Is there a way to export clips?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ninjadog

02 May 2022

Recorded some scratches for a rapper dude and I'm trying to send him the audio of just the scratches, but I don't know how to do that?
Thought highlighting the clip and export loop would do it, but no.

orthodox
RE Developer

02 May 2022

<deleted>
Last edited by orthodox on 02 May 2022, edited 2 times in total.

joeyluck

02 May 2022

There's a few ways...

First way is the way you describe, but sounds like maybe you didn't have your loop selection set? Good to use this way if you have a few clips.
You can do that manually or you can set the L locator with Cmd/Ctrl + L and the R locator with Cmd/Ctrl + R.
You can also right-click a selection and choose "set loop selection".

The other way to do it is to right-click the clip, choose Bounce > Bounce clip to disk.

selig
RE Developer

02 May 2022

Highlight clip and command L to set loop markers to the clip boundaries, then export loop. Won't be too bad for a handful of clips. Or bounce clips to disc, though you cannot bounce multiple selected clips either way

To do it all in one pass you would need to paste each clip on it's own track starting at 0:00 and use "bounce mixer channels" to create exports of each, though they would all have to be the same length so this approach wouldn't work for different length clips/loops.
Selig Audio, LLC

Ninjadog

02 May 2022

joeyluck wrote:
02 May 2022
There's a few ways...

First way is the way you describe, but sounds like maybe you didn't have your loop selection set? Good to use this way if you have a few clips.
You can do that manually or you can set the L locator with Cmd/Ctrl + L and the R locator with Cmd/Ctrl + R.
You can also right-click a selection and choose "set loop selection".

The other way to do it is to right-click the clip, choose Bounce > Bounce clip to disk.
Thanks, bounce clip to disk is the easy way I was thinking it should work. I got the clip and the audio I was scratching over the first time.

• Information