VST autoscale in Windows - am I doing something wrong?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CaptainBlack

03 Feb 2022

I was pleased to hear that the new patch for R12 has an autoscale option as some of my VST plug-ins were tiny. I figured out that you had to go to 'Manage Plug-ins' and tick 'Auto-scale'. So I did for some of the VSTs I was having trouble seeing. Then I restarted.

I launched Reason and sure enough the window had got bigger ... only the actual plug-in hadn't. It was sitting in the corner of the window in its usual diminutive size surrounded by blank space. Have I done something wrong?

crimsonwarlock

03 Feb 2022

Nope, you're doing nothing wrong, it's a known issue with certain plugins. Which plugin shows this behavior for you?
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

CaptainBlack

03 Feb 2022

I've tried Waves, Softube, Isotope - any effects that didn't already have a rescale option. Some just appear to show me a screenshot when I open it, as none of the controls respond. It's still broken, isn't it?

EDIT: Yep, when I turn auto-scale on with Izotope Neuton 3 (for example) it shows me a screenshot when I open it. Turn it off and it's still tiny but the controls move. Oh well, back to Reason 11 ... sigh .

crimsonwarlock

03 Feb 2022

I have tested it with many VSTs that are not yet scalable, and many work with the new option. I found only two plugins (from Audio Damage) in my (rather small) collection that had this problem. I have already filed a bug report for this, but if you can name a few specific plugins (name and version) then I can add that to the bug report.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

CaptainBlack

04 Feb 2022

Actually what i thought was a screenshot, turns out to be editable - only you have to click on roughly the place in the blank space where that control would be if the VST were filling the window properly. Which is quite unusable really.

Problem just seems to be on effects rather than instruments. I've got a lot of VSTs and it would take an age to test them all, but definitely the names mentioned above.

crimsonwarlock

05 Feb 2022

CaptainBlack wrote:
04 Feb 2022
I've got a lot of VSTs and it would take an age to test them all, but definitely the names mentioned above.
No need to test them all, just a few cases for the devs to be able to reproduce the problem. I added Izotope Neuton 3 to my bug-report.
-------

earwig83

07 Feb 2022

I really have nothing positive to say about reason or its developers anymore.

• Information