Any Reason+ subscribers NEVER downloaded a soundpack?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Faastwalker

05 May 2021

Guilty! Sound packs, refills, sample packs etc. have rarely been my thing. Only ever got hold of a handful of Refill's, usually drum samples or loops. What am I missing?

deeplink
Competition Winner

05 May 2021

There are just so many Sound Packs.

I guess if you only produce a certain genre - then you should at least see what is available within that genre.

Otherwise, preview them all and find a particular Creator that you like.

I can't say that I've used a sound pack in anything yet, but I've certainly learnt and had some lightbulb moments by figuring out how some of the sounds (ie. combinators) work. There's some interesting sound design techniques that get deployed, which is very useful to learn from.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Steedus
Competition Winner

05 May 2021

If you're talking about the ones included with R+, then yes I've never downloaded any of them. None of the previews suited my music style/taste.

PGR

05 May 2021

Not guilty. Sean Murrays sound packs are really good

DaveyG

05 May 2021

You'd be daft not to download at least one pack, just to see what the fuss is about. Moving forwards my worry is that new REs will have some of their presets withheld so those presets can be included in forthcoming packs to "add value" to the subscription. Or to "remove value" from the rest of us haha.

okaino

05 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
05 May 2021
You'd be daft not to download at least one pack, just to see what the fuss is about. Moving forwards my worry is that new REs will have some of their presets withheld so those presets can be included in forthcoming packs to "add value" to the subscription. Or to "remove value" from the rest of us haha.
Id counter your point about worrying about REs holding presets because of sound packs. All sound packs ive seen have only used whats provided in reason + so the RE presets have nothing to do with it.

Ive looked at some of the sound packs for me i just see the sound packs as an option for when im really down in the creative dumps.

What i do like about reason + is that no one can ever say they dont have enough sounds in reason and as someone stated if you reverse engineer the patches youll understand how to create better. To

DaveyG

05 May 2021

okaino wrote:
05 May 2021
DaveyG wrote:
05 May 2021
Id counter your point about worrying about REs holding presets because of sound packs. All sound packs ive seen have only used whats provided in reason + so the RE presets have nothing to do with it.
I should have said "new REs by Reason Studios". So, for example, maybe the new FM synth could have had more factory presets if they didn't need some of them for a soundpack. And the same could apply to any future RS releases. Why include 300 presets with an instrument when you could include 250 and put the others in a couple of soundpacks to be released just after the new instrument? I'm just speculating but the new RS ethos is very profit-centric and that is not necessarily a good thing for customers.

R303

05 May 2021

At least they are not interested in people who would pay less than the R+ or standard price. In this respect, they forego revenue :-)

Faastwalker

05 May 2021

Just installed my first pack .......... then realized I'd already downloaded another two at some point. I honestly don't remember doing it!! :-/ Anyway, now have Heavy Weight, Ambient Flow & Blue Stinger. Some nice sounds. And I just realized that you can search by the tags from the 'search' box. That's cool as they are not particularly well organized on the Sound Packs area in Companion. Question - can anyone make & submit sound packs? How is this done and how does it work? I like making sounds as much as using them from other people so interested in getting involved in this whole sound pack malarkey.

okaino

09 May 2021

Im waiting for when im in a slump to try to work with the packs.

• Information