R11.3.2 is out

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DaveyG

15 Jul 2020

Reason 11.3.2 Release Notes

Reason Rack Plugin for AAX is now available as "Effect" as well, under various effect submenus. With RRP Effect, the empty rack shows the most used effect devices, for quick access.
Added Remote files for Novation Launchkey mk3 series.
Browsing for Default Song Template in the Preferences will now open a regular OS file browser.
It's now possible to create a Player in a new rack by dragging and dropping it onto a rack divider.
Fixed a bug where aftertouch wasn't recognized from Arturia Keystep
Fixed a bug where PDC didn't adjust properly when exporting at a different sample rate.
Fixed a bug where the Sample Editor couldn't be used with some Rack Extensions.
Fixed a bug where Reason Rack Plugin could crash when using non-QWERTY keyboard layouts.
Fixed a bug where download of Optional Content could fail under MacOS Catalina.
Fixed a bug in RRP AU, where all MIDI CC from the MIDI Out Device defaulted to zero upon loading a document. This could cause silence since Volume, Expression and others were set to zero.
Fixed a bug with pattern devices in RRP, where automation of pattern selection would skip certain patterns.
Fixed a bug where the Save and Export dialogs didn't behave correctly.
Fixed a bug where recording could result in extremely short note lengths (due to double instances of keyboards in the preferences).
Fixed a bug where using Search in the MacOS file dialog would hang the dialog.
Improved compatibility with Vienna Symphonic Library, Waves and other plugins.
Fixed a bug where using Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, etc would fill up the Undo History in Logic.
Fixed a bug where updating Rack Extension licenses could stall Reason Rack Plugin.
Fixed shutdown problems with RRP.
Fixed so that Reason does not crash if a VST crashes during scanning

chimp_spanner

15 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
15 Jul 2020
Reason 11.3.2 Release Notes

Reason Rack Plugin for AAX is now available as "Effect" as well, under various effect submenus. With RRP Effect, the empty rack shows the most used effect devices, for quick access.
Added Remote files for Novation Launchkey mk3 series.
Browsing for Default Song Template in the Preferences will now open a regular OS file browser.
It's now possible to create a Player in a new rack by dragging and dropping it onto a rack divider.
Fixed a bug where aftertouch wasn't recognized from Arturia Keystep
Fixed a bug where PDC didn't adjust properly when exporting at a different sample rate.
Fixed a bug where Reason Rack Plugin could crash when using non-QWERTY keyboard layouts.
Fixed a bug where download of Optional Content could fail under MacOS Catalina.
Fixed a bug in RRP AU, where all MIDI CC from the MIDI Out Device defaulted to zero upon loading a document. This could cause silence since Volume, Expression and others were set to zero.
Fixed a bug with pattern devices in RRP, where automation of pattern selection would skip certain patterns.
Fixed a bug where the Save and Export dialogs didn't behave correctly.
Fixed a bug where recording could result in extremely short note lengths (due to double instances of keyboards in the preferences).
Fixed a bug where using Search in the MacOS file dialog would hang the dialog.
Improved compatibility with Vienna Symphonic Library, Waves and other plugins.
Fixed a bug where using Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, etc would fill up the Undo History in Logic.
Fixed a bug where updating Rack Extension licenses could stall Reason Rack Plugin.
Fixed shutdown problems with RRP.
Fixed so that Reason does not crash if a VST crashes during scanning
Weeeee I can automate pattern players in Cubase properly now :) Glad to see that one got squished.

VIVIsect

15 Jul 2020

Yeah, this has been a huge problem/headache for me in Live. Hope that it is properly, fully fixed now!

EDIT: aaand nope, it's not fully fixed now. Of course. Tested it with Drum Sequencer and Umpf Retro. Made two patterns and automation in Live switching between the two. On playback, it seemed to work perfectly, but when I exported the loop, the first half of the first pattern didn't play. Ugh.
Last edited by VIVIsect on 15 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

15 Jul 2020

Good news.

The thing with PDC makes me a bit nervous, just good i worked only 44,1khz in the last months.
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

15 Jul 2020

It's the second time they have "improved compatibility" with Waves plugins so I've got my fingers crossed for that one!

antic604

15 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
15 Jul 2020
It's the second time they have "improved compatibility" with Waves plugins so I've got my fingers crossed for that one!
Yeah, curious about that. Have them all blacklisted for now :D
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

buddard
RE Developer

15 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
15 Jul 2020
Yay! This affected Resonans.
We released a workaround more than a month ago, but it's good that the bug is fixed.

arqui

15 Jul 2020

Comforted and grateful to receive this upgrade, but ... don't fix the long and long time to loading samples, for example, in the A-list series Re.
Regards
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Billy+

15 Jul 2020

Did anyone watch Ryan's stream on Tuesday? Did you see the mysterious bug he experienced? It's about 1:10:00 into the stream.

The stop play buttons both pressed and playback was all fucked up! I had the same issue last week and had never experienced it before.

Anyone else had it happen?

stuk71

15 Jul 2020

Since today’s upgrade: I am getting an issue where the first couple of beats do not play when using the Drum sequencer in pattern mode. The issue seems to show up when the pattern returns to the start.

VIVIsect

15 Jul 2020

stuk71 wrote:
15 Jul 2020
Since today’s upgrade: I am getting an issue where the first couple of beats do not play when using the Drum sequencer in pattern mode. The issue seems to show up when the pattern returns to the start.
Yeah, I'm having the same issues with Drum Sequencer and other pattern devices in the Rack plugin doing the same thing. Starting in the middle of the first pattern, or playing the first beat of a pattern after it's supposed to stop. This is something that Reason Studios seriously need to get a handle on.

buddard
RE Developer

16 Jul 2020

VIVIsect wrote:
15 Jul 2020
stuk71 wrote:
15 Jul 2020
Yeah, I'm having the same issues with Drum Sequencer and other pattern devices in the Rack plugin doing the same thing. Starting in the middle of the first pattern, or playing the first beat of a pattern after it's supposed to stop. This is something that Reason Studios seriously need to get a handle on.
Do you have the option "Return to last position on stop" enabled in Preferences?
And if this is the case, does the problem go away when you disable that option?

stuk71

16 Jul 2020

buddard wrote:
16 Jul 2020
VIVIsect wrote:
15 Jul 2020

Do you have the option "Return to last position on stop" enabled in Preferences?
Much thanks, I tried unchecking “Return to last position on stop” and the issue disappeared...oddly, reenabling it the issue was still not present.

One to watch I feel, but frustrating when it occurs.

buddard
RE Developer

16 Jul 2020

stuk71 wrote:
16 Jul 2020
buddard wrote:
16 Jul 2020

Much thanks, I tried unchecking “Return to last position on stop” and the issue disappeared...oddly, reenabling it the issue was still not present.

One to watch I feel, but frustrating when it occurs.
Something changed in the behaviour of that feature in Reason 11.3, but I haven't figured out exactly what it is yet.
All I know is that Euclid's sync freezes up in 11.3 with "Return to last position" enabled. In 11.2 and earlier, it still seems to work as expected...
Unfortunately I can't debug it easily since Recon is currently based on 11.2, so I can't reproduce the problem there.

Loque

16 Jul 2020

Always good to read here. I think i wait a bit until i install this update...
Reason12, Win10

VIVIsect

16 Jul 2020

Unfortunately the problem is still present in the Rack plugin (I mean, unless what I'm experiencing is an Ableton Live issue, which really wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility).

It's weird, though. I tested Lectric Panda's Propulsion Drum Sequencer and it seemed to work mostly fine. Automated pattern changes and pattern start/stop works as it should, except very occasionally the first beat of a pattern would hit after an automated pattern cutoff. Seem to have for more problems with RS's Drum Sequencer. About half the time, when exporting a 4 bar drum loop, the first half of the first pattern just isn't there. Haven't experienced that at all with Propulsion.

Billy+

16 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Always good to read here. I think i wait a bit until i install this update...
You're not the only one who waits for the community bug report before updating, does RS still run a beta tester team or is that only for up coming full releases?

Ottostrom

16 Jul 2020

I'm still having all kinds of problems with drag and drop after the update :(
Dragging in a new effect from the browser can replace current ones by just hovering over them without releasing the mouse button, and sometimes they only get selected in the browser and then the dragging stops working completely..

deeplink
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2020

Also noticed that the Default patch for Redrum now loads as HipHop kit 3.

In that, Reason Studios now solidifies itself as the go-to hip hop production system.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

DaveyG

19 Jul 2020

deeplink wrote:
19 Jul 2020
the go-to hip hop production system.
I don't think Reason is really the "go to" system for anything. It's a niche product but maybe the Rack plugin will change that.
Hip Hop producers are mostly using FL Studio and/or Ableton Live.

Loque

19 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
19 Jul 2020
deeplink wrote:
19 Jul 2020
the go-to hip hop production system.
I don't think Reason is really the "go to" system for anything. It's a niche product but maybe the Rack plugin will change that.
For me Reason was my first choice.
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

19 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
19 Jul 2020
DaveyG wrote:
19 Jul 2020

I must have missed the bit where you were the big time hip hop producer :evil:

Loque

19 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
19 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
19 Jul 2020

Sorry, the connection "Reason = HipHop Only" is just in your brain...
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

19 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
19 Jul 2020
DaveyG wrote:
19 Jul 2020

Sorry, the connection "Reason = HipHop Only" is just in your brain...
Not my brain. Scroll up and read the words of others instead of just being a dick. :roll:

NDKay

19 Jul 2020

deeplink wrote:
19 Jul 2020
Also noticed that the Default patch for Redrum now loads as HipHop kit 3.

In that, Reason Studios now solidifies itself as the go-to hip hop production system.
Noticed it too..... :thumbs_down:

I´m no friend of that and i dont mean the hip hop point, now the "egg" is gone....

...i normally used the "egg1" (4th Place) from the old (disco kit RDK) preset on many occasions. They sound nice AND they where there like "instant" .

PS: On the other side.... its just one push of the "patch up button" and there are the eggs again. So its ok. ;-)
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

• Information