Simon Peyron Reason videos

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kuhliloach

12 Jun 2021

Since the video mentions Reason "plus" I won't be watching it.

PhillipOrdonez

12 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021

I cannot say the same. No. I don't want people thinking you are a twat.
Then why make the comment, why not look past my discerption of amp's and engage with the essence of the initial questions of how you think RS could produce marketing content that doesn't get so much negative comments?
That's not my battle. Nobody is paying me to solve RS marketing issues. But you're not helping either when you make these posts. Anyone interested in Reason and checks this forum out and see your post they'll run away thinking we're all idiots, calling stupid shit like social media some silly ass names. you are hurting your own interests and you don't even notice it. Come on, man.

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021

Then why make the comment, why not look past my discerption of amp's and engage with the essence of the initial questions of how you think RS could produce marketing content that doesn't get so much negative comments?
That's not my battle. Nobody is paying me to solve RS marketing issues. But you're not helping either when you make these posts. Anyone interested in Reason and checks this forum out and see your post they'll run away thinking we're all idiots, calling stupid shit like social media some silly ass names. you are hurting your own interests and you don't even notice it. Come on, man.
Given that the whole reason I asked the questions was to see what would help provide a way to promote Reason in a more positive way I would say your wrong, and anyone looking to hang out on a forum isn't stupid to the negativity of those platforms and is possible looking for a more suitable hangout which would make your comments much worse than mine.

Maybe you should consider that more than my disinterest in social media platforms.

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Is that really the only reason?

PhillipOrdonez

12 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021

Given that the whole reason I asked the questions was to see what would help provide a way to promote Reason in a more positive way I would say your wrong, and anyone looking to hang out on a forum isn't stupid to the negativity of those platforms and is possible looking for a more suitable hangout which would make your comments much worse than mine.

Maybe you should consider that more than my disinterest in social media platforms.
😂😂😂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021

😂😂😂
Phill!!!!!!!!!!
🏁
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

12 Jun 2021

There is so much to take into consideration.

integerpoet

12 Jun 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Come on, man.
Joe? Is that you? POTUS in the house, everybody!

PhillipOrdonez

12 Jun 2021

integerpoet wrote:
12 Jun 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Come on, man.
Joe? Is that you? POTUS in the house, everybody!
That's a bunch of malarkey.

bxbrkrz

12 Jun 2021

[update
meme status: dead
reason: thread title change
Last edited by bxbrkrz on 13 Jun 2021, edited 1 time in total.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

challism

12 Jun 2021

joeyluck wrote:
12 Jun 2021
I guess they're reaching you and you spend time there? 😄
And you can call it pootube if you want, we all know Reason user poohbear posts the longest Reason videos 🙂
Point 1 - BURN! ha ha ha
Point 2 - Dying laughing! ha ha ha That's great. Pooh(bear)tube. Carly will get a kick out of that.

So, Billy, I guess I'm not really seeing your point. Seems like you are looking pretty hard for things to be critical of/complain about. I don't see the harm with more Reason-related material on any social media platform. They are a business and they are trying to survive in an ever-competitive market. So they are doing what they think is best to reach new users. Are they the best marketers in the world? No. Could they improve? Yes. But it seems to me that you spend a lot of your time and energy churning over what they are doing. Seems like wasted time and energy to me. Enjoy your life man! Enjoy the software you have. Go make some music.

And.... if you think you can make better videos or social media content... DO IT! I implore you! Maybe, just maybe they will hire YOU to do a better job than they have done.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

kuhliloach

12 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021
kuhliloach wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Is that really the only reason?
good point! dont know who Simon Peyron is either. ok you got me. 2 reasons.

avasopht
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2021

I think it's usually best to let the music do the talking.

We can complain all we want, but major hit songs have been built in Reason, using FSB patches for the signature sound.

And if you're doing this all to get the attention of others, you have to ask yourself whether you are spending more time seeking the attention of forum members or music listeners.

That's what I think this all comes down to in the end.

Billy+

13 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
12 Jun 2021
joeyluck wrote:
12 Jun 2021
I guess they're reaching you and you spend time there? 😄
And you can call it pootube if you want, we all know Reason user poohbear posts the longest Reason videos 🙂
Point 1 - BURN! ha ha ha
Point 2 - Dying laughing! ha ha ha That's great. Pooh(bear)tube. Carly will get a kick out of that.

So, Billy, I guess I'm not really seeing your point. Seems like you are looking pretty hard for things to be critical of/complain about. I don't see the harm with more Reason-related material on any social media platform. They are a business and they are trying to survive in an ever-competitive market. So they are doing what they think is best to reach new users. Are they the best marketers in the world? No. Could they improve? Yes. But it seems to me that you spend a lot of your time and energy churning over what they are doing. Seems like wasted time and energy to me. Enjoy your life man! Enjoy the software you have. Go make some music.

And.... if you think you can make better videos or social media content... DO IT! I implore you! Maybe, just maybe they will hire YOU to do a better job than they have done.
The point of the discussion is to see how RS can get passed all the negative comments.

Complaints range from not enough screen to don't want to watch as is someone I've never heard of before.

Me personally am fine with the content it's just some marketing for RRP via Plus, the first video was a intro to simon and the second a simple production chat.

But the majority of responses are negative and completely unrelated to the content, which has pretty much been like it since Plus was announced.

We all got the option for licensing so I say get over it and be constructive at least more users equals more money so hopefully more development and features.

So again I ask what would you like to see that would generate more positive comments?

challism

13 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jun 2021
So again I ask what would you like to see that would generate more positive comments?
I don't think Joey or I are concerned with the number of negative or positive youtube comments. I don't care if my DAW of choice is popular. I mean, I want them to have customers and make profit, but I'm not concerned if they win a favorite DAW poll. I am in complete agreement with you about social media, BIlly; it's all turned into a narcissistic wasteland of negativity. Seems to me most youtube comments are quite negative. I don't need to add that to the load I'm already carrying in my life, so I try not to pay it any mind. I avoid social *not*working as much as possible, but I do enjoy watching youtube videos; couldn't care less about the comments section, though.

TL:DR - answer to your question: I don't really care about the negative comments.

What would you like to see that would generate more positive comments, Billy?

Billy+

13 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
13 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
13 Jun 2021
I don't think Joey or I are concerned with the number of negative or positive youtube comments. I don't care if my DAW of choice is popular. I mean, I want them to have customers and make profit, but I'm not concerned if they win a favorite DAW poll. I am in complete agreement with you about social media, BIlly; it's all turned into a narcissistic wasteland of negativity. Seems to me most youtube comments are quite negative. I don't need to add that to the load I'm already carrying in my life, so I try not to pay it any mind. I avoid social *not*working as much as possible, but I do enjoy watching youtube videos; couldn't care less about the comments section, though.

TL:DR - answer to your question: I don't really care about the negative comments.

What would you like to see that would generate more positive comments, Billy?
Unfortunately I don't think that it's going to change anytime soon as the bulk of social media platforms seem to generate negative comments regardless of the content, but from my perspective I would rather they replicated the content under the blog section of the main site that way I would be completely isolated from.

I see the content for what it is and I'm happy to watch it.

I didn't know who simon was so I looked him up.

I don't think I would ever sub to Plus but that's not going to stop me watching content just because that's the current message being pushed.

Yes I prefer to see the action on screen in standalone Reason, but I'm not put off by people using RRP in another DAW.

challism

13 Jun 2021

I would love to see a return of the weekly videos that Ryan was putting out. The ones that were spawned from the lockdowns... the Reason to stay inside series. Sadly, those seemed to end right around the time R+ was launched.

That series was great for the Reason community. Gave us a real sense of comradery and unity, I think. It was great for morale. And that can be a very powerful thing for a brand. No idea why they stopped it. :(

Billy+

13 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
13 Jun 2021
I would love to see a return of the weekly videos that Ryan was putting out. The ones that were spawned from the lockdowns... the Reason to stay inside series. Sadly, those seemed to end right around the time R+ was launched.

That series was great for the Reason community. Gave us a real sense of comradery and unity, I think. It was great for morale. And that can be a very powerful thing for a brand. No idea why they stopped it. :(
I think they got canned as the chat was completely on fire with nothing but hate.

But yes I tuned in for all of them and along with Adam over on twitch it was a year of fun with Reason that really distracted me from being locked up.

Having a drink while Adam was streaming and the chat with like minded people was almost the best replacement for not being able to go play snooker and having a beer with friends and family.

challism

13 Jun 2021

Yeah, it was a great thing that many of us looked forward to during a very difficult time of our lives. It was great for the brand. Seems a shame that they let negative comments put an end to it. So they let the trolls win. I think they should bring it back, many people aren't yet thru the woods and continue to struggle.

Billy+

13 Jun 2021

Yeah not sure were you are but we still under restrictions and the club I would normally go to is still shut, else I would probably be there rather than here ;)

challism

13 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jun 2021
Yeah not sure were you are but we still under restrictions and the club I would normally go to is still shut, else I would probably be there rather than here ;)
I live in Vietnam. We are a month into the fourth lockdown right now. F.ing sucks. We were one of the first countries to go into lockdown beginning of 2020, being right next to China and have tons of Chinese tourists here. We spent 7 months under lockdown last year. No idea how long this one is going to last. So yeah, I'd be on all the livestreams right now, too.

Billy+

13 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
13 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
13 Jun 2021
I live in Vietnam. We are a month into the third lockdown right now. F.ing sucks. We were one of the first countries to go into lockdown beginning of 2020, being right next to China and have tons of Chinese tourists here. We spent 7 months under lockdown last year. No idea how long this one is going to last. So yeah, I'd be on all the livestreams right now, too.
So I guess we would both say bring back the live streams and love the haters, they hate it.....

Show us RRP and the content packs using multiple DAW's cas that's how Reason rolls now.

guitfnky

13 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jun 2021
Show us RRP and the content packs using multiple DAW's cas that's how Reason rolls now.
that’s a good point—it would probably help sentiment if they’d shit or get off the pot, and just lean into something one way or another. instead, they play coy, with cute word games that don’t actually mean much, but are designed to keep most of us on the hook. I’d be disappointed if they said the focus was going to be mainly on RRP going forward, but at least I’d respect them for owning their choice.

trying to pander to both sides of the user base when recent actions aren’t in line with that might be why there are so many negative responses on social media. 👍🏼
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

altron

13 Jun 2021

I don't really care who this guy is but he should probably best be behind the camera, not in front of it. I don't like the unprofessional way RS is recently trying to promote Reason and their channel (that god-awful music rating video for instance) but I guess it's what happens always when a CEO takes over who himself has no deep, personal interest in the product but instead follows whatever cringy trend is currently going on.
Trap is where music goes to die.

motuscott

13 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
13 Jun 2021

James Bernard would like to know your location
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 134198A5E9
Though it almost killed him, it was a great year for fanbois
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information