Missing Instrument from Rack

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
robussc

28 Nov 2023

I guess the question has to be asked: why not just go back to Reason 11?
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Dionysus

28 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
28 Nov 2023
WarStar wrote:
28 Nov 2023
Here's the weird thing, like the OP, I recently bought two Blamsoft REs and installed them via authorizor and had no issues what so ever. But after making the install the authorizor updated a few REs and one of them was Pappens SubBoom.. and now, arbitrarily it seems, that I have to longin online to use SubBoom.. it really makes no sense lol I don't use subBoom but what if I did? I've used it in the past and no issues using off-line
I believe this has to do with Codemeter no longer being supported? If you use Authorizer and you install a new RE or update a RE, you will need to use online authorization for that RE because Authorizer can't update the RE license for offline use. You need to use Companion or get in touch with support.
150 racks installed on 1/10/23 no problem. Absolutely no system changes since then, but 20/11/23 new problems with new rack. I appreciate your helpful suggestion and for not being rude to me, but I dont think this is the issue.

And of course, like a miracle no expanse issue for me at all now. Such magic that cannot be explained. All good, until the next time something breaks. Players disappeared yesterday, what will disappear next? Maybe my Reason 12 will turn into Logic tomorrow on my Windows computer. I should look on the glass half full side and consider the reason 12 experience as an adventure rather than a burden.

Dionysus

28 Nov 2023

robussc wrote:
28 Nov 2023
I really like the custom-built combinater, that was why I upgraded. And I have a lot of them now that will break if I downgrade.

joeyluck

28 Nov 2023

Dionysus wrote:
28 Nov 2023
robussc wrote:
28 Nov 2023
I really like the custom-built combinater, that was why I upgraded. And I have a lot of them now that will break if I downgrade.
Not to mention if you download anything, it should be 12.7 and Companion :)
Only answer anybody here can offer you is to update. Only other thing you can do is contact support.

dvdrtldg

28 Nov 2023

Dionysus wrote:
28 Nov 2023
stillifegaijin wrote:
28 Nov 2023

But I don't think it is. From all of your anti-Reason / anti-update ranting I suspect there is a user issue. As nearly everyone has suggested, you should update to 12.7. Connecting to the internet might be a hassle but you can do it. And is it any less of a hassle than your current course of action?

Updates are not evil. Updates are not a scam. Updates exist for a reason.
Dont make the mistake to think I am new to Reason because of my joining date. I have been using it for a long time and am not anti-Reason. Never a problem until the new one. I am anti Reason 12, which has been as unpleasant as a large carrot stuck inside my butthole for 2 years and cost me $3000

So sure how about I upload the exe for an 11th time, to fix yet another problem. Honestly you guys must think I am Chef Bezos to be blowing more and more money more and more data and pray that the next one will work out just fine. And what happens when I delete the old version, probably all my 150 rack units will disappear too so I can start all over again with a one year data plan on the companion bloatware service to reinstall everything I already have, that replaces the authorizer thats worked perfectly fine for me over years and years.

Im so happy for you if you have not had problems, but Reason 12 for me is nothing but badly drawn junkware. There's plenty of words on the internet about the ongoing graphics display problems for some people. Mostly they are gone but there are still little display imperfections that never existed before. And the rack-in-a-rack-in-a-rack is just dumb, as well as losing controls on the audio rack. I know thats never gonna change now, so will live with it, but this latest problem is the end of my patience. I wish it came with a box so I could throw it out of my goddam studio window into the sewer canal

So, lets go, Reason 12.7. Until Reason 12.8 breaks something else. Then Reason 12.9 and so on and so on. Upgrade upgrade upgrade buy buy buy buy buy and anyone who doesnt play along with this bandage over bandage release trend is a fool that will be ridiculed by the reason loverboys
For someone who gets offended over a lighthearted meme, you sure can dish it out to others

You have a problem. People advise you that your problem might be fixed if you upgrade to the latest version of Reason. No, you don't want to do that, because "it's a Reason issue". People advise you that they've upgraded to the latest version of Reason and are doing fine, so maybe it's a user issue. These people are "Reason loverboys" who are "ridiculing" you for not playing along with the Great Reason Scam

I'd like to suggest that nothing anyone says here is going to make you feel any better. Obviously nobody has a fix for your "Reason issue", and helpful suggestions offered in good faith just seem to enrage you. This whole discussion is offering diminishing returns and seems to be at the point where maybe you should just take a break from this internet that you say you don't have, go for a walk and calm down. I'm sure it must all be very frustrating and you're probably a perfectly nice guy. But this is pointless, all you're doing is giving yourself an aneurysm

Stamatz

28 Nov 2023

I've been watching this thread and wanted to reply yesterday but felt maybe I shouldn't.
I will now, to the poster, I don't know you but feel we have a few things in common, such as Reason.
People on this forum are usually very helpful and for the most part want to help, maybe with some banter but that really means nothing.
Like others said, upgrade companion and Reason 12 to the latest version and you will most likely alleviate all of your problems.
Not sure if I read this correctly so please forgive me if I have this wrong, is your internet limited? I mean you only have X amount of download per week/month?
If I understand this correctly, I think your concern is you don't want to use all of your internet download data by updating Reason. Is that accurate?
If the system is a laptop and depending on where you live, you can try the library or Starbucks for free wifi? And please, none of this is sarcastic.
Geez if you lived by me, I'd even offer to help you in person. Hope you decide to upgrade, I think your fustrations will go away.
Companion is way better at handling the rack extension then the old way, really way better.
Anyways, I wish you luck and hope you continue with your R12 journey, it's really a cool piece of software.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

stillifegaijin

28 Nov 2023

Dionysus wrote:
28 Nov 2023
stillifegaijin wrote:
28 Nov 2023

But I don't think it is. From all of your anti-Reason / anti-update ranting I suspect there is a user issue. As nearly everyone has suggested, you should update to 12.7. Connecting to the internet might be a hassle but you can do it. And is it any less of a hassle than your current course of action?

Dont make the mistake to think I am new to Reason because of my joining date. I have been using it for a long time and am not anti-Reason. Never a problem until the new one. I am anti Reason 12, which has been as unpleasant as a large carrot stuck inside my butthole for 2 years and cost me $3000

So sure how about I upload the exe for an 11th time, to fix yet another problem. Honestly you guys must think I am Chef Bezos to be blowing more and more money more and more data and pray that the next one will work out just fine. And what happens when I delete the old version, probably all my 150 rack units will disappear too so I can start all over again with a one year data plan on the companion bloatware service to reinstall everything I already have, that replaces the authorizer thats worked perfectly fine for me over years and years.

Im so happy for you if you have not had problems, but Reason 12 for me is nothing but badly drawn junkware. There's plenty of words on the internet about the ongoing graphics display problems for some people. Mostly they are gone but there are still little display imperfections that never existed before. And the rack-in-a-rack-in-a-rack is just dumb, as well as losing controls on the audio rack. I know thats never gonna change now, so will live with it, but this latest problem is the end of my patience. I wish it came with a box so I could throw it out of my goddam studio window into the sewer canal

So, lets go, Reason 12.7. Until Reason 12.8 breaks something else. Then Reason 12.9 and so on and so on. Upgrade upgrade upgrade buy buy buy buy buy and anyone who doesnt play along with this bandage over bandage release trend is a fool that will be ridiculed by the reason loverboys
I'm starting to believe you are some sort of troll actually. "Buy buy buy buy buy"? "$3000"?...What are you even talking about? The updates don't cost any money. We're all here trying to help you and offer advice while you seem determined to make your own life as hard as possible while blaming the software.

Good luck.

Loque

28 Nov 2023

Thread locked.

Every help of members was warden and the wording in this thread gets worse.

The discussion here and tries to help would only lead to something bad.

End of help and discussion is reached.

Keep calm.
Reason12, Win10

challism

29 Nov 2023

OP is asking for help to solve the problem, but seems extremely resistant to try the solutions offered. Seems more interested in complaining. I don't understand the OP's obstinate attitude. Just install the latest Reason update and install Companion. Perhaps this will fix the problem, and maybe it won't, but you'll never know unless you try it.
DaveyG wrote:
28 Nov 2023
stillifegaijin wrote:
28 Nov 2023
They should have that as a tagline :lol: :lol: :lol:
R.png
R.png (50.68 KiB) Viewed 4621 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information