Snipping audio to make a loop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ninjadog

09 Aug 2023

I have a sample imported into reason and I so far have isolated the loop I'm trying to use within the sample by setting the L and R markers. Now how can I delete unused ends of that sample and also get the proper BPM?

Quarmat
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2023

You can tap your tempo with the TAP button the transport bar. Be aware than after setting a new tempo the sample will stretch accordingly, so you have disable stretch by right clicking on the sample in the sequencer.

selig
RE Developer

10 Aug 2023

I just trim the clip and hit "P" to loop it rather than starting with the loop markers. Then I move the clip to bar #1, hit "Disable Stretch" and adjust the tempo until the loop fits the proper length (if it's one bar of music it should fill one bar at the proper tempo). If the clip doesn't exactly fit at a specific tempo, set the tempo so the clip is ever so slightly too long and then trim it to fit the bar exactly.
FINALLY, use "Bounce Clips to New Records" to "lock in" these changes. Now the tempo data is imbedded in the wave file - if you're going to use this loop in future projects, use the "Bounce Clips to Disk…" or "Export Loop as Audio File…" commands.
Selig Audio, LLC

Ninjadog

13 Aug 2023

selig wrote:
10 Aug 2023
I just trim the clip and hit "P" to loop it rather than starting with the loop markers. Then I move the clip to bar #1, hit "Disable Stretch" and adjust the tempo until the loop fits the proper length (if it's one bar of music it should fill one bar at the proper tempo). If the clip doesn't exactly fit at a specific tempo, set the tempo so the clip is ever so slightly too long and then trim it to fit the bar exactly.
FINALLY, use "Bounce Clips to New Records" to "lock in" these changes. Now the tempo data is imbedded in the wave file - if you're going to use this loop in future projects, use the "Bounce Clips to Disk…" or "Export Loop as Audio File…" commands.
Thanks that helps a lot

• Information