Browser / patch search within reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dakta

20 Jan 2024

I am pretty sure this has been covered, but currently having a problem searching within reason for anything. You can type anything in and press enter and nothing happens

No response or indication of activity, and obviously you never get results.

I thought this might be a windows problem as at the same time my windows explorer search function failed, with similar symptoms, however I've run the system file check tool and it has fixed some things and it now works, unfortunately it hasn't impacted reason at all and searches still fail.

Just wondering before i raise a ticket if anyone knows anything I could try?

DaveyG

20 Jan 2024

Click the X on the orange bar and try again.

dakta

20 Jan 2024

I actually wanted to search for (or at least filter by) Maia patches (theres hundreds with pad in the name)

I tried it anyway, getting rid of the orange bar with the maia filter off in case I was going senile - this time it completely failed to search for anything. For completeness I just tried a common vowel ('a') on it's own. How many patches are there in 30-40gb of refills with 'a' in the name, alas, it didn't as far as try.

It hasn't gone without experiment, I've also navigated to the disk root ('C:') and done an equivalent broad search for something you'd find in loads of patches. You'd expect performance to be reduced by a sudden search across the entire hardrive, alas there is no spike in activity whatsoever. The search literally isn't conducted.

dakta

20 Jan 2024

I have fixed it I think, quite novel and obvious but not obvious unless you know.

I made a random guess the index might be corrupt so looked for it - C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason\__ReasonIndex_v5.dat

Renamed [__ReasonIndex_v5.dat] to [__ReasonIndex_v5.bak] (for backup reasons as opposed to deletion and it's recreated it and searches at least initially seem to work.

• Information