Can't connect to Authorization Server

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
FiatLux

12 Aug 2021

I've been getting a message that I can't connect to the Authorization Server.
I haven't been able to login to Reason all day.
Is anyone else having problems logging in to Reason.

w1pl0c

12 Aug 2021

cant login either (reason+/12 early access)
can login (11 suite)

FiatLux

12 Aug 2021

I also have a perpetual 11 suite license.
Just removed the app from my computer a few day ago.
Maybe I should put it back...

StephenHutchinson

12 Aug 2021

Yep, same here.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

FiatLux

12 Aug 2021

Actually, just put 11 Suite back on my laptop and it doesn't work.
It only works on my desktop, where there is the CodeMeter license.

StephenHutchinson

12 Aug 2021

FiatLux wrote:
12 Aug 2021
I also have a perpetual 11 suite license.
Just removed the app from my computer a few day ago.
Maybe I should put it back...
I have a perpetual Reason 11 licence as well, and it's giving the same problem. I can't log in on either 11 or 12.

w1pl0c

12 Aug 2021

attached
Attachments
reason issue.jpg
reason issue.jpg (106.1 KiB) Viewed 2073 times

FiatLux

12 Aug 2021

What really pisses me off is that after paying for a annual Reason+ subscription,
I am still going to have to fork over the money for a Reason 12 perpetual license just in order to avoid this BS.

huggermugger

12 Aug 2021

I love the "hang tight and try again later" comment. Try telling that to your client.

Billy+

12 Aug 2021

FiatLux wrote:
12 Aug 2021
What really pisses me off is that after paying for a annual Reason+ subscription,
I am still going to have to fork over the money for a Reason 12 perpetual license just in order to avoid this BS.

Not to belittle your situation but James from RS has been looking for a better solution to this problem with the possibility that companion would at some point be able to work in a similar fashion to how machines are authorised for offline use currently so with any luck this soft of situation should be avoided in the future possibly some time this year I believe.

It's always worth filling a support ticket and generally the server issues are fixed within a day or two.

22ndCenturyStudio

12 Aug 2021

Yep...the server is definitely down(as I cannot even authorize my PC.)

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

12 Aug 2021

Hey guys. Yeah I got the same error message and I alerted the folks in Stockholm to the issue and they're working on it with the server host. The issue, and forgive me for not being an engineer when I try to describe this, seems to be with one of the data hubs that traffics from the US over to Sweden's server. It's not even everyone in the US – just certain geographic locations. But it's not an issue with our servers – it's an issue with the path to them, which obviously makes it hard for us to directly fix. It's like flights getting cancelled at JFK because of a snowstorm in Denver. Or okay maybe that's a bad analogy... the point is that the engineers in Stockholm understand it far better than I do, they're on the case, and they're working on trying to circumvent that one node that's gumming up the path.

Sincerely,
Ryan 'Interwebs Expert' Harlin

gullum

12 Aug 2021

this is absolutely a reason I don't want to subscribe I am currently subscribing to the early access but Reason 11 I can open my song but reason 12 just gives my an error because of a problem in an other country 1000's km away

FiatLux

12 Aug 2021

I am still going to buy a perpetual license, even though I have an annual Reason+ subscription.
If you have deadlines, you need something that is going to be dependable.

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

12 Aug 2021

Things are back up for me and the web team in Stockholm said that "things are still stabilizing on the network, so you (and others) may have some intermittent issues, but given time it should be back to normal." Hopefully it just works now for everyone and there's no intermittent element to it.

huggermugger

12 Aug 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
12 Aug 2021
Things are back up for me and the web team in Stockholm said that "things are still stabilizing on the network, so you (and others) may have some intermittent issues, but given time it should be back to normal." Hopefully it just works now for everyone and there's no intermittent element to it.
It's intermittent alright. Every week or so.

Mint

12 Aug 2021

All is well now!

huggermugger

12 Aug 2021

Mint wrote:
12 Aug 2021
All is well now!
Yeah. Just wait a few minutes.

StephenHutchinson

12 Aug 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
12 Aug 2021
Hey Ryan, seems to be fixed here (Toronto, Canada). Thanks for letting us all know what has been going. Much appreciated.

WaxTrax

23 Aug 2021

Looks like it's acting up again. 8pm EDT 2021/08/23.

Update: Seems to be resolved an hour later. These kinds of hiccups sure are annoying though. It would be nice if they could implement something like a timeout. Say, if you successfully login, you get a 24-hour token placed on your computer or something similar to that.

• Information