Reason is rather quiet lately....

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Hoboys

19 Mar 2022

EnochLight wrote:
19 Mar 2022
What is an "apm threshold"? :question: :?:
actions per minute

Forum Helper

19 Mar 2022

Reason is rather quiet lately.jpg
Reason is rather quiet lately.jpg (270.31 KiB) Viewed 1466 times

EnochLight

19 Mar 2022

Hoboys wrote:
19 Mar 2022
EnochLight wrote:
19 Mar 2022
What is an "apm threshold"? :question: :?:
actions per minute
Yikes. That sucks. Is it a fairly large project that's crashing on you?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Jagwah

20 Mar 2022

Forum Helper wrote:
19 Mar 2022
Reason is rather quiet lately.jpg
Lol maybe op just had the dimmer on. What a cheeky paperclip.

altron

20 Mar 2022

huggermugger wrote:
14 Mar 2022
When the hammer drops, you'll hear about it pronto.

"We regret to inform you that Reason standalone is no longer under development. We're excited to announce that, going forward, Reason will be sold only as a VST3/AU/AAX plugin called RRP for use in your favourite DAW."
This is what I'm fearing, as Reason has been my favorite DAW since V1 and the lack of care from RS about Reason as a DAW seems to point into that direction. And then they probably want to tell me that Live or Bitwig should be my favorite DAW. Been there, tried them all for a while and they all sucked for me and always made me go back to Reason as my DAW.

If RS is giving up on Reason as DAW instead of working towards making it a better and competitive DAW they are missing out on a good opportunity.
Trap is where music goes to die.

plaamook

20 Mar 2022

All we know is they’ve repeatedly said they’re not folding the Daw. It’s just the panic around here that keeps perpetuating this idea. It’s slow going but all they do at this point is fix bugs in the Daw. There’s another fix coming soon too.
I think everyone should just try n relax. It’s a real drag for the people that have serious bugs but they’ll be on the fix list too. Just need to wait.
That’s what I think.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

crimsonwarlock

20 Mar 2022

Hoboys wrote:
19 Mar 2022
So TO ME it's an unusable pile of garbage...
Fair enough.
Hoboys wrote:
19 Mar 2022
... and I can't see how under their current trajectory there can be less bugs in their software.
Their current trajectory IS to have less bugs in their software. The "we need more features" crowd is complaining that it "is rather quiet lately" while it is mentioned by several people (who are obviously on the beta program) that the current focus of development is on squashing bugs.

.......... and while I was writing this reply, plaamook posted this:
plaamook wrote:
20 Mar 2022
All we know is they’ve repeatedly said they’re not folding the Daw. It’s just the panic around here that keeps perpetuating this idea. It’s slow going but all they do at this point is fix bugs in the Daw. There’s another fix coming soon too.
Exactly how I see it.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Hoboys

20 Mar 2022

EnochLight wrote:
19 Mar 2022
No, not at all. Even basic arrangements with 3-4 instruments and 1-2 vocal tracks, and my songs are hardly ever longer than 2-3 minutes.

chimp_spanner

21 Mar 2022

Hoboys wrote:
20 Mar 2022
EnochLight wrote:
19 Mar 2022
No, not at all. Even basic arrangements with 3-4 instruments and 1-2 vocal tracks, and my songs are hardly ever longer than 2-3 minutes.
Have you signed up for the beta? If it's 100% reproducible then maybe triggering the crash with the logging version would reveal something useful?

For the most part 12 feels like 11 to me now. There's still some jank (waveforms glitch outside of clips sometimes, for instance) and I encountered a fairly serious crash a while back, which I'm told is addressed in the next release. So fingers crossed there.

I really do hope we are nearing the end of this phase. I say it every time but for as much as I've tried the alternatives on my system (Cubase, Live), I just prefer working in Reason so I'm desperate to see it get some big(ish) exciting features. But that can't happen until users like yourself are able to use it without crashing so, I do get it.

deeplink
Competition Winner

21 Mar 2022

Not so quiet... Reason 12.2.5 Released
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

orthodox
RE Developer

21 Mar 2022

deeplink wrote:
21 Mar 2022
Not so quiet... Reason 12.2.5 Released
Quite a lot of fixes.
  • Just checking if you’re still reading… you are? Sweet! Almost done.

Billy+

21 Mar 2022

Arrant wrote:
19 Mar 2022
Billy+ wrote:
18 Mar 2022
To be fair - it was made very clear that R12 was not a "finished product" and that features would be added/released when ready.
Where do you get this from?
R12 was launched with HD graphics, Combinator 2, Mimic and a new browser, all of which were surely expected to function at launch?
There's nothing fair about the obvious lack of product testing that was done on this release.
Early Access and Agile Development
features that would be released when ready,

it was very easy to get that it was going to be a rolling development rather than a finished product.

Caelo

21 Mar 2022

Today was a new update on the roadmap ...

https://reasonstudios.com/blog/being-pr ... riorities/

selig
RE Developer

21 Mar 2022

Billy+ wrote:
21 Mar 2022
it was very easy to get that it was going to be a rolling development rather than a finished product.
Those are not mutually exclusive… 😏
Selig Audio, LLC

Billy+

21 Mar 2022

selig wrote:
21 Mar 2022
Billy+ wrote:
21 Mar 2022
Those are not mutually exclusive… 😏
while I agree and am honestly not concerned either way, (I was just responding to a direct question viewtopic.php?p=600385#p600385)

The initial announcement was sufficient for me to decide that I would rather wait for the actual product than jump into spending £200 now £129 then for something that might not end up justifying it's purchase.

Given today's announcement, update release and updated roadmap I'm happy with my choice not to purchase Reason 12 but instead spend the extra on Live 11 Suite.

Don't take it that I will stop using R11 it's my preferred DAW and has been for years and I truly hope that Reason pulls it together and makes it back to my number 1 spot, but for now R12 is still not something I can see myself buying it just doesn't seem worth it.........

Arrant
Competition Winner

21 Mar 2022

Billy+ wrote:
21 Mar 2022
Arrant wrote:
19 Mar 2022

Where do you get this from?
R12 was launched with HD graphics, Combinator 2, Mimic and a new browser, all of which were surely expected to function at launch?
There's nothing fair about the obvious lack of product testing that was done on this release.

Not really. I think you are referring to Reason+ (incremental features) rather than Reason 12 standalone, which was supposed to have all the features I mentioned at launch.
Calling it rolling development or whatever doesn't justify selling a product that doesn't work as promised. End of discussion.

Billy+

21 Mar 2022

Arrant wrote:
21 Mar 2022
Billy+ wrote:
21 Mar 2022

Not really. I think you are referring to Reason+ (incremental features) rather than Reason 12 standalone, which was supposed to have all the features I mentioned at launch.
Calling it rolling development or whatever doesn't justify selling a product that doesn't work as promised. End of discussion.
Reason Standalone and R+ are built around the same core DAW

plus is a subscription service that enables you to access all the devices and sound packs while gaining early access to features that perpetual users would get but at a later stage.

Although it does appear that the early access part was possible over stated or misinterpreted by me as other than the initial release most features have been made available for both users at the same time from my understanding.

I do agree that selling a product that doesn't work as expected is bad form and it's disappointing that it has taken so long to get the bugs ironed out, while the continuous pushing back of the roadmap is concerning especially if you have purchased a license at least if you are subscribing monthly you can cancel while perpetuals are just hoping to get what they paid for.

still with any luck it should all be sorted by the end of the year, at least that's the plan "not a promise"

• Information