Annoying Panning Issue Please Help

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rexbrewer

21 Feb 2018

Hey guys,

So I have this super annoying panning issue that I am facing right now. I've recorded about 6 tracks of guitars all in mono all in DI. I have all of them going to a Stereo Bus. When I go to pan them however, they disappear. If I pan them left. They are fine but up the middle for some reason. If I pan them Right all I can hear is the reverb sends and the original signal dies. This is as best as I can explain it right now, but it is super annoying. Perhaps its the mixing gods telling me to leave panned guitars alone but still, I've mixed hundreds of guitars and this is the first time it's happened to me. Happens when I am going out of the core audio or my interface which is a Scarlett USB.

Thanks for helping guys!

Chris

Loque

21 Feb 2018

I guess you have cabled your mono somewhere as a stereo. Check the cables and remove all right cables until your reach any insert fx which should produce a stereo sound. If you just used and fx, just remove the right cable from your audios mixer channel.
Reason12, Win10

rexbrewer

21 Feb 2018

That was my guess as well, I've removed all stereo plugins. Going to dig deeper. Thanks man!

selig
RE Developer

21 Feb 2018

With all troubleshooting, you begin at the beginning and remove everything you can (remove the variables). Then add things back one at a time until you hear the problem. So start with one guitar on it's own, then add the bus, then another guitar, then reverb (or whatever order makes sense to you). This will hopefully help you to isolate the problem, then we can look at solving it if it's not already obvious to you at that point!

Be methodical, and you should find the problem in no time.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

rexbrewer

21 Feb 2018

Thats a good call Selig. I still had the problem after bypassing but I found the culprit. I chose a mono/stereo plugin for a bus that I had the guitars on and didn't realize it wasn't just the stereo. Even with bypassing all the fxs i had the same issue so I had to actually delete stuff completely to get it working right .

• Information