Wait! When did Reason Rack devices suddenly work in Logic Pro M1 native

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Heater

27 Oct 2022

After the last Reason update Reason rack devices now work in Logic Pro M1 native.
Previously I had to run the Rosetta version. I'm blown away.

Billy+

27 Oct 2022

No it's not working nativity, I think it's something to do with the au bridge that is part of logic...

Heater

28 Oct 2022

Billy+ wrote:
27 Oct 2022
No it's not working nativity, I think it's something to do with the au bridge that is part of logic...
Yes. I know it's not native but previous I couldn't get it to work at all in Logic Pro M1.

Jac459

28 Oct 2022

It is also the case in bitwig since as far as i remember. The rrp run without issue being rosetta when the DAW is native...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

avasopht
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2022

Billy+ wrote:
27 Oct 2022
I was thinking the same thing.

kuhliloach

28 Oct 2022

RRP wont even load at all here on macOS 13 Ventura. Now it forces Logic to quit after the RRP crashes.

Heater

28 Oct 2022

kuhliloach wrote:
28 Oct 2022
RRP wont even load at all here on macOS 13 Ventura. Now it forces Logic to quit after the RRP crashes.
I’m on Ventura.

integerpoet

28 Oct 2022

I believe it's been possible for apps to run AUv2 plug-ins out-of-process since the M1 machines shipped or soon thereafter. Given the way Rosetta2 works, this was the only way an Apple silicon host could run an Intel plug-in. (AUv3 plug-ins have always run out-of-process.)

I haven't kept track of which versions of which apps load plug-ins built for each architecture out-of-process. But as you can see from the prior sentence there are many variables to consider in any given situation. 😀

One way to check what's happening right now on your system is the Activity Monitor app. To see which processes Logic (or whatever other app) is responsible for having launched, view processes hierarchically. To see whether each process is Intel or Apple silicon, enable the Kind column.

• Information