Reason 12 is coming!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
guitfnky

02 Jun 2021

slic wrote:
02 Jun 2021
nicedevill wrote:
01 Jun 2021
Hopefully, the sequencer will get some love. It's long overdue.
What features are you actually hoping for, having recently come to R11 I was quite amazed by how feature rich the sequencer was!
obviously I can't speak for nicedevill specifically, but there are hundreds and hundreds of great (often very simple) quality of life suggestions the community have made, over the years. here's one of the more recent threads:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7513613
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

EnochLight

02 Jun 2021

slic wrote:
01 Jun 2021
Thanks! Can't believe I have been away this long! I notice we share some hardware in common, just got me XD last week (late to that party as well!) great little synth, already used the 'players' on it!
I am wondering if with the new combiner being fully customisable if we will be able to make controls and skins that mimic the hardware and control, it via midi?
Yeah the XD is just fantastic - so glad I picked one up! Also just added a Dreadbox Typhon, which is turning out to be my favorite synth even though it's a rather limited 2 osc mono-synth. Too early to tell anything about the new Combinator 2 that's incoming, but I'm sure anything will be an improvement over the first gen! :thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:
nicedevill wrote:
01 Jun 2021
Hopefully, the sequencer will get some love. It's long overdue.
Nope - no plans for any sequencer improvements in the standalone DAW at the launch of 12. Maybe we'll get some in the 12.x updates, though. And I totally agree improvements are long overdue (though it should be mentioned that plenty of new features arrived in 11 and 11.x)...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

guitfnky

02 Jun 2021

EnochLight wrote:
02 Jun 2021
Nope - no plans for any sequencer improvements in the standalone DAW at the launch of 12. Maybe we'll get some in the 12.x updates, though. And I totally agree improvements are long overdue (though it should be mentioned that plenty of new features arrived in 11 and 11.x)...
do we know that for sure though? I mean, I suspect you’re right, but RS aren’t exactly known for being forthcoming about the stuff they consider “small”. their marketing is always about their new shinies.

EnochLight

02 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
02 Jun 2021
do we know that for sure though?
Alas.....

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

slic

02 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
02 Jun 2021
slic wrote:
02 Jun 2021

What features are you actually hoping for, having recently come to R11 I was quite amazed by how feature rich the sequencer was!
obviously I can't speak for nicedevill specifically, but there are hundreds and hundreds of great (often very simple) quality of life suggestions the community have made, over the years. here's one of the more recent threads:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7513613
Thanks- I posted a few suggestions already in the feature request thread and I can definitely see the benefit of folders (it would be nice if you group mixer tracks it have you the option to auto folder the respective sequencer tracks)

''More Audio and Midi Tools' is a bit vague :-) Assuming you cant have them all, pick say 3 you need the most and lobby for them! I am also a FL Studio user, they have some nice features but its a different paradigm in editing and workfellow in many cases...so not everything 'fits', but the one simple feature I always miss when not in FL is select multiple notes in the editor and they play together so you can hear the 'chord' when editing) - such a simple and useful thing!

TheGodOfRainbows

02 Jun 2021

EnochLight wrote:
02 Jun 2021

Man, that's a touch disappointing. I just got the Reason 11 update while on sale from 10 to get 12 when it comes out, and I have to say that now that I'm using 11 I'm glad I waited because I've never felt so underwhelmed at a major Reason update. I've updated every release since Reason 5. Reason 11 was the first major update I skipped.

I was shocked to realize that still in 11, when you exit blocks mode, the sequencer throws you back earlier in the track. This has got to be one of the most disorienting obnoxious bug in all of Reason. I guess if you don't use blocks, it won't bother you, but it makes me want to scream. My mind will officially be blown if they haven't fixed this bug in 12, and I have a feeling it won't be.

guitfnky

02 Jun 2021

EnochLight wrote:
02 Jun 2021
guitfnky wrote:
02 Jun 2021
do we know that for sure though?
Alas.....

😆 true. I’m ever an optimist though, so I’ll hold out hope until they say otherwise.

slic

02 Jun 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
02 Jun 2021
EnochLight wrote:
02 Jun 2021

Man, that's a touch disappointing. I just got the Reason 11 update while on sale from 10 to get 12 when it comes out, and I have to say that now that I'm using 11 I'm glad I waited because I've never felt so underwhelmed at a major Reason update. I've updated every release since Reason 5. Reason 11 was the first major update I skipped.
I guess if you were already a Reason sequencer user it wasn't that big a deal, but for people like me using other sequences, the Reason Rack was the biggest new feature ever!
You also got automation curves and crossfades, mute individual notes and add multiple notes based on dynamic grid (I love that one). SSL rack, Quartet (this is very good!) and sweeper are all worth having and probably would have cost more than the upgrade as Re's...

VIVIsect

02 Jun 2021

So with the new browser improvements, we'll finally have the ability to drag and drop files from Reason's browser to VST, right? ...Right??

tiker01

02 Jun 2021

slic wrote:
02 Jun 2021
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
02 Jun 2021

I guess if you were already a Reason sequencer user it wasn't that big a deal, but for people like me using other sequences, the Reason Rack was the biggest new feature ever!
You also got automation curves and crossfades, mute individual notes and add multiple notes based on dynamic grid (I love that one). SSL rack, Quartet (this is very good!) and sweeper are all worth having and probably would have cost more than the upgrade as Re's...
You can even change way the grid works so moving notes won't quantize them.

Still I would love to see track freezing and folder tracks, paintbrush style razor tool for clips and notes. However, the graphics update is a huge project on its own as the UI rendering is moved from CPU to GPU. This change, on systems with dedicated GPUs, means a potential performance boost. So it is not just about nice and shine HD devices in the Rack. Therefore, I am happy to wait for 12.x releases delivering smaller improvements.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

EnochLight

02 Jun 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
02 Jun 2021
I was shocked to realize that still in 11, when you exit blocks mode, the sequencer throws you back earlier in the track. This has got to be one of the most disorienting obnoxious bug in all of Reason. I guess if you don't use blocks, it won't bother you, but it makes me want to scream. My mind will officially be blown if they haven't fixed this bug in 12, and I have a feeling it won't be.
Funny enough, I use Blocks as well - I was happy when they added the feature because it reminded me of working on my old Ensoniq workstations where you build sequencer blocks and then assemble them as a song. That said, what you describe above doesn't bother me one bit, so I guess it's a personal preference sort of thing.

guitfnky

02 Jun 2021

EnochLight wrote:
02 Jun 2021
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
02 Jun 2021
Funny enough, I use Blocks as well - I was happy when they added the feature because it reminded me of working on my old Ensoniq workstations where you build sequencer blocks and then assemble them as a song. That said, what you describe above doesn't bother me one bit, so I guess it's a personal preference sort of thing.
Blocks is one of my favorite features in Reason, and I don’t recall ever being frustrated by this particular behavior, but I agree there are a ton of really stupid disorienting things that happen in Reason though—especially related to undo functionality. ran into that this morning where undoing a tweak took me to the other side of the song in the Sequencer. it’s kind of infuriating that this stuff still exists.

TheGodOfRainbows

02 Jun 2021

EnochLight wrote:
02 Jun 2021
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
02 Jun 2021
So it does happen, but it doesn't bother you?! Wow Enoch, are you into transcendental mediation or something? Because this behavior has taken at least a year or two off of my lifespan.

Yonatan

02 Jun 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
02 Jun 2021
EnochLight wrote:
02 Jun 2021

So it does happen, but it doesn't bother you?! Wow Enoch, are you into transcendental mediation or something? Because this behavior has taken at least a year or two off of my lifespan.
Maybe a good idea is to meditate in a cave and in about 3 years go out in the sun to enjoy the fresh arrival of R15.

EnochLight

02 Jun 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
02 Jun 2021
Hahah - I've long reached a point in my life where little things like this just don't bother me, and big things even less so. Life's too short to sweat over any amount of stuff. :thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:

pquenin

02 Jun 2021

Hope they will implement this little thing : the ability to quickly add a snap point anywhere in a clip so that the clip snap to the grid at this particular point and not only the beginning of the clip. This way you can align the clip to the grid at a particular transcient or at the end of the clip. This only little improvment will make me happy for years.

TheGodOfRainbows

02 Jun 2021

EnochLight wrote:
02 Jun 2021
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
02 Jun 2021
Hahah - I've long reached a point in my life where little things like this just don't bother me, and big things even less so. Life's too short to sweat over any amount of stuff. :thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:
:D

rorystorm

02 Jun 2021

Honestly all id like is the ability to type exact values into a parameter without making an automation lane for it.

Faastwalker

02 Jun 2021

This video popped up on Instagram in the last 24 hours;

........ September feels like a long way off! Maybe I'll sign up for the beta this time around. Or just wait to see what's rolled out first to subscribers.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

03 Jun 2021

I saw that video. Hoping we'll see to see some sneak peaks of what the new version looks like soon!

Billy+

03 Jun 2021

Why is RS not using their own web space to promote their own products?

I've been checking most days for more info about 12 beta and it's getting released on some 3rd party platform???

And did I see animated device fans?

I hope there's an option to turn them off I'm fairly certain that they would cool your system better being off........

aeox
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
02 Jun 2021
EnochLight wrote:
02 Jun 2021

It happens to me with midi clips as well! :|

deeplink
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2021

No one has questioned why Ryan is wearing headphones in that video
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

PhillipOrdonez

03 Jun 2021

And the glasses are back. What is going on????? 😱
😂

RoryM0

03 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Jun 2021
Why is RS not using their own web space to promote their own products?

I've been checking most days for more info about 12 beta and it's getting released on some 3rd party platform???
Do you genuinely find it odd that they are using social media ('third party platforms') to promote their products?

• Information