Mimic Sampler - Way to OneShot?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Musicbyproseed

26 Apr 2023

When using Mimic Sampler, I'd like to be able to hit one key and have my sample play all the way through then loop at the end. Is this possible?
When blues meets hip-hop & soul meets new age.

https://www.dereosroads.com

EnochLight

26 Apr 2023

Musicbyproseed wrote:
26 Apr 2023
When using Mimic Sampler, I'd like to be able to hit one key and have my sample play all the way through then loop at the end. Is this possible?
Yes. Turn loop on, adjust your length for the section at the end that you want to loop, and... hold your key down. Or if you just want to strike the key and let go, adjust your Amp Envelope release to taste. Works in all modes, though Slice mode is a little wacky (in a fun way)!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Musicbyproseed

26 Apr 2023

Appreciate that! It worked. Now, my next question becomes is there a way for me to shut the sample off when I hit a pad associated with another slot? As I write this I'm thinking that might be something I can hook up with settings on a Combinator.

EnochLight

26 Apr 2023

Musicbyproseed wrote:
26 Apr 2023
Appreciate that! It worked. Now, my next question becomes is there a way for me to shut the sample off when I hit a pad associated with another slot? As I write this I'm thinking that might be something I can hook up with settings on a Combinator.
Like a choke group on an MPC? Turn on Mono Retrig.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Musicbyproseed

26 Apr 2023

Yeah I figured that part out. Really starting to enjoy Mimic. I’m using Block mode in Reason and loading some drum stems and looping 8 bars, then playing with the various modes in Mimic with the samples and the envelope release tip you gave me. I also mapped my faders on my Axiom midi controller to the envelope release sliders for each slot (fader 1 to slider 1, fader 2 to slider 2, etc.).

mimidancer

26 Apr 2023

Musicbyproseed wrote:
26 Apr 2023
if you set it to mono it will choke the current sample. Also, you can't spell mimic with out me, mimi.

EnochLight

27 Apr 2023

mimidancer wrote:
26 Apr 2023
if you set it to mono it will choke the current sample.
viewtopic.php?p=637851#p637851
mimidancer wrote:
26 Apr 2023
Also, you can't spell mimic with out me, mimi.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Information