macOS 10.13 High Sierra compatibility

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tobypearce

26 Sep 2017

Has anyone upgraded to Mac OS High Sierra?

I know Reason 9.5.2 is compatible, but has anyone had any issues with VST plugins?

I shall wait a few days to see that all is well, but wanted to see whether anyone has already taken the plunge and whether things have gone ok for you.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

miscend

26 Sep 2017

Am not updating for now.

boomer

26 Sep 2017

I’ve been running Sierra for a few months now with no real problems. I just upgraded to 9.5.2 and there is a noticed improvement especially when it comes to normalizing audio tracks.
Last edited by boomer on 05 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

bandre

26 Sep 2017

Upgraded to High Sierra last night and rewire seems to be completely broken. Having a bad time.

Also Vienna instruments seems to have broken.

bandre

26 Sep 2017

Ok, so rewire seems to work if you reconfigure all the in/outputs. Not ideal but whatever.

FlowerSoldier

29 Sep 2017

Any Mac users running 10.13 yet?
I'm running 10.11 and am hesitant to update. Apple has a way of wrecking perfectly good shit like iTunes.

What I am most concerned with is how it interacts with Reason.
Any Great experiences?
Any Bad experiences?

High Sierra doesn't support Fusion Drives, which is what I have.

Any feedback is appreciated.

yamguitar

30 Sep 2017

I'm running it right now. Had a little trouble running the Reason in-app updater... had to download the latest update directly from Propellerhead website from my browser. It seems to be working, but I'm actually getting some graphical glitching of moving elements currently... I understand some people had random graphic weirdness in the Finder with High Sierra due to some kinks in Metal 2, the programming protocol that is meant to squeeze lots of power out of your graphics processor. I'm getting some visual glitching when scrolling menus in Reason, that sort of thing. It doesn't stay glitched, and it doesn't seem to be affecting the app in any other way. Still, I hope it's fixed soon!

joeyluck

30 Sep 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
29 Sep 2017
I'm running 10.11 and am hesitant to update. Apple has a way of wrecking perfectly good shit like iTunes.

Any Great experiences?
Any Bad experiences?

Merged this topic.

I'm running it with no issues. I don't have a Fusion drive though, so can't speak to that. Wasn't aware they weren't supported. Fusion drives are still being sold in base model iMacs...

tronam

01 Oct 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
29 Sep 2017

Any Great experiences?
Any Bad experiences?

It’s the new APFS file system that’s not yet supported on fusion drives, not the whole operating system. It just won’t convert the drive to APFS during the upgrade.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

CephaloPod

01 Oct 2017

I am normally an early-adopter. I even run beta versions sometimes. But I'm not updating to High Sierra for quite some time. Because of the new file system architecture introduced in this update, the possibility for something getting screwed up is practically limitless, not just with Reason, but all my other apps.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

• Information