Can Anyone Update What is currently in development at Reason Studios?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

10 Aug 2023

I heard in Sweden they never implemented any covid measures, in hindsight it says a lot. Just a lot of forward thinking, intelligent people, and they make great software and we are still using velcro everywhere.

ltbrunt00

10 Aug 2023

probably doing the same thing my company doing, figuring out how they can incorporate A.I in their products. Company where I work A.I is being evaluated everywhere and likely end up in some form or fashion in all of our products. I think the Props are doing the same thing like everyone else. May be years before they figure out what how to incorporate A.I in a way that is useful to us Reason users. The A.I gold rush is a real thing. Those that use it the best will be the biggest winners in the near future.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

integerpoet

10 Aug 2023

Jagwah wrote:
10 Aug 2023
I heard in Sweden they never implemented any covid measures…
It wasn't never, but early on they were definitely an outlier.

Jagwah

11 Aug 2023

integerpoet wrote:
10 Aug 2023
Jagwah wrote:
10 Aug 2023
I heard in Sweden they never implemented any covid measures…
Also Switzerland would have been similar, allegedly, and yes I wasn't sure of that so my bad. I tried to google it but google ain't what it used to be.

integerpoet

11 Aug 2023

Jagwah wrote:
11 Aug 2023
integerpoet wrote:
10 Aug 2023
…I wasn't sure of that so my bad. I tried to google it but google ain't what it used to be.
No worries. The only reason I know any details is that my wife is half Swede and half New Yorker and she was avidly digesting the contrasting news out of both places early in the pandemic. My wife was literally getting photos from friends and family in Sweden doing things like eating at packed indoor restaurants with notes saying "everything is fine here" when the news was telling us it really was not at all fine there. That didn't last, and I am happy none of them got hurt or killed because we visited years later and I am now quite fond of all of them.

EnochLight

11 Aug 2023

integerpoet wrote:
11 Aug 2023
That didn't last, and I am happy none of them got hurt or killed because we visited years later and I am now quite fond of all of them.
Yeah, it's a blessing none of your wife's friends/family died, because Sweden certainly lost people to Covid - just not as many as other places in the world. Barely 1% of confirmed Covid infections proved fatal in Sweden. Maybe it's a Nordic genetic thing - like the seasonal flu is just an inconvenience, so Covid was like slightly worse for them? No clue.

oof.JPG
oof.JPG (87.3 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

integerpoet

11 Aug 2023

EnochLight wrote:
11 Aug 2023
Barely 1% of confirmed Covid infections proved fatal in Sweden. Maybe it's a Nordic genetic thing - like the seasonal flu is just an inconvenience, so Covid was like slightly worse for them? No clue.
It seems Covid is now regarded by health pros as not primarily respiratory, and the respiratory system just happens to be how it gets in (and out) most easily.

If I had to speculate about a single thing that spared Swedes, my first guess would be universal health care. But I'm not a bitter American or anything.

And yes this thread is now swerving off-topic and at risk of becoming political, which was not my intent but here we are. :-)

WOO

11 Aug 2023

integerpoet wrote:
11 Aug 2023
Jagwah wrote:
11 Aug 2023

…I wasn't sure of that so my bad. I tried to google it but google ain't what it used to be.
No worries. The only reason I know any details is that my wife is half Swede and half New Yorker and she was avidly digesting the contrasting news out of both places early in the pandemic. My wife was literally getting photos from friends and family in Sweden doing things like eating at packed indoor restaurants with notes saying "everything is fine here" when the news was telling us it really was not at all fine there. That didn't last, and I am happy none of them got hurt or killed because we visited years later and I am now quite fond of all of them.
My wife and I have family that spans from california to maine and from florida to michigan. They range in age from infants to their 90's and no one died. Many had several underlying health issues as most americans seem to be afflicted by these days. A few got sick and one family member spent 2 days in the hospital, a 50 year long heavy smoker. In contrast my mother almost died after getting the 3rd booster and a very health neighbor died of a massive stroke 2 weeks after getting his second shot. I'll leave it to the reader to form their own conclusions based on the facts of what our family experienced.

integerpoet

11 Aug 2023

WOO wrote:
11 Aug 2023
integerpoet wrote:
11 Aug 2023

My wife and I have family that spans from california to maine and from florida to michigan. They range in age from infants to their 90's and no one died. Many had several underlying health issues as most americans seem to be afflicted by these days. A few got sick and one family member spent 2 days in the hospital, a 50 year long heavy smoker. In contrast my mother almost died after getting the 3rd booster and a very health neighbor died of a massive stroke 2 weeks after getting his second shot. I'll leave it to the reader to form their own conclusions based on the facts of what our family experienced.
I feel safer knowing we are all epidemiologists on this forum.

• Information