scale selection for pitch correction

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
reasonosaer

18 Jul 2023

Reasons built-in comping (for the love of God port the damn takes and comping system to midi though, it should have been there from the start) and pitch correction are mostly well-designed features that would be very competitive with the big DAWs if they were attached to a modern sequencer. Cubase recently added a pretty simple feature to their own integral pitch correction system where you can apply a scale, it's sort of like melodyne but not and has a ton of creative potential for off label feature abuse. this would be cool to have in Reason and fit with RS's stated conception of Reason as an "idea starter" rather than a full featured DAW.

fullforce

19 Jul 2023

The name of this thread sounds like a great techno song name.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

guitfnky

19 Jul 2023

Cubase has so many quality of life features and things I didn’t know I needed that it’s become one of only two DAWs that I don’t actively loathe doing vocal pitch editing in. and it sounds better than any other pitch correction (including/especially Melodyne, which is hella overrated).
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

reasonosaer

20 Jul 2023

guitfnky wrote:
19 Jul 2023
Cubase has so many quality of life features and things I didn’t know I needed that it’s become one of only two DAWs that I don’t actively loathe doing vocal pitch editing in. and it sounds better than any other pitch correction (including/especially Melodyne, which is hella overrated).
i'm not up to speed on serious vocal edit and probably never was but melodyne was something so new when it came out that they just immediately semi-retired and phoned in a half assed update every 7 years or so since the 90s alan jackson style.

• Information