Do you have any fun or exciting ideas for the new Combinator?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2021

nickb523 wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Just popping back in here to let you guys know that I have it on good authority that the shop is going back into a more prominent position on the main website. I don't know exactly when but it should be soon. :D :clap:
Excellent!!!
And the Rewards section will be filled to the brim with great REs and everyone will be able to combine vouchers.
Happy days ahead.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

31 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
31 Aug 2021
nickb523 wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Just popping back in here to let you guys know that I have it on good authority that the shop is going back into a more prominent position on the main website. I don't know exactly when but it should be soon. :D :clap:
Excellent!!!
And the Rewards section will be filled to the brim with great REs and everyone will be able to combine vouchers.
Happy days ahead.
And everyone will hug each other and make poetry.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2021

DaveyG wrote:
31 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
31 Aug 2021

Excellent!!!
Happy days ahead.
Pottery
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EnochLight

31 Aug 2021

nickb523 wrote:
31 Aug 2021
That's actually fantastic news, Nick!!!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

31 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
31 Aug 2021
DaveyG wrote:
31 Aug 2021

Pottery
Behold, it shall be poetic pottery.
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2021

selig wrote:
31 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
31 Aug 2021

Pottery
Behold, it shall be poetic pottery.
PoetRE and PottRE
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

nickb523
RE Developer

31 Aug 2021

EnochLight wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Yeah, I'm super happy to hear it. Puts to rest most of the sunsetting speculation.

Interesting times! :)

EnochLight

31 Aug 2021

nickb523 wrote:
31 Aug 2021
EnochLight wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Yeah, I'm super happy to hear it. Puts to rest most of the sunsetting speculation.

Indeed, it does! :thumbup: :clap: I'm sure this will all be drowned out once R12 proper launches, though. Will have to see if people notice.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PhillipOrdonez

31 Aug 2021

Pot?!

joeyluck

31 Aug 2021

nickb523 wrote:
31 Aug 2021
EnochLight wrote:
31 Aug 2021

Oh thank goodness!

It's also great to hear that the shop will be moving back to the top.

DaveyG

31 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
31 Aug 2021
It's also great to hear that the shop will be moving back to the top.
Yep. Can't wait to start complaining that they have marginalised R+ by putting the shop back on the main page. :lol: :lol: :lol:

stratatonic

31 Aug 2021

Of course the shop gets focus now. Folks will specifically (and obviously) be showing up when Reason 12 drops to buy a perpetual licence upgrade. And while there, maybe an additional purchase or two, maybe something from nick as well.
You'd think RS didn't know what they were doing - there's money to be made in the next little bit.

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
31 Aug 2021
nickb523 wrote:
31 Aug 2021
Excellent!!!
Happy days ahead.
I’d forgotten all about Rewards. Not much use at the best of times. Less so to subscribers where they are utterly worthless.

Anyway, patiently waiting for R12 so I can start on my first Combinator. Simply a Combinator for my MIDI controller with all the knobs and buttons mapped. I’ll then have it as part of my default song file so it’s ready to go each time I launch Reason. I currently have a Zvork-SL1 for this. But it’s got 8 more knobs than I need. The Combinator 2 patch can be much more flexible and have exactly what I need on it. Combinator 2 - when 4 knobs just isn’t enough knobs! :shock:

Heater

01 Sep 2021

Just been trying it. Looks great.

Seems to have a 32 limit on switches and knobs which is okay by me.

Anyone got any tricks and tips for the new combinator?

helmutson

01 Sep 2021

Heater wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Just been trying it. Looks great.

Seems to have a 32 limit on switches and knobs which is okay by me.

Anyone got any tricks and tips for the new combinator?
Whats the version number ... 12.2.x ?

Heater

01 Sep 2021

Mods. Please close this thread.

Fraxis

01 Sep 2021

Have RS created new Photoshop templates for the HD combinator, in its varying sizes, to get people going with new designs, or are they not doing that this time because it's so flexible?

Heater

01 Sep 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Simply a Combinator for my MIDI controller with all the knobs and buttons mapped.
That's a great idea. My first Combinator project.

deeplink
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2021

Note: its 32 limit on Switches AND 32 limit on kbobs - i.e 64 overall

For best compatibility with your Midi Control Device;
Note each Control/Switch and gets assigned to the corresponding Remote parameter in ascending order.
So be mindful of when/what order/you create the Controls and where you place them if you intend on using it in a a streamlined way with your controller.

Source Range
This is pretty nifty new feature where, you can have a Rotary perform multiple functions.
e.g Bypass/Turn On an effect, and then the remainder controls the amount of that effect.
e.g To the left controls one effect, to the right control's another affect.

Align and Spacing
This helps a lot to getting a neat layout.
The spacing option will divide equally all the knobs selected from the position of the first knob to the position of the last knob.

Bottom Up
New controls are automatically into any new available space from the top.
So if you're planning on using a lot of controls and switches, start from the bottom up - otherwise it will be tedious trying to drag and arrange the controls/switches.

Backgrounds
Background support transparency. This can be useful to implement the same, but slightly different colour pallet to different devices on the fly.
It's sometimes easier to make your background first, then drag the knobs and buttons into position later.

Assigning Controls
Right Click the parameter > Map to combinator control
The above is probably the easiest way to go about things.
But you can also do it quite swiftly through the programmer - no need to click on the drop down arrow, just double click

Thats all I have for now
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2021

I believe this may well be the first Combinator 2 video (well, one that didn't break the NDA) on YouTube;

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2021

We need an Combinator 2 thread / web page where patches can be shared. I bet there's loads out there the instant Reason 12 officially launched. Where are they all? How can we consolidate the richness of amazing patches that people are going to create?

Heater

01 Sep 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
01 Sep 2021
I believe this may well be the first Combinator 2 video (well, one that didn't break the NDA) on YouTube;

Looks nice and clean

turn2on
RE Developer

01 Sep 2021

Good to wait for opening Combinator 2.0 subforum and place all the needed info to the attached post (after official release on RS site).
viewforum.php?f=69

Some devs and beta testers already prepare their own C2 patches.
And cool that forum makes a special C2 category for Combinator 2 patches. Soon we also add a few own patches.

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2021

turn2on wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Good to wait for opening Combinator 2.0 subforum and place all the needed info to the attached post (after official release on RS site).
viewforum.php?f=69
Hooray!! :thumbup:

• Information