Changing input velocity from midi e-drum kit

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sequence

28 Apr 2020

Ok, so I know this has to be something completely easy but cannot find how to do it.
I have an e-drum kit sending midi into a reason drum's re, but the sounds are on weird velocity mostly too soft, so I want to add to the velocity using anything inside Reason.
I already tried the RPG-8, but it only set up one velocity, not add to the current velocity. I do want to keep the dynamic so I want to add to it, not set at a fixed velocity.

I suspect you can do this in a combinator, but gave up trying so I come here to ask if this is possible inside reason.
I know I can do this using a third party midi-pipe kind of app but I want to do it inside reason because I am sure it is possible, just me and my dumb brain that doesn't know-how.

Any help would be very appreciated.

cheers!

orthodox
RE Developer

28 Apr 2020

Here is the simplest way I know of:

Duplicate the Gate(velocity) CV with a CV Splitter then merge the copies with CV Merger. Use the CV adjustment knobs to control velocity gain ratio.

sequence

28 Apr 2020

this works, thanks a lot!! Just came back to Reason 11 after a long time... so much fun to plug cables again!! thanks!

• Information