mastering chain. You? :puf_smile:
I must congratulate you Heikki, finally a topic with a question from you that makes sense. ;)
I can make lot of sense if I wanna to. I know where I've been wrong in the past (about Reason sound). :puf_wink:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 May 2017

Installed it. :D :D

The_G

30 May 2017

Chained the VSTs I often wished were available to use in Reason (Diva, Pro-R, EchoBoy, etc.) to all the modules and REs I often wished were available as VSTs (Expanse, RV7000, Steerpike BBD Delay, etc.).
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 May 2017

Just did a couple of songs using East West play.

Eagerly expecting for multi midi channels as the big orchestra patches will benefit a lot from this...

stp2015

30 May 2017

Downloaded Dexed and Synth1 :)

Loque

30 May 2017

Downloading and testing trillions of free VSTs that took a lot of hours. Than uninstalled all VSTs that crashed within 1 minute. Than tried and uninstalled all sh!t, that produces crap, unusable, bad GUIs, bad workflow and so on... Got nuts to make patches and banks work - uninstalled.

Than i noticed the better non-phasing sounds, when using parallel fx and smiled :-)
Reason12, Win10

ljekio

30 May 2017

So what are the first things you did/do with 9.5?
Hello again my Podfarm and Reaktor, good bye Reaper, I can play with windcontroller and use Superior without out from Reason now.

gullum

30 May 2017

Gorgon wrote:
gullum wrote:I loaded a song I'm working on and it sounds exactly the same as yesterday :D
LOL! :thumbs_up:

Does it have the Reason sound? I swear I could hear the Reason sound in Reaktor now. :puf_bigsmile:
I swear that Ozone now has the Reason sound never heard it when using it standalone, always was able to remove the Reason sound out of my tracks with it in standalone :oops:

artotaku

30 May 2017

I started out with some free top ten VSTi like Synth1, OB-Xd etc, and soon appreciated the consistent installation process and UI behaviour of Rack Extensions ;)

Kov

30 May 2017

I'm going to holidays on sunday with my laptop. Will stay on 9.2 because i don't want to run into some unexpected stuff when far away from the internet ;). When i come back i'll upgrade to 9.5 and start mixing the tracks i did on holidays. After that i might run reactor because i believe i have an installer lying arround on some external backup hdd.

ltbrunt00

30 May 2017

Started replacing my violin sounds in older songs with String libraries from Spitfire Audio, East/West, E-instrumnets & Garritan PSO.

Spitfire Audio + Reason = Awesome.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

OverneathTheSkyBridg

30 May 2017

Uninstalled Reaper was one of the first things I did. I've got the Arturia V Collection demos, which run for 20 minutes before disabling. Some of them are a little crackly (the piano ones mostly.) Love how I can bounce in place before the demo time runs out. Also got lots of the popular free VSTs like Synth1 and Dexed going. The added VST support is what pushed me over the edge to upgrade, and I'm looking forward to exploring the other features of R9.

Ahornberg

30 May 2017

Iapetus 9 wrote:Opened Guitar Rig...cried a little at the perfect integration...looking into buying Jbridge. I hope the Pheads can can implement a good bridge of their own. This is a worthy update. Cheers!
I hope that too ... Bitwig can handle 32 and 64 bit VSTs in a sandbox so when a VST crashes the DAW doesn't crash too ... I thought Props did it the same way but so far I had 2 VSTs crashing and Reason crashing too without a chance to save the song ... I think VST sandboxing is a must for a DAW in terms of stability.

Oquasec

30 May 2017

They hit the nail on the head with the whole "this is one of the few daws that gets me going for music production" attitude.
Studio One.
Reason.
Reaper.
Caustic.
Protools.

Their workflows inspire daily. integrating a second plugin format into the rack was overkill.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

samp

30 May 2017

I swear that Ozone now has the Reason sound never heard it when using it standalone, always was able to remove the Reason sound out of my tracks with it in standalone :oops:[/quote]

I agree.

selig
RE Developer

30 May 2017

samp wrote:
gullum wrote:
Gorgon wrote:
gullum wrote:I loaded a song I'm working on and it sounds exactly the same as yesterday :D
LOL! :thumbs_up:

Does it have the Reason sound? I swear I could hear the Reason sound in Reaktor now. :puf_bigsmile:
I swear that Ozone now has the Reason sound never heard it when using it standalone, always was able to remove the Reason sound out of my tracks with it in standalone :oops:

I agree.
It's a requirement with 9.5 that all VSTs conform to the Reason Sound standard now. Once you load the VST in Reason, it will forever embed the "Reason Sound" deep into the audio engine, even allowing you to achieve the Reason Sound when you run that VST on another Host. It's pretty incredible technology really, and will really help spread the Reason Sound around the world!
;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

kitekrazy

30 May 2017

Made sure it didn't crash a lot like the beta. Props did a great job going from beta to release. I seem to have issues with Prop's betas. The offical releases are like night and day for me.

Last Alternative

30 May 2017

Turned on delay compensation! Not really a VST guy really. Or yet, anyway.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

swamptooth

30 May 2017

Stodge wrote::shifty: Shamefully I ran NI Massive in Reason :shifty:
Same. And the MiniNova plugin.

• Information