how to stop all sound?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dnc042

06 Sep 2018

I have a lot of effects and echos going on and sometimes when I hit stop, the sound keeps going. Is there an easy way to stop all sound after pressing stop?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2018

Excellent question. I had a similar thing with samples in ReDrum keeping going until i noticed the ”length” control. But yeah...I’d also like to know the answer to what you asked.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

4filegate

07 Sep 2018

Any device/patch that comes with RUN function; Create automation and then mute it / switch off ?

PhillipOrdonez

07 Sep 2018

Pressing stop again tends to fix that for me as it resets the play position.

selig
RE Developer

07 Sep 2018

Neither approach is perfect, but here are two.

The “classic” way to do this involves some setup, and only mutes the output (but doesn’t stop long feedback).

This involves using a tone (sine wave) looped on a track who’s only function is to side chain a gate (on the master channel) to keep it open as long as the transport is playing.

The “catch” here is that if you hit play shortly after hitting stop, you’ll still hear some of the decay if it’s longer than the time you’ve been stopped.

The way to actually force all decay/feedback to zero is to use automation on an empty bar at the top to the song, pasting in a clip set to “zero decay/feedback” for each device that rings out. For the rest of the song, the default setting is used, which is the setting you’ve set for the device.

The “catch” here is you have to return to zero to get the decay to stop.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2018

Ok. I had this problem yesterday. Audio track with chorus, phaser, echo, reverb and shimmer. Pressed record to start drum machine so I could jam along with guitar through effects. Pressed stop. No amount of muting devices or tracks in the sequencer stopped the guitar echos. Same with turning down the feedback on the devices. Admittedly the evolving soundscape was pretty awesome and I sat and listened to it for about twenty minutes but anyway. What to do?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

deepndark

09 Sep 2018

I wish that Props would allow us to right click on a clip, which brick-mutes the sound. Right now there's only a midi-mute.
Last edited by deepndark on 12 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

napynap

12 Sep 2018

Thanks S1GNL, much love to you!

FYI everyone, it's a free VST you can get when you sign up with Sound Radix. After you download and install it, launch Reason. It will show up in Effects->Sound Radix->Muteomatic

I can't provide tech support here, so if it works enjoy, otherwise please contact Sound Radix support.
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

• Information