Recording Audio Help Please?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrMeeseeks

28 Mar 2018

Hi, recently bought a hardware synth and now messing around trying to use more audio in Reason.
I have no problem with operation of vst and re but this audio is throwing me , here is what happens...
I set an 8 bar loop, start recording my synth, fine, then when it gets to the end of the 8 bars it stars recording again over the first couple of bars of the loop while I am hitting stop on my P1 etc, how can I get reason to record the eight bars then switch to just playing back what I have already recorded in that loop? or get rid of the extra bit re recorded at the start of the loop if you know what I mean?
Thanks in advance.

selig
RE Developer

28 Mar 2018

MrMeeseeks wrote:
28 Mar 2018
Hi, recently bought a hardware synth and now messing around trying to use more audio in Reason.
I have no problem with operation of vst and re but this audio is throwing me , here is what happens...
I set an 8 bar loop, start recording my synth, fine, then when it gets to the end of the 8 bars it stars recording again over the first couple of bars of the loop while I am hitting stop on my P1 etc, how can I get reason to record the eight bars then switch to just playing back what I have already recorded in that loop? or get rid of the extra bit re recorded at the start of the loop if you know what I mean?
Thanks in advance.
Oddly, there is no way to do this, just like there is no way to pre-roll and auto-punch.

My solution is to let it roll back around to the first bar, hit stop, then hit undo. This will only undo what it sees as the second loop, not the first 8 bars. Seems a little odd at first to have to undo after recording, but it works and ensures you've only recorded exactly for the length of the loop.
Selig Audio, LLC

MrMeeseeks

29 Mar 2018

That did the trick, nice one Selig thank you.

• Information