Clearing a Pad Sound On Kong?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

03 Sep 2017

Hi!

Simple question.

Is it not possible to clear a pad sound on Kong so then the pad is now empty. I've dragged a kit in, only using 5 sounds and want to clear the rest of the pads so they're empty so I can Subgroup the 5 sounds I have to their own mix channels.

Seems like a very basic obvious feature missing if it isn't possible. Can't believe I've been using Reason nearly 5 years and only just discovered this dilemma.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

okaino

03 Sep 2017

Na i dont know of a way outside of manually removing the sample by removing layer.....it seems like there should be one for it....kong needs a huge workflow make over.

I tend to type better when im not on a phone.

Goriila Texas

03 Sep 2017

Best to reset the Kong then load kit.

swamptooth

03 Sep 2017

Click show drums and fx bottom left. under "drum module", click the down arrow and choose none.

Gorgon

03 Sep 2017

Creativemind wrote:
03 Sep 2017
Is it not possible to clear a pad sound on Kong so then the pad is now empty. I've dragged a kit in, only using 5 sounds and want to clear the rest of the pads so they're empty so I can Subgroup the 5 sounds I have to their own mix channels.
Thanks!
I don't see how one has to do with the other.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Creativemind

03 Sep 2017

Gorgon wrote:
03 Sep 2017
Creativemind wrote:
03 Sep 2017
Thanks!
I don't see how one has to do with the other.
Keep reading what I said above and you may eventually get the jist.

Gorgon

04 Sep 2017

Creativemind wrote:
03 Sep 2017

Oh really?
and want to clear the rest of the pads so they're empty so I can Subgroup the 5 sounds I have to their own mix channels.
Why do you need to clear the other pads in order to have your 5 sounds on their own mixchannels?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Creativemind

04 Sep 2017

Gorgon wrote:
04 Sep 2017
Creativemind wrote:
03 Sep 2017

Oh really?
and want to clear the rest of the pads so they're empty so I can Subgroup the 5 sounds I have to their own mix channels.
Why do you need to clear the other pads in order to have your 5 sounds on their own mixchannels?
'Cause A) I don't want them there anymore (neatness) and B) It's getting confusing tryna Subgroup them manually (another thing I wish was a feature in Reason, auto Subgrouping of Kong and / or Redrum) tryna see what goes where. I'd also go one further and would like to see the ability to move them onto other pads so when I've loaded a kit into Kong, if I use 6 of the 16 drum sounds, I could clear the pads I don't want and move the sound onto pads 1-6.

dioxide

04 Sep 2017

Yes it is shame there isn't a simple clear pad command. I right click and copy a blank drum from Kong so I can paste it onto the pads I want to clear.

Creativemind

04 Sep 2017

dioxide wrote:
04 Sep 2017
Yes it is shame there isn't a simple clear pad command. I right click and copy a blank drum from Kong so I can paste it onto the pads I want to clear.
This actually crossed my mind. What d'ya mean, blank drum then?

dioxide

04 Sep 2017

Creativemind wrote:
04 Sep 2017
dioxide wrote:
04 Sep 2017
Create a new Kong device or reset the device, clearing any drums in the patch. Then you can right click on the drum to copy it.

Creativemind

04 Sep 2017

dioxide wrote:
04 Sep 2017
Creativemind wrote:
04 Sep 2017

Create a new Kong device or reset the device, clearing any drums in the patch. Then you can right click on the drum to copy it.
Oh yeah that works. Sweet. You have to delete the old name on the pad though after.

Thanks dioxide.

Goriila Texas

04 Sep 2017

One thing I hate about Reason is every time you drag samples on pads it deletes the routing and pan.

Gorgon

05 Sep 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
04 Sep 2017
One thing I hate about Reason is every time you drag samples on pads it deletes the routing and pan.
Yeah that sucks. It's a glaring design fault.

okaino

05 Sep 2017

dioxide wrote:Yes it is shame there isn't a simple clear pad command. I right click and copy a blank drum from Kong so I can paste it onto the pads I want to clear.
I cosign this!

To push you a step further i set a template up with a kong wired up already ESPECIALLY when im going to mix that i goto. I copy and paste in pads because opening a patch will unroute all the wires.
Simple copying and pasting is the easiest way ive found to do it.

One of the reasons ive chosen to do this for my workflow is because i dont like having to always reroute each pad internally and redoing wiring.

With me sticking to this system the kong internal routing does not change on me because its identical to the other kong im copying over to.....so my pad settings end up not having to be changed either. its as simple as copy and paste...if you do the work prior. Good Luck!

ejanuska

05 Sep 2017

Sometimes I like to use a Redrum since routing can't get screwed up by changing patches or sounds. I know it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Kong, but it can get the job done without some of the hassles.
If the Kong routing wasn't buried in the lower sub section I wouldn't be so annoyed by it, it's all those extra clicks.

Exowildebeest

05 Sep 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
04 Sep 2017
If it's a sample then don't drag it onto the pad but onto the sampler below. That retains all settings.

okaino

05 Sep 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:
04 Sep 2017
If it's a sample then don't drag it onto the pad but onto the sampler below. That retains all settings.
Good advice! U either can copy pad with pad setting or like was just said drag sample in to nnxt nano on kong #simple

Goriila Texas

06 Sep 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
05 Sep 2017
Goriila Texas wrote:
04 Sep 2017
Nice thanks never thought of trying that :thumbs_up:

• Information