Reason 12 Status Update :: RS Blog Post Sept 16, 2021

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
StephenHutchinson

16 Sep 2021

Not sure if anyone has seen this Reason Studios post today.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/reas ... tus-update
Reason 12 Status Update

Whew, what a month! Reason 12 is out in the world and we're seeing more cool Combinator designs and new music than we can count. But we're also seeing some reports on bugs and issues in Reason 12, so I wanted to take a moment to address that.

Right now, the Reason team is fully focused on tracking down and solving these issues and getting an update out as soon as possible. The problems can generally be categorized into two areas: crashes or freezes with certain VST plugins and decreased performance compared to Reason 11. We have a fix on the way that we believe solves most, if not all, new VST issues and we're looking closely at performance too.

If you're having any issues in Reason 12, and you want to go above and beyond to help us, you can sign up for our always running open beta and send us a bug report. A report with steps to reproduce, information on your system (OS, hardware, settings, software versions etc.), and a description on what happens really helps us out. Once in the beta, you can also access a logging version of Reason that will produce useful log files that further helps us to track these things down. We'll also push new versions out to beta testers to confirm the fixes before they reach the general public, so it's the fastest way to confirm that something is fixed.

To sign up for the open beta, just head over here: www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup

And that's it, that's the blog post! I want to give a personal thank you for your patience and understanding. We'll continue squashing bugs, keep you in the loop, and should have an auto-update coming your way shortly.

Mattias Häggström Gerdt
Product Manager
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

sonicbyte

16 Sep 2021

Nice they aknowledge R12 has problems

Loque

16 Sep 2021

sonicbyte wrote:
16 Sep 2021
Nice to know they are working on them :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

16 Sep 2021

Loque wrote:
16 Sep 2021
sonicbyte wrote:
16 Sep 2021
Nice to know they are working on them :thumbup:
Indeed. Just good to hear more from them in general. Hope it continues both in comms and output :thumbs_up:

Catblack

16 Sep 2021

Thanks for the update, Mattias.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

plasticfractal

17 Sep 2021

I'm glad to see the communication. I knew they would work to fix the R12 issues, I was never actually worried about that. It really bothers me that they are applying pressure to buy soon before a price hike, given the issues R12 has. I always upgrade, but the reports of performance issues made me want to at least wait until they were fixed. I'm counting my blessings that R12 want just another "content" upgrade or RRP type feature I will never use. But the reported issues at least made me want to wait it out before buying. Now I bought the upgrade because of the high pressure sales tactic, but I am afraid to even install it until the issues are fixed. I know I can keep R11 and still use it, but still.

• Information