Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
6%

Total votes: 497
Jagwah

05 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
I felt at the time , many mods defending the new RS choice, seemed suspicious to me...
I see what a difficult thing that is to say here and I will back you up by saying you were not the only one.

Not discussing this any further with anybody.

Billy+

05 Feb 2021

+1

Did you manage to get the issue sorted moneykube?

I still haven't considered updating

11.3.5 until it's worth the hassle

moneykube

05 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
05 Feb 2021
+1

Did you manage to get the issue sorted moneykube?

I still haven't considered updating

11.3.5 until it's worth the hassle
tried some things... deauthorized as EnochLight advised> and then I updated to 11.3.8 > then reauthorized (to be able to collaborate with users likely using the current update)...might try the month trial at some point but really not interested in any new sounds since I have enough for a 1000 years right now(I suppose once the new synths drop I can trial them that way I guess) I also authorized my second computer with my separate reason 9 licence because of fear the ignition key would just stop working at some point ( man... "the rack too new warnings" that pop up are a bit much ... Lol... I have to click ok about a 100 times ( too many updated racks I guess... I do remember many worked once in reason 9, but I guess with the sdk developer upgrades those racks are now unusable in reason 9 sadly)... but > I can open a dumbed down version of reason 9 for the road or when internet goes down at least. I have not had time to check if I have to license twice still, or not.... after my rant and staying up all night working on the issues... I spent 4 hours removing snow from the yard and promptly died for most the day.... I plan on mucking around with 11.3.8 soon, as I am working on a demo for a SKP refill for nick... will report back one way or another ... hopefully the problem is solved. I don't want to go the support route if at all possible, for the many reasons I stated and then deleted. I'm getting too old for all nighters and way too much snow this year... we have 3 days of -37ish Celsius days coming so decided I better deal with the snow while it was still -20... I needed an exercise break to calm down.
snow man darryl copy.jpg
snow man darryl copy.jpg (270.11 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
Last edited by moneykube on 05 Feb 2021, edited 2 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Billy+

05 Feb 2021

That looks fun we've had absolutely no snow, I love the snow and was looking forward to playing with the grandson but it didn't settle at all it came down and disappeared.

Kuranes2021

05 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
EnochLight wrote:
04 Feb 2021

Please clarify what you mean by this, moneykube. Not down with the "lingo" these days.
---------
Loque wrote:
04 Feb 2021

I am curious too.
:oops: I apologize, I was upset... the mods do a fine job... I know you are only trying to keep the peace in another RS transition period. I felt at the time , many mods defending the new RS choice, seemed suspicious to me... but it seems my trust for many things has waned through the years. My bad... I appreciate the work you do to keep the community afloat. The forum is indeed a necessity and has helped me many times over... thank you for all the time and effort you have put in, that should not have been needed, had the props not removed the old forum.
Kudos for voicing that apology! I guess, looking back on the heated discussions of the last couple of days, many of us - on all sides - would realize that we said things that we possibly wouldn't have said if we hadn't been stuck in such an emotional uproar.

I voiced my criticism too, and I wrote some things, that now that I found some distance, I would not write again.

This whole drama really depressed me (although certainly not to a state of clinical depression). For more than a week, I didn't produce any piece of music. But I am pretty sure, that the majority of the other participants also didn't enjoy those discussions.

I hope that the whole discussion will have been good for something in the end; that it will result in something we will all benefit from: the old users, the new users, the 3rd party Devs, and Reason Studios.

moneykube

05 Feb 2021

Kuranes2021 wrote:
05 Feb 2021
Kudos for voicing that apology! I guess, looking back on the heated discussions of the last couple of days, many of us - on all sides - would realize that we said things that we possibly wouldn't have said if we hadn't been stuck in such an emotional uproar.
I voiced my criticism too, and I wrote some things, that now that I found some distance, I would not write again.
This whole drama really depressed me (although certainly not to a state of clinical depression). For more than a week, I didn't produce any piece of music. But I am pretty sure, that the majority of the other participants also didn't enjoy those discussions.
I hope that the whole discussion will have been good for something in the end; that it will result in something we will all benefit from: the old users, the new users, the 3rd party Devs, and Reason Studios.
thanks... yes I also got quite depressed and could not bring myself to even open reason for a time. I also suffer from clinical depression and anxiety disorder ... this whole issue did not help with that ,and I did over react.... I was actually shocked that this even became a thing and there are multiple aspects I still disagree with..I do hope something good comes out of all this for new, older users, and 3rd party developers I still support...I really hope this giant discussion makes RS rethink their approach somewhat ( but that is out of my hands) What will be will be. :puf_wink:

orthodox
RE Developer

05 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
and mods on the take

micahkovacs

05 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
micahkovacs wrote:
04 Feb 2021
Hello,

Does anyone know how to recall rewire sessions with the RRP in Pro Tools 2020.12 in Catalina?
I have been trying to contact RS Support, but have had no response.
Basically, I have some older PT sessions that have used Reason Rewire and I recently had to upgrade to Catalina because my Macbook HD fried.
So I am stuck in this MacOS with a great version of Pro Tools, but my reason rewire doesnt work.... i dont even see a rewire plugin in the list or folder.
The RRP is awesome, but does it recall or import any Reason sessions?
Thanks for your help.
Hopefully, if you still have reason 10... use that rewired to protools... you can have 10 and 11 on the same computer... rewire was abandoned in 11, The thinking is the plug would be fine to work with daws... yet it did remove backward compatibility for those with rewire projects on the go or from the past, if one was to use reason 11. I keep both on my computer for this reason. Since you were working in rewire... you can still download the version you were using and install it.
Thank you very much.
I have downloaded 8 and 9 (which I have authorization for) and 10 as well (which I do not yet). I still can't see the Reason Rewire plugin anywhere.
Is this a Catalina issue? Do I absolutely need 10 up and running for the Rewire plug to be installed? Is the Rewire plug available separately?
Thanks again.

Billy+

05 Feb 2021

micahkovacs wrote:
05 Feb 2021

Thank you very much.
I have downloaded 8 and 9 (which I have authorization for) and 10 as well (which I do not yet). I still can't see the Reason Rewire plugin anywhere.
Is this a Catalina issue? Do I absolutely need 10 up and running for the Rewire plug to be installed? Is the Rewire plug available separately?
Thanks again.
ReWire has been removed from 11 since you can run Reason as a vst3 au and aax plugin, if you need ReWire you have to use an older version

All I can find is this :- https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... e-on-macOS

And I'm thinking 8 & 9 may not be tested or compatible with Catalina, as they are not listed!
Last edited by Billy+ on 05 Feb 2021, edited 3 times in total.

EnochLight

05 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
:oops: I apologize, I was upset... the mods do a fine job... I know you are only trying to keep the peace in another RS transition period. I felt at the time , many mods defending the new RS choice, seemed suspicious to me... but it seems my trust for many things has waned through the years. My bad... I appreciate the work you do to keep the community afloat. The forum is indeed a necessity and has helped me many times over... thank you for all the time and effort you have put in, that should not have been needed, had the props not removed the old forum.
There's really no need for an apology - tempers always flare when there's new releases. Just as long as people are remaining respectful - to both their fellow forum members as well as the devs - it's all good. :thumbup: :thumbs_up:
Jagwah wrote:
05 Feb 2021
moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
I felt at the time , many mods defending the new RS choice, seemed suspicious to me...
I see what a difficult thing that is to say here and I will back you up by saying you were not the only one.

It's easy for us mods to be the target - we're tasked with attempting to keep this community a positive environment to discuss all things Reason - that's literally our mission statement. That's not to say we don't have our own criticisms - trust me, I have a boat load of what I think and want Reason to be like now, TODAY. But most of us mods have been at this for years, many years in fact - and we've seen all colors of the spectrum in regards to how users react to Reason releases (and most of us have participated in all colors of that spectrum as well). Just because we may come off as overly enthusiastic or supportive does NOT mean we don't have issues with things.

But people are going to believe what they believe - it's all good. We're here to the end, regardless. :thumbup: :thumbs_up:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

05 Feb 2021

Jagwah wrote:
05 Feb 2021
moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021

I'll add that I am extremely happy with the mod team we have here :-)

We all do this for free. Some people may think that moderating is just trying to keep the peace in the forums, but it is sorting through tons of spam and approving new posts/new users every day, responding to reports, helping organize competitions, meeting with the team regularly, etc. The mods don't get to partake in competitions and they instead help vote. It would be really difficult to ask someone to be a moderator for free and also not get to have an opinion in the forums... Like asking someone, "Hey you seem to enjoy being here...would you like to completely change that and be a moderator instead?" Haha. That's the only thing left for our team is to be able to participate in the forums. So we of course want everyone to still be free to express opinions and views about Reason. We are a group of people enthusiastic about Reason and we all have our personal criticisms about it as well.

Billy+

05 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
05 Feb 2021

It would be really difficult to ask someone to be a moderator for free and also not get to have an opinion in the forums... Like asking someone, "Hey you seem to enjoy being here...would you like to completely change that and be a moderator instead?"
Maybe you should force a few of us to do community service when we step over the line :o

moneykube

05 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
05 Feb 2021
joeyluck wrote:
05 Feb 2021

It would be really difficult to ask someone to be a moderator for free and also not get to have an opinion in the forums... Like asking someone, "Hey you seem to enjoy being here...would you like to completely change that and be a moderator instead?"
Maybe you should force a few of us to do community service when we step over the line :o
oh oh... now I'm in trouble lol
:lol:

Billy+

05 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
05 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
05 Feb 2021

oh oh... now I'm in trouble lol
:lol:
You're in trouble :o I don't think you'll be on your own, I might have rattled a few cages ;)

moneykube

05 Feb 2021

micahkovacs wrote:
05 Feb 2021
moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021

Hopefully, if you still have reason 10... use that rewired to protools... you can have 10 and 11 on the same computer... rewire was abandoned in 11, The thinking is the plug would be fine to work with daws... yet it did remove backward compatibility for those with rewire projects on the go or from the past, if one was to use reason 11. I keep both on my computer for this reason. Since you were working in rewire... you can still download the version you were using and install it.
Thank you very much.
Thanks again.
I do not remember rewire showing as a plug in... I used to open the host program... then reason... it should automatically rewire if it is not a Catalina issue... I think??? it's been awhile since I used it... but that is how I remember it working... either that or open reason and then the host program (in your case protools).... one of the two ways should work if Catalina did not screw things up... have not actually attempted it on Catalina yet as my computer that came with Catalina had a faulty logic board that took 8 months for apple to recognize and fix... once fixed I bought a new controller and that took time to figure out since it did not operate as it should with reason because vst is fairly new and not fully implemented according to Arturia... and then reason + showed up with a few more problems on my end to figure out. I thought computers were supposed to make things easier, but I got far more done on an old tape 4 track tascam recorder then I do now ! Cleaned every recording in protools until my G5 apple melted down on me after serving it's time... yet... I did loose protools which was my editing platform of choice... the cost to go from PCI to intel, buy a new interface when the digital 002 should have been fine, and then subscribe to protools... too much money... so I moved exclusively to reason... now with live and logic as an option as well. Steep learning curves learning the different applications... I ran protools in studios and at home for about 20 years. I still have protools on a G4 and a few G3's but they be very very slow indeed. The g4 can do a track or two... ok for better audio editing when needed.(but slow) The g3's can do 8 tracks but are super slow being so damn old. It was a sad day when the g5 died.Strangely enough... I have 3 g3's and a g4 that are ancient yet they still plug along. The G5 had a coolant leak or something... built in obsolescence ... on the net at the same time... I saw 1000's of people with the same issue... apple pushed the kill switch imo... how dare you run a machine for 10 years !!!!! lol.... the others are about 20 years old. HMMMM
Last edited by moneykube on 05 Feb 2021, edited 3 times in total.

honeyBadger

05 Feb 2021

will recycle and reason compact be included with reason+?

Billy+

05 Feb 2021

honeyBadger wrote:
05 Feb 2021
That's definitely a question for James.

What would you want recycle for?

You can make Rex files in Reason without the need for recycle.

gullum

05 Feb 2021

Q: I already own a Reason license. Do you have any special Reason+ offer for me?

A: Yes, we do! We offer 50% off your first year of Reason+ if you sign up for an annual subscription.That means "look you paid everything already, now you can pay it again but at a reduction of 50%" you only have to pay $120 for what you already paid us $1000 before.

Anyone that already has a license and most of RS RE's is not getting anything for the money until Reason 12 is released.

Faastwalker

05 Feb 2021

gullum wrote:
05 Feb 2021
Q: I already own a Reason license. Do you have any special Reason+ offer for me?

A: Yes, we do! We offer 50% off your first year of Reason+ if you sign up for an annual subscription.That means "look you paid everything already, now you can pay it again but at a reduction of 50%" you only have to pay $120 for what you already paid us $1000 before.

Anyone that already has a license and most of RS RE's is not getting anything for the money until Reason 12 is released.
That’s why so many current users are a little miffed! If you have few RS devices and want them all maybe it’s worth it now. I can’t see hardly anyone subscribing for the sound packs. Is anyone desperate for sounds in 2021?! That’s why I think they should have launched Reason+ with Reason 12. Would have been a lot more attractive to a lot more people whilst simultaneously demonstrating a commitment to the platforms future. Currently we have soundpacks, the devices you don’t own but want to and ...... what’s coming down the track! Just seems like a very backwards way to deliver. Paying for something now, getting the benefits in the future! It’s a bit like insurance! :|

zoidkirb

05 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
05 Feb 2021
honeyBadger wrote:
05 Feb 2021
That's definitely a question for James.

What would you want recycle for?

You can make Rex files in Reason without the need for recycle.
This gets answered a lot. I think the main advantage Recycle has is a threshold control for transients. Other DAWs have that control built in.

WOO

05 Feb 2021

michael.jaye wrote:
04 Feb 2021
$(username) wrote:
04 Feb 2021
Now it's owned by people who only want to create money, more money and even more money. If the Reason ecosystem doesn't look profitable enough in a quarterly report then it will be nuked in heartbeat with all products and customers. It's just a simple and quick decision by some suits in an afternoon meeting and no one will ever look back. Been there.
I'm sure if Verdane Capital wanted to "create money, more money and even more money" they would've chosen a different company/product than Propellerhead/Reason.

I'm sure Reason+ is just another attempt at getting new users and revenue. And the only thing you can be sure of is updates w/ feature requests will take much longer than you'd like.
I've often wondered why verdane bought reason. Where the founders of reason and someone at verdane childhood friends, reason fanatics, did they win it in a card game?

MuttReason

05 Feb 2021

WOO wrote:
05 Feb 2021
michael.jaye wrote:
04 Feb 2021

I'm sure if Verdane Capital wanted to "create money, more money and even more money" they would've chosen a different company/product than Propellerhead/Reason.

I'm sure Reason+ is just another attempt at getting new users and revenue. And the only thing you can be sure of is updates w/ feature requests will take much longer than you'd like.
I've often wondered why verdane bought reason. Where the founders of reason and someone at verdane childhood friends, reason fanatics, did they win it in a card game?
RS was always going to be attractive to private equity at some point, if not Verdane then someone else. It’s a solid business with a 20 year history, established and pretty loyal user base (small compared to other DAWs but bigger than for a start up), small team (not a lot of cost to worry about, not exactly a bloated corporate monolith!) and a product perfect for the times (lots of bedroom musicians out there, even before Covid came along, and a Reason licence is cheaper than many mid-range guitars and one-twentieth the price of my sax bought new!). I think it would be so much better if Props had sold to, say, Yamaha, who are pretty serious about investing in their MI portfolio (Line6 has been brilliant under Yamaha, and Ampeg is looking good too). Or any other big MI brand TBH. Taking the private equity gold is always high risk because of the way PE works. Let’s just say the average PE shop isn’t exactly emotionally invested in the companies they own. They do want them to succeed of course, and to increase returns to their owners. But I'm not sure that will translate into this community getting what it wants, though. There may be more weirdness ahead... the Reason+ omnishambles doesn’t augur well for the future.

Social Exodus

05 Feb 2021

So having a week or thereabouts to think about this, the only thing I would gain by Reason+ over what I already own is literally Friktion and sounds packs. That costs $99 and will be in sale again one day for $69 and I will own it in perpetuity. I can't see why anyone in even a similar position would ever get on the subscription prin model.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

EnochLight

06 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
05 Feb 2021
joeyluck wrote:
05 Feb 2021

That’s adorable.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

moneykube

06 Feb 2021

:thumbs_up:
EnochLight wrote:
06 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
05 Feb 2021

That’s adorable.
:exclamation: understand completely lol

• Information