Reason 12 TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Excitement level readings??????

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Reason 12’s out in 5 days

I’m excited
54%
I’m not excited
29%
I don’t care
17%

Total votes: 228
RoryM0

27 Aug 2021

The wait / the hype
26bkez.jpg
26bkez.jpg (82.67 KiB) Viewed 2122 times

Rackman

27 Aug 2021

Problem is that everything RS do nowadays is a massive compromise. They always under-deliver. On the surface, this release looked like a really good one, but everything in it seems to deliver the bare minimum required to add it to the marketing as a feature. Nobody is surprised and delighted by anything they do any more. Everything they add is just underwhelming. It would be different if they iterated and improved things over point updates, but most of the time they do the least possible to tock a box and move on to the next marketing bullet point.

Loque

27 Aug 2021

I was waiting very long for a Combinator 2, so yes, i want to see what they have done and maybe will do in future with it... So, i am kind of excited.
Reason12, Win10

Creativemind

27 Aug 2021

guitfnky wrote:
26 Aug 2021
still hopeful they’ll throw in some actual improvements, but I’m not holding my breath, so…*
And if they do, how many d'you think they'll add, 5 if we're lucky. I would like to know what warrants a feature being added? we get bigger feature's when there's still at least 20 little life improving feature's missing:- joining notes, note displays, midi controller key highlighting (across the actual flippin' note row) and slice by song position pointer etc etc. We still can't select all clips on a track on the 12th version of a software that's the 6th oldest daw. I wish they'd just finish that midi editor off and add 15 in one go. I can count 25 midi editing features missing but people on here will probably just say, "do they stop you making music?".
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

nooomy

27 Aug 2021

I’m excited!

I love building stuff in the combinator and with the combinator 2.0 I will be able to take it to the next level. I already have a couple of ideas of things I want to build :)

BumCuddle

27 Aug 2021

There is something quite weird going on over at youtube?
Reason Studio released a 46 second video 1 day ago about Reason+

It has 4491 views 102 likes 193 dislikes

This video posted only 1 hour ago..

Has 47,606 views and the likes and comments disabled....

Something fishy going on here :?

xylyx

27 Aug 2021

I'm interested to see more about Combi 2 but I will not be upgrading until VST3 and full midi VST support is added. Scaler is too much a part of my setup now and hacking around with virtual midi cables isn't an acceptable 'solution' to me.

Adabler
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2021

I think the OP should change the thread title every day to add to the hype. It would be an exciting countdown embedded in a thread title!
:reason: 12, Win10

Shadoww

27 Aug 2021

BumCuddle wrote:
27 Aug 2021
There is something quite weird going on over at youtube?
Reason Studio released a 46 second video 1 day ago about Reason+

It has 4491 views 102 likes 193 dislikes

This video posted only 1 hour ago..

Has 47,606 views and the likes and comments disabled....

Something fishy going on here :?
Buying views is a bad marketing strategy :crazy: As is disabling comments :? The teaser is ok, reminds me of the horror film Ring. Or Saw. Kind of excited now !

dvdrtldg

27 Aug 2021

Rackman wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Nobody is surprised and delighted by anything they do any more.
Really? Nobody? Huge call

Ottostrom

27 Aug 2021

Shadoww wrote:
27 Aug 2021

Buying views is a bad marketing strategy :crazy: As is disabling comments :? The teaser is ok, reminds me of the horror film Ring. Or Saw. Kind of excited now !
I don't think they're buying views. I think the new 15 sec vid is an ad that gets shown to people before regular youtube videos but every time it gets shown it counts as a view. Like, if you click on the ad you get sent to it as it's own separate video. I've seen that before on youtube at least.

RequiemMachine

27 Aug 2021

I'm excited. I'm also hoping we get a vid or surprise stream today too.
Reason+ / Ableton Live / VCV Rack 2 pro
Producer/Artist of Sasquatch Cloaking Technology
Musican ~ Illustrator ~ Professional Napper

Billy+

27 Aug 2021

Adabler wrote:
27 Aug 2021
I think the OP should change the thread title every day to add to the hype. It would be an exciting countdown embedded in a thread title!
I agree

Calling all mods "update the thread title countdown" :lol:

DaveyG

27 Aug 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Have the R+ peeps got access to the full release version?
I might be wrong but I don't think R+ users have Combi 2 yet so they definitely haven't got the full release version. And RS are running out of time to give subscribers early access to Combi if it launches next week.

Would be nice if there were a few small surprises in the full release though.

helmutson

27 Aug 2021

Chips, cold beer and a fast internet - check ... let the games begin ! :clap:

Kalm

27 Aug 2021

I've gotten to the point where Reason has less become a loyal tool and more of a needed tool. After trying the workflow atmosphere of other DAWs nothing really works out. So atm yes im excited about Reason 12 and will upgrade simply cause I'm still using it, it aint breaking the bank, and the features "are" useful. What pissing me off right now is Camtasia so Reason gets a pass for now :puf_smile:
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

guitfnky

27 Aug 2021

yeesh, always have to cringe when the marketing makes the DAW an afterthought. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

BumCuddle

27 Aug 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
27 Aug 2021

I don't think they're buying views. I think the new 15 sec vid is an ad that gets shown to people before regular youtube videos but every time it gets shown it counts as a view. Like, if you click on the ad you get sent to it as it's own separate video. I've seen that before on youtube at least.
Ok that makes sense if that is what it is :thumbs_up:
What doesn't make sense is that ad :shock:

npinero1

27 Aug 2021

I am hopeful that they will put out a video for the Reason DAW as well. Honestly, if they don't I will be a little more concerned about the life of the DAW. I hope my concerns are unwarranted and wrong because I would love to see the DAW progress but that is how I am reading the marketing tea leaves right now. IMHO
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

QVprod

27 Aug 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Here's a question: do we know for sure that Mimic, Combi 2.0 and hi res are the only new things being offered in Reason 12? Have the R+ peeps got access to the full release version? Because if not, who can say for sure that Reason Studios aren't sitting on something cool that nobody knows about yet? I'm not saying it's likely, just that I don't know if it's out of the question
Beta testers. Granted RS always shows in smaller improvements besides the major announced ones (and those outside of beta wouldn't know about them), but it's unlikely the ones people are desiring the most.

ravasb

27 Aug 2021

It is hard for me to balance my excitement for the product, which I like, and the Reason business model, which I loathe. I am also not impressed with their complete indifference to logistical concerns such as an RE market place or the ability to put content on another hard drive with work arounds. I like Reason and will keep using it, but given its cost and very slow improvement rate, I cannot say I am excited.

scotward57

27 Aug 2021

Mimic is inferior to Logic Quick Sampler IMO, love Combinator v2 and hi-res but hate the way they implemented it. What I hate the most even more now is R+. I hate way it divided the Reason Community and the cheesy stupid marketing tactics behind it. That 46 second video perfectly captures everything wrong with the R+ campaign. The over-hyping of sound packs based on made up genres and fluff pop culture advertising. Why are DAW companies doing this splice/loopmasters type of gimmick? It's right there with the worst of the portable arranger Band In A Box crowd. And the aping of Ableton Live hipster European schtick. Please!

tc13

27 Aug 2021

scotward57 wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Why are DAW companies doing this splice/loopmasters type of gimmick? It's right there with the worst of the portable arranger Band In A Box crowd. And the aping of Ableton Live hipster European schtick. Please!
Because a lot of people want it? And why that stupid elitist view of "Band In A Box" crowd? Dont they deserve to enjoy and create and make stuff?

If DAW was marketed only to the "pros", studios and proper "musicians" the market would not be big enough for all the software, effects and instruments that are out there....

Some 20 years ago when Acid first showed up it was by many reviews believed to be the best things since sliced bread. Like take any loop put them together, instant music and some fun! Not everything is intended to be for the music scene, sometimes it's just some fun, tinkering for your own, something you can enjoy and get some fun from.

Reason has enough options for both, I dont think for instance Cubase has that same appeal (Cant say for sure since the last version I used was like VST 5.1 that was included with E-Mu soundcards)

arqui

27 Aug 2021

I am not at all excited, I feel for the first time in almost 18 years that I have been using Reason (since version 2.5), very far from the new Reason ecosystem ... A year ago I incorporated Studio One into my work, which gives me the tools I needed and they weren't in Reason. This new update gives me more of the same (according to what is announced), nothing important just toys and visualizations that matter little to me ... I am shaky to think if they are going to change the license verification for something online (authorizer works very well for me) I don't want online verifications. I will wait to make my decision.
VST3 and full midi implementation, are things that if I need in Reason, but I will continue as I am in the best of both worlds between Reason and Studio One.
sorry for my english
Regards
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

• Information