R12 and Reason+ compatibility question if you have both

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Social Exodus

17 Dec 2021

Ok, I have (own) R12 with most of the RE's it comes with. I caught a bargain and got Reason+ for $1 for 3 months so I took them up on it. But after installing the Reason+ Companion which says everything is fine, launching R12 doesn't show the Algoritm and Friktion devices I didn't outright own.

Do I have to uninstall R12 in order to see and use these? If so, even for $1 it's not really worth the hassle since I'd have to be blown away to keep Reason+.

Anyone have this same issue by chance?
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

QVprod

18 Dec 2021

Sorry if this sounds simple, but did you download those REs?

Billy+

18 Dec 2021

Social Exodus wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Ok, I have (own) R12 with most of the RE's it comes with. I caught a bargain and got Reason+ for $1 for 3 months so I took them up on it. But after installing the Reason+ Companion which says everything is fine, launching R12 doesn't show the Algoritm and Friktion devices I didn't outright own.

Do I have to uninstall R12 in order to see and use these? If so, even for $1 it's not really worth the hassle since I'd have to be blown away to keep Reason+.

Anyone have this same issue by chance?
You have to install the RE's via the companion app, just launch companion and find the devices click install and you should be good to go.

Social Exodus

18 Dec 2021

QVprod wrote:
18 Dec 2021
Sorry if this sounds simple, but did you download those REs?
Yes. They show up in bother the Authorizer and Reason+
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Social Exodus

18 Dec 2021

When last I trialled Reason+, I only had R11Suite. So now, I own both through perpetual license when I launch R12, it comes up sans these two extensions.

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Social Exodus

18 Dec 2021

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

QVprod

18 Dec 2021

That makes sense. Codemeter was in the way since R+ doesn’t use it.

Social Exodus

18 Dec 2021

QVprod wrote:
18 Dec 2021
That makes sense. Codemeter was in the way since R+ doesn’t use it.
Yeah, I'd forgotten about that.

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

• Information