Exporting MIDI

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BasilFearr

04 Dec 2023

How do you export a single MIDI file? I tried what I thought I knew to do. When I look at the Reason HELP documentation, it seems to imply that you can only export all files as one file???

robussc

04 Dec 2023

BasilFearr wrote:
04 Dec 2023
How do you export a single MIDI file? I tried what I thought I knew to do. When I look at the Reason HELP documentation, it seems to imply that you can only export all files as one file???
You want to export a single track as a MIDI file?
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

huggermugger

04 Dec 2023

You can only export a multitrack MIDI file of all the MIDI tracks in your song. Even if you mute them, they still get included in the MIDI file.

You can't export individual MIDI tracks unless you delete all the others first - fun huh? ;)

BasilFearr

04 Dec 2023

Wow. That's bizarre. While I have your eyes, I have a tune I did in Reason 4. I use 11 now. When I go to FILE...BOUNCE MIXER CHANNELS, the tracks aren't there. What's real faded is a box and FX1 through FX 8(not connected). What's FX? Effects?

npinero1

04 Dec 2023

I setup a MIDI template with only one track. I set the song to the same tempo and copy each MIDI track from the 1st song, to the template file and export. It's not fun but it is what it is. Maybe in addition to punch in/out they can add individual MIDI track exporting. It would be awesome.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

moneykube

05 Dec 2023

huggermugger wrote:
04 Dec 2023
You can only export a multitrack MIDI file of all the MIDI tracks in your song. Even if you mute them, they still get included in the MIDI file.

You can't export individual MIDI tracks unless you delete all the others first - fun huh? ;)
this is totally crazy in this day and age...
:lightbulb: another unfulfilled feature request I imagine... sigh
I thought I must have been doing something wrong.
good to know... I guess. Thanks
Still hard to believe this is "the way"
Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 11.02.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 11.02.50 PM.png (46.94 KiB) Viewed 2799 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

05 Dec 2023

npinero1 wrote:
04 Dec 2023
I setup a MIDI template with only one track. I set the song to the same tempo and copy each MIDI track from the 1st song, to the template file and export. It's not fun but it is what it is. Maybe in addition to punch in/out they can add individual MIDI track exporting. It would be awesome.
thanks for the work around.
and +1 on that request
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Jackjackdaw

05 Dec 2023

BasilFearr wrote:
04 Dec 2023
Wow. That's bizarre. While I have your eyes, I have a tune I did in Reason 4. I use 11 now. When I go to FILE...BOUNCE MIXER CHANNELS, the tracks aren't there. What's real faded is a box and FX1 through FX 8(not connected). What's FX? Effects?
Was Reason 4 before the SSL was introduced? If you have everything going into a line mixer in the rack it probably only has one channel on the SSL that R11 is seeing. Probably you need to create a mixer channel for each track and reroute it.

• Information