Delay Compensation in one of my track adds delay to my mic in signal

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Heigen5

30 Dec 2018

I have a Reason project whereas the delay compensation is guilty to add delay into my incoming microphone signal.
I tried to find out what causes it and after disabling the delay compensation, the incoming audio signal got back to a good timing. And this is not always happening, but sometimes. Maybe I should send this reason. file to the Props? Dunno.

jam-s

30 Dec 2018

Think about how delay compensation works: As you cannot time travel to the future you have to delay everything else (incl. Live input) to compensate for any delay introduced by a plugin in the audio/send fx path.
So this sounds like the intended behaviour of the delay compensation.

Heigen5

30 Dec 2018

jam-s wrote:
30 Dec 2018
Think about how delay compensation works: As you cannot time travel to the future you have to delay everything else (incl. Live input) to compensate for any delay introduced by a plugin in the audio/send fx path.
I wish we could disable it for a track of choice.

Loque

30 Dec 2018

Heigen5 wrote:
30 Dec 2018
jam-s wrote:
30 Dec 2018
You can. On the backside of the mix channel while it shows the programmer. Maybe this helps.
Reason12, Win10

Heigen5

30 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
30 Dec 2018
Heigen5 wrote:
30 Dec 2018

You can. On the backside of the mix channel while it shows the programmer. Maybe this helps.
Or can I only minus it to zero instead then?

Ostermilk

30 Dec 2018

I think most people will have delay compensation turned off whilst tracking and if anything at all, using only zero delay devices for this very reason, no?

• Information