Reasonheads.net: Only Dopetank Refills Administrator from now on

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eusti

15 Jan 2015

Hi Group,

I hope it's ok to post about this as we're all trying to find where we fit best in the post-PUF world...

From the PUF:

DopetankRefills
:record: :reload: :reason: :recycle:

"Hey people, I am the only Admin now of the Reasonheads.net
I think this is the best solution and one Admin is more than enough. I just woke up and saw the announcement.
Wow! Anyway, everyone is welcome to my site - and I'm open to good ideas. Reasonheads.net is still a new community, but I will gladly work for it, to make it work for it's users. Scottym, no hard feelings, but I think I better be the only admin.
And I hope people understand that I take the Reasonheads.net developing seriously. I see a lot of guys who don't come along with Scottym - well there's NO special status for anyone on my site (Anymore). There's few moderators but they don't have Admin powers. "

Not that I recommend going there instead, but maybe good to keep an eye on that one as well?

D.

Lunesis

15 Jan 2015

It's a free country... er, world. Competition is healthy ;) but I have a fancy chat feature in the bottom right, and awesome forum titles to achieve as well :D

eusti

15 Jan 2015

Admin wrote:It's a free country... er, world. Competition is healthy ;) but I have a fancy chat feature in the bottom right, and awesome forum titles to achieve as well :D
Hey, I'm here! ;)

D.

tt_lab

16 Jan 2015

I think it is much too late...this Dopetank should have made this announcement last week when in the PUF he tried to pull some people towards his forum and other users started to complain about one moderator.
Anyway this forum is great...so I'm not going anywhere.
Thx again Lunesis

littlejam

16 Jan 2015

hello,

i think Lunesis has done a stellarstellar job here
and with the amount of users who have already joined
this will be a difficult force to contend with

ReasonTalk feels like home already and so quickly

shoutouts and bigups to all who are here

cheers, j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

deepndark

17 Jan 2015

I'm the only admin, true. There's no reason why you couldn't become a member of more than one forum tho. ;)

Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

deepndark wrote:I'm the only admin, true. There's no reason why you couldn't become a member of more than one forum tho. ;)
I totally agree. No point in limiting yourself!

rvman

17 Jan 2015

deepndark wrote:I'm the only admin, true. There's no reason why you couldn't become a member of more than one forum tho. ;)
Lunesis wrote:
I totally agree. No point in limiting yourself!
I agree as well. Although it's not always convenient to go back and forth, I will try to visit other forums too.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

deepndark

17 Jan 2015

Cool one guys & gals!
Anyway, I hope that people push out lot of new music this year.
Did I mention that Estonia (I was born in there), announced this year being as a "year of music" -
every baby who is born in Estonia this year, gets some kind of paper from the government. :)

Namahs Amrak

17 Jan 2015

deepndark wrote: every baby who is born in Estonia this year, gets some kind of paper from the government. :)
They don't usually receive a birth certificate?

My best mate has Estonian heritage.
My Words are my ART

jfrichards

17 Jan 2015

I want my piece of paper too.  Citizen of Brentovia.  Much more valuable than my US citizenship paper, which says International Invader somewhere near the top.  Wow, Estonia actually recognizes musicians.

deepndark

17 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:
They don't usually receive a birth certificate?
Yes, but not a musician year 2015 one - like this year. ;)

deepndark

20 Mar 2015

Been making a decision to unintall the dark forum style, and switch to a light one. There was something about it that didn't make us wanna use the forum.
Also, we have a chat at the bottom of the forum - which I installed today. :)

selig
RE Developer

20 Mar 2015

deepndark wrote:Been making a decision to unintall the dark forum style, and switch to a light one. There was something about it that didn't make us wanna use the forum.
Interesting observation, as many folks scream for a dark Reason interface - do you think the same thing would happen with Reason, or do you feel this is more an internet/forum concept?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

deepndark

20 Mar 2015

deepndark wrote:Been making a decision to unintall the dark forum style, and switch to a light one. There was something about it that didn't make us wanna use the forum.
selig wrote:
Interesting observation, as many folks scream for a dark Reason interface - do you think the same thing would happen with Reason, or do you feel this is more an internet/forum concept?
A dark forum can be good if it's done right. But the dark style I had, wasn't one.
Anyway, I like Reason as it is. I like darkness for some reasons, but for other reasons I don't. ;)

hydlide

20 Mar 2015

selig wrote: Interesting observation, as many folks scream for a dark Reason interface - do you think the same thing would happen with Reason, or do you feel this is more an internet/forum concept?
dark forums are more common in gaming. While blue is more open / inviting and is (known for being) the color of creativity.
Contrast plays a role in to it. Often black on white is better for the eyes then using white on black (its a contrast thing).
There have been a lot of different studies about color codes on the internet itself. Lucky I am into this sort of thing (since I am also doing marketing things online, so its comes with the job more or less).

selig
RE Developer

20 Mar 2015

hydlide wrote:
selig wrote: Interesting observation, as many folks scream for a dark Reason interface - do you think the same thing would happen with Reason, or do you feel this is more an internet/forum concept?
hydlide wrote: dark forums are more common in gaming. While blue is more open / inviting and is (known for being) the color of creativity.
Contrast plays a role in to it. Often black on white is better for the eyes then using white on black (its a contrast thing).
There have been a lot of different studies about color codes on the internet itself. Lucky I am into this sort of thing (since I am also doing marketing things online, so its comes with the job more or less).
Interestingly I would have assumed a more direct correlation between dark and light interfaces online vs applications, meaning I would have assumed if you liked a dark interface you would want EVERYTHING to have a dark interface. As always, horses for courses.

This would also appear to suggest that having multiple options can be useful for all users, meaning you may want to switch color schemes throughout the day in response to changing environmental lighting, or just for fun to relieve boredom! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

ScuzzyEye

20 Mar 2015

selig wrote:Interestingly I would have assumed a more direct correlation between dark and light interfaces online vs applications, meaning I would have assumed if you liked a dark interface you would want EVERYTHING to have a dark interface. As always, horses for courses.

This would also appear to suggest that having multiple options can be useful for all users, meaning you may want to switch color schemes throughout the day in response to changing environmental lighting, or just for fun to relieve boredom! ;)
When I'm doing processing photos (adjusting color and contrast), I want the interface to be dark. But when I'm doing graphic design or working on music, I feel like lighter is better.

deepndark

16 Apr 2016

Yo!

I did quit reasonheads.net
A bit sad but then again my site was collecting dust most of the time so I decided to quit.
But I wouldn't say it was not worth a try. I have learned a lot related to phpbb, setting up a chat and a net-radio.

Anyway, thanks to all the people who were involved!

Reasonistas
RE Developer

16 Apr 2016

Thanks for your positive contribution Heikki!
ImageImage

deepndark

16 Apr 2016

Noel G. wrote:Thanks for your positive contribution Heikki!
Thanks Noel, you are very kind and cool! :thumbs_up: :puf_smile:

deepndark

20 Nov 2016

Ok, I gave reasonheads.net some more time and it still was pretty much like a ghost-town. This time my decision is final and will end reasonheads.net
The best thing about PUF used to be the other users and because most of them are hanging here, I'll be around reasontalk myself. Cheers! And if I can help this community in any way then let me know.

cjb123

20 Nov 2016

Just want to throw in my appreciation for your efforts too Heikki. After the PUF was blown up people scrambled and ended up banding together here. It was probably just luck of the draw and timing for the most part. Still we can all appreciate your work for the community mate. Thank you!

deepndark

20 Nov 2016

cjb123 wrote:Just want to throw in my appreciation for your efforts too Heikki. After the PUF was blown up people scrambled and ended up banding together here. It was probably just luck of the draw and timing for the most part. Still we can all appreciate your work for the community mate. Thank you!
Thank you!
I don't feel that bad about quitting, except that I liked some of my work I put into that site. I felt isolated from all the old Reason users that used to be my bestest networking friends. :D

jfrichards

21 Nov 2016

Welcome back Heikki. I'm looking forward to two things from you. One is contributing in the Tutorials and Techniques section, especially for getting those powerful but CLEAN mixes you are known for, and two is seeing what you do with The Legend synth.

John

• Information