In Audio editing mode, delete or change Db of a clip?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

05 Sep 2018

In splice mode is it possible to delete a "slice" or change it's volume?

selig
RE Developer

05 Sep 2018

calebbrennan wrote:In splice mode is it possible to delete a "slice" or change it's volume?
You can delete slice markers, or cut on slices to create a new clip based on slice markers and then change the dB level of that new clip. Is that what you’re asking about?

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

calebbrennan

12 Sep 2018

Selig said

"You can delete slice markers, or cut on slices to create a new clip based on slice markers and then change the dB level of that new clip. Is that what you’re asking about?".

I know how to change the volume of a wave form by isolating it in the audio track display.

I was wondering if I could adjust the volume of an individual slice while in 'slice edit" mode or delete a slice while in slice edit. It does not appear to be possible. I can always go out of slice edit mode and do this.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Caleb

NekujaK

12 Sep 2018

calebbrennan wrote:
12 Sep 2018
I was wondering if I could adjust the volume of an individual slice while in 'slice edit" mode or delete a slice while in slice edit. It does not appear to be possible. I can always go out of slice edit mode and do this.
Volume adjustment of individual slices can't be done in Slice mode, but you can do it in Pitch Edit mode. The volume sliders for each note/slice are at the top of the screen.

As far as I know, you can't delete an individual note/slice in either of these modes. You'd have to split the audio clip and delete it that way.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

calebbrennan

13 Sep 2018

Nekujak
Thank you for your clarification and response

• Information