Reason 10 Browser bug even worse in Reason 12

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2021

Me (2 years ago R.10): "When I minimize the developers REs in the Instruments, Effects and Utilities browser they stay closed until I open them again even when I switch between them. When I minimize in the Players menu however and then move to say instruments then move back, they're all open again."

RS Support (2 years ago): "You're right, I can reproduce the behavior here as well. I have reported it as a bug to our R&D department. Thanks for reporting!"

2 years on. R12. Now it's not just Players that do it. It's Instruments, Effects and Utilities as well. I mean come on!!!
Last edited by MrFigg on 03 Sep 2021, edited 2 times in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ted Pikul

03 Sep 2021

Yes, I noticed this same thing yesterday. What is the point in being able to collapse the folders if the browser immediately reopens them?

jam-s

03 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Me (2 years ago R.10): "When I minimize the developers REs in the Instruments, Effects and Utilities browser they stay closed until I open them again even when I switch between them. When I minimize in the Players menu however and then move to say instruments then move back, they're all open again."

RS Support (2 years ago): "You're right, I can reproduce the behavior here as well. I have reported it as a bug to our R&D department. Thanks for reporting!"

2 years on. R12. Now it's not just Players that do it. It's Instruments, Effects and Utilities as well. I mean come on!!!
So they fixed your bug report, but only by making it for all groups ... consistent again. :twisted: (Cutting the sore thumb also makes it stand out no longer.)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2021

jam-s wrote:
03 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
03 Sep 2021

So they fixed your bug report, but only by making it for all groups ... consistent again. :twisted: (Cutting the sore thumb also makes it stand out no longer.)
If you’ve got a lot of REs it can take a long time to scroll through everything.
I’d guess they never even tried to fix it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2021

Sorry…I’m bumping this. I am so annoyed!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Noiserunner

05 Sep 2021

+1

(Possible excuse from Reason Studios: „We want to introduce the users to the new power search by this Feature.“ 😀)
(MacBook Pro 13", some soft- and hardware)

Hashmoder

05 Sep 2021

Same thing here. I have A LOT of VST's (Waves, UAD, Arturia, etc). Takes a me a long time closing all the folders in instruments, effects, players and utilities. But every time I switch on R12 or open any other R12 session, all the folders are open again. What a drag! Silly little bug.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2021

Hashmoder wrote:
05 Sep 2021
Same thing here. I have A LOT of VST's (Waves, UAD, Arturia, etc). Takes a me a long time closing all the folders in instruments, effects, players and utilities. But every time I switch on R12 or open any other R12 session, all the folders are open again. What a drag! Silly little bug.
Try closing all the instrument folders then select effects then go back to the instruments. All opened again. I mean, they got told about this 2 years ago and instead of fixing it they’ve made it worse.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information