Reason survey

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Popey
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2019

Hi has anyone else received a survey from reason studios today? I got one called "hope you are enjoying reason 10, tell us how we are doing" and then asks you about reason 11 and if you would recommend to a friend. Kinda sad they could not even get the title of the email right. Just making this post to see people's opinions as it kinda made me reflect on the recent developments and sadly felt I would struggle to recommend it due to the slow progress to sequencer updates and issues with vst implementation (I am not even that fussed about graphical updates). I am only hoping the feedback they receive leads to improvements based on user comments but seeing as this forum is visited by reason staff and there are plenty of user surveys based on what people want to see I am sadly not overly confident.

SoulState

25 Oct 2019

No, not received any RS email (yet).
If i do, it'll be A+ feedback all-the-way. I can't fault Reason at the mo.
More than enough tools for me to get my head around and master - probably to much choice if anything - obviously I'm speaking for myself. :?
:reason:

student9v

25 Oct 2019

Last edited by student9v on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

dezma

25 Oct 2019

Good strategy. Reason 12 to be announced in 2021 will bring us 7 more rompler devices, 8 new FX units and a major sequencer upgrade: the ability to zoom in the timeline since that's what we all filled in in the survey. Might even have a 10 year overdue autosave function.

What the point in a survey when they obviously don't give a sh*t about what the users want? I don't understand

diminished
    Competition Winner

25 Oct 2019

dezma wrote:
    25 Oct 2019
    Good strategy. Reason 12 to be announced in 2021 will bring us 7 more rompler devices, 8 new FX units and a major sequencer upgrade: the ability to zoom in the timeline since that's what we all filled in in the survey. Might even have a 10 year overdue autosave function.

What the point in a survey when they obviously don't give a sh*t about what the users want? I don't understand
    management wants numbers, not some pleb opinions on the forums I guess :(

haven't received an email either.
    :reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Periwinkle

25 Oct 2019

I got the email. It was in my spam folder.
    I sent this:
    Implement HiRes UI (Reason looks awful on my 27in Retina iMac)

Scrolling around in Reason is very jumpy compared to Logic Pro.

Fix poorly implemented automation curves.

Serious work needed on the sequencer to bring it into line with other modern DAW. (Literally, hundreds of minor changes needed).

=======================================

I'm not interested in more built in effects and/or instruments. VSTs already gives me an inexhaustabe selection of these.

I'm not interested in using Reason as a VST.

I've only recently moved from Logic Pro to Reason, but have to say there seems to be an air of uncertainty:

• Will Reason Studios end up no longer supporting Reason as a standalone DAW and simply market it as a plugin?

• Will RS ever do the work that is needed on the sequencer?

• Is RS simply working towards selling off Reason?

• If I end up using Reason as a plugin within a separate DAW, isn't there a good chance that eventually I'll just stop using Reason altogether? After all, VSTs come and go.

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

Aquila

25 Oct 2019

I unsubscribed from Props' generic offers and communications quite a while ago. That'll be the most obvious reason why I didn't receive the survey.

diminished
    Competition Winner

25 Oct 2019

I just received an ad for Scenic. Oh well.
    :reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

SoulState

25 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
    25 Oct 2019
    I just received an ad for Scenic. Oh well.
    Same here. Scenic now with sample import ...cute ;)
    :reason:

Noiserunner

25 Oct 2019

I received it, too.
    I gave 8 from 10 possible points, if I would recommend Reason to a friend.
    The "Reason" for my answer, what Reason Studios can make better to achieve a "10", was:
    Reason is not a full featured DAW. But it's very good in the things it does, but is a bit special, too.
    Therefore you cannot recommend Reason to everybody.
    I think, the best will be to focus on the core strength.
    (MacBook Pro 13", some soft- and hardware)

Loque

25 Oct 2019

Yea, received it. Just one question...
    Reason12, Win10

• Information