triggering seperate oscillators in thor

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
raccoonboy

14 Dec 2015

selig wrote:Ideally the patch should play both oscillators when you play one note, and only then split them when you play two. That's gonna be the 'tricky' bit, because you have to address things at the note-assign logic level. But I'll say this much - the few synth design ideas I've had for Reason so far (still on the drawing boards) have included this feature mostly because no one else is doing it!

:)
I managed to figure it out after a lot of messing around. I used Truth, if the Last Gate from Thor is rising, this means that a note is been pressed for the first time so both Osc pitches are changed. If the Last Gate is already open, this means that a note is being held down already, so only the second Osc will change.

I used your description of a shared envelope etc to make my duophonic patch. But now that I think of it, I actually am sure this is called Paraphonic, when they share the same envelopes. Anyhow, it sounds pretty cool. I wonder how I could make it so that there is a high/low note priority.

edit: Just read this great SOS article on Duophony. So I guess paraphonic is more of a modern term to determine between oldschool duophony and two-note polyphony. It also mentions the fact that using high/low priority can reset the drone note which is note really a nice sound. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov00/a ... nthsec.htm

benjified

05 May 2018

I wonder if JiggeryPokery would know how to do this or if it's already been achieved in the Blue Meanie refill.

• Information