Reason Vs FL Studio sound comparison

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EdGrip

11 Jul 2019

NekujaK wrote:
10 Jul 2019

It's never about the gear.
Get off this gear forum!

hurricane
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2019

Kushest wrote:
09 Jul 2019
Hey what's up everyone. I'm new to this site but have been using Reason since it was released in the 90's.
Reason wasn't released in the 90s. :roll:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

QVprod

11 Jul 2019

Guys, to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, in the video he posted there are indeed differences between the two. However, those differences are definitely user error. For one, drum samples loaded into Redrum or Kong aren't played back at full volume by default, and 2 that synth patch can't possibly be exactly the same unless one is being processed somehow.

Sidenote: This is the first "Reason Sound" thread I've seen that wasn't bashing Reason at least.
Kushest wrote:
09 Jul 2019
Check out the video and tell me which one you think sounds better..
https://youtu.be/GV83snbjvCI

I

mcatalao
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2019

QVprod wrote:
11 Jul 2019
Sidenote: This is the first "Reason Sound" thread I've seen that wasn't bashing Reason at least.
HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAAAHAAAHAHAAA!!!

Heigen5

11 Jul 2019

There are many different factors to a good sound-quality.

A decent melody-line, or whatever kind of a decent midi arrangement or a vocal/instrument recording adds a lot to the music, even if your sound is just a plain shit 8-bit mp3. But if we talk about sound-quality in a tonal/characterous manner, then there are lots differences in the sound-quality per instruments and effects used.

But if a cheap pair of bluetooth-speakers rattle/overpower, because of too much of bass-end, you need to mix some basses off then. We live in a world whereas cheap Chinese bluetooth speakers don't translate the sound in the same way as our amplified studio-monitors do. That's why lots of the artists let their music to get mastered, whereras the mastering engineer makes a bluetooth-speaker-friendly version of your track. That's pretty much like it.

reggie1979

11 Jul 2019

QVprod wrote:
11 Jul 2019
This is the first "Reason Sound" thread I've seen that wasn't bashing Reason at least.

Kinda weird.

Oquasec

11 Jul 2019

In terms of built in devices I really love how some daws handled that.
Sure there's a ton of thirdparty plugins that would make you stop using all you stock plugins on earth if you're that kind of producer but if not the built in modules get the jobs done for the most part.
---
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

reggie1979

11 Jul 2019

Oquasec wrote:
11 Jul 2019
In terms of built in devices I really love how some daws handled that.
Sure there's a ton of thirdparty plugins that would make you stop using all you stock plugins on earth if you're that kind of producer but if not the built in modules get the jobs done for the most part.
---
True. What I said in the "do you use channel strips" thread is why I don't just use the stock SSL. To me, the knobs are too small and you can't mousewheel them. The graphic just doesn't get it for me, I like to mousewheel the eq in. I guess you can map the stock comp/eq to controllers, but I believe that would be messy.

boingy

11 Jul 2019

Folks, the first post is just clickbait. :(

reggie1979

11 Jul 2019

It's still fun.

Iapetus 9

11 Jul 2019

:::still waiting for the obligatory automobile metaphor:::
38L > 51D every time.

motuscott

13 Jul 2019

Ford: Fix Or Repair Daily
"Like a fossil unto you, I walk the walk into the Ring of Fire"
I just spilled a jiggar of booze on my desk but managed to soak most of it up with a paid for by me mail out from my state senator.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

tt_lab

13 Jul 2019

The OP drops "the bomb" and make no more appearence after...2 pages of replies... :mrgreen:

gullum

14 Jul 2019

reason sound way better then all other daws I have heard on youtube. and some idiot is trying to convince me that it is because of youtube videos being compressed in some way,.

sleep1979

14 Jul 2019

Kushest wrote:
09 Jul 2019
Hey what's up everyone. I'm new to this site but have been using Reason since it was released in the 90's. I always tell people that the music that comes out of Reason sounds much better than the sound that comes out of other daw's like FL Studio.
I'd like to know other people's opinions on wether or not you think Reason sounds better than FL studio.
I personally feel like Reason adds it's own saturation and warmth that gives the final mix a very pleasing sound versus the super digital sound of other daw's.

To make things easier I made a video with a quick beat I made in each program to compare the two side by side.
Check out the video and tell me which one you think sounds better..
https://youtu.be/GV83snbjvCI

I
Sorry to sound like im being horrible
But give me a break and do yourself a big favour !
Dont listen to anyone on the internet take what u need from it and take the rest with a pinch of sale
You get the most batch people who think there amazing but they have done nothing tellin you whats what ,
And if you choose to suck it all in
Your gonna keep hitting hurdles and doubting stuff
Come
On mate get real do you really think the software or the plug in makes the music sound better , even before there were vsts people were making brilliant music with reason ,
I went college and a teacher was arguing with me that reason wasnt pro and i needed to buy logic and a mac ,
I didnt listen and im glad logic aint that special and neither are macs better than pcs , he was just another sucker who believed the hype
Do yourself a favour and choose what u like go with it , take everything with a pinch of salt , reason is as capable as any program you could write a number one hit with it easy with no extra vsts installed but thats if you grow the talent , or have it already reason or fl studio wont help u 🙂

Oquasec

14 Jul 2019

Yeah in terms of Sound Design & stuff you don't really need anything else but of course rewire opens up more possibilities.
Reaper or fl studio take care of stuff like midi channels :)
But for other stuff you might wanna snag you a copy of either Komplete or Reason.
Last edited by Oquasec on 14 Jul 2019, edited 2 times in total.
Producer/Programmer.

sleep1979

14 Jul 2019

Sorry i think my answer may be a bit harsh but before id listen to people , but that teacher didnt know what he was going on about , his music sucked balls and in his mind if you didn’t use logic your musics gonna suck

Oquasec

14 Jul 2019

I have heard some good shit come out of logic : /
But I'm on FLS/Reaper/Reason.
Producer/Programmer.

reggie1979

15 Jul 2019

Well, at least Reason sounds better than Sonar.

owlymane

15 Jul 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
15 Jul 2019
Well, at least Reason sounds better than Sonar.
:D :lol:

On a serious note, your comment led me to catch up on latest Sonar updates..3:59 - 4:12 ...that's rad :o (and FREE?! :shock: )

reggie1979

15 Jul 2019

So just listening through it won't allow other video or audio when in focus. That is kinda lame.

Oquasec

16 Jul 2019

You should get the melda bundle too honestly.
Producer/Programmer.

• Information