Audio Edit Crossfade

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Benedict
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2021

This may be a silly Q or a Feature Request:

Is there a way to default the Crossfade in Audio Editing to ON?

I have tried setting the Crossfade to on then slicing the audio but the new slice (the one on the right) is not set to crossfade. Can it be set up to crossfade always?

This is one thing that I have liked about Reaper as it makes edits fast. Overall tho Reson is still way faster for the way I work - even tho I have to bounce every few mins to avoid slowdown.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

ProfessaKaos

21 Sep 2021

Yeah this would be a much welcomed addition (to just set and forget) in the preferences.

PhillipOrdonez

21 Sep 2021

Would be good to have as an option. However, for me, it works perfectly the way it currently works, I don't always need a cross-fade but when I need do, pressing X does the job swiftly enough.

selig
RE Developer

21 Sep 2021

This would be a welcome addition as a preference IMO.
I also used to use the heck out of batch crossfades in Pro Tool, but for those to work well for me there would have to be an option to complete the crossfade BEFORE the current edit point (for drum editing especially). That way you don't end up getting a double-attack when adding a crossfade on top of an edit. It would also be handy because you won't have to manually overlap clips and can apply the same fade across tracks/groups of tracks such as adding a 15 ms crossfade to all edits on all drum tracks, as one common (for me) example. All in a single command!
Which is an excellent example of how one can add features to an app which can actually SIMPLIFY the workflow rather than complicating it. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Arrant
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2021

Crossfades in Reason drive me nuts, improvements are very welcome.

Ottostrom

21 Sep 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Sep 2021
Would be good to have as an option. However, for me, it works perfectly the way it currently works, I don't always need a cross-fade but when I need do, pressing X does the job swiftly enough.
Oh I didn't know there was a shortcut key for it!
This will help a bit, but I would also prefer to have it on by default

Wee Joe

21 Sep 2021

ProfessaKaos wrote:
21 Sep 2021
Yeah this would be a much welcomed addition (to just set and forget) in the preferences.

+1 for this.

plaamook

21 Sep 2021

As I can’t really see a reason why yoid want to be able to drag one audio clip onto another and have the latter one be preferential, yeah. X fade default or at least preset.

That said, there’s got to be a list of things that could be preset toggle on and off at this point. It come up often but reason pref is pretty basic.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

ProfessaKaos

23 Sep 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
21 Sep 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Sep 2021
Oh I didn't know there was a shortcut key for it!
This will help a bit, but I would also prefer to have it on by default
I also did not know there was a shortcut for it. Makes it a lot more fun.

Benedict
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2021

Ooh "X" as a shortcut. This I did not realize. Silly me for not checking. That will definitely help :-)

Reason's Audio editing is actually very elegant. I tried a podcast in Reaper but after about a minute of material went back to Reason as Reaper only seems to work at the play head whereas with Reason I can be swapping tools Q, R, Q, R, Q and now maybe X! in advance pf the playing point as I know what my speaker looks like (in an audio waveform) that is.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information