I can't even.. upgraded from R7 to R12. Overwhelmed but happy!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Captain Blood

05 Oct 2021

Have fun and make the music you like.
OK then! I will!! :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:

rorystorm

05 Oct 2021

Captain Blood wrote:
05 Oct 2021
rorystorm wrote:
04 Oct 2021

They were an early 90s Ak band, kinda industrial electro? Involved with the Rotate Your State guys? I know I saw them but the memory is long gone.
Yes that's them!!, I dug out my library of their work recently and had a listen for the first time in many years which is why they were in mind. They started out in 86 I think, pretty experimental stuff for those days. Impressed you know of them, didn't know they got anywhere outside of us here in NZ!
Ha good to know some of my brain still functions. Yeh was in Auckland in the 90s, but moved away in 2001. Spent a little time back there over the years but uh, not recently... think there's a few nzrs on the forum and one of the devs maybe lives in Dunedin? Anyway post some of your stuff when you've got something solid, be interested to hear it.

strat1980

05 Oct 2021

Captain Blood wrote:
04 Oct 2021
EnochLight wrote:
04 Oct 2021

First of all - welcome to Reasontalk! There's quite a few expats from the old Propellerhead User Forum here, but a ton of new users like yourself as well. Thankfully, the world has changed a lot since you first picked up version 1, and Youtube is now a veritable free goldmine of tutorials. If you're a visual learner, I strongly suggest you check out one of the many getting started with Reason videos. But here's some that should help you out:
Fantastic thanks, I feel welcome with all these responses. I'm more used to one or no responses in most forums!
Thanks for pointing out those videos, again much like Reason itself, it's a case of spoiled for choice.. where do you start with all these videos and which are worth watching. Certainly the ones from Propellerhead are good.. I'll watch these ones now.

Cheers
The best Reason teacher in my opinion is Paul Ortiz. His videos are absolutely worth the money.

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Reason-10-Explained

illlumen

05 Oct 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
04 Oct 2021
Go through the manual, it is an excellent way to get yourself acquainted with all the different equipment.
I wanted to write that, too. Reading the manual from start to finish really helps you to transform your acquaintance with a program/plugin/DAW into a friendship.
Literally, there are many things that have been added since version 7.
The most important things would be:
- Get to know the sequencer and its features
- Dive into comp mode and all the editing stuff
- Learn your keyboard shortcuts
- Have a look at the players
After that, you can check all those fancy new instruments and effects imo.

Greg Savage

06 Oct 2021

I feel like a fool for getting every upgrade :cry:
Music Composer/Sound Designer
Music Licensing - Credits

EnochLight

07 Oct 2021

Greg Savage wrote:
06 Oct 2021
Well, you're in good company. :thumbup:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Mataya

07 Oct 2021

I've upgraded recently to 12 and did not have any of the issues people mentioned here. Works great, stable, fast. Amount of fun I get is endless. Bought sequences RE recently and I don't really use Reason sequencer(use it when I automate stuff and then go down and fix some moves if I need to). It's just the way I work. Got Algorithm today. (wtf)
Playing with VCV rack for the last few years and realized I can do same stuff in Reason and have even more fun with it.
Some things bother me, but it would really be a perfect world if it didn't.
Such an enjoyable piece of music software. I spend my day in Nuendo 11 for the last 15 years, working for tv and broadcast and while it's such a deep and solid monster of a program, I've never had such fun in it. Different kind of fun, yes, but crazy fun...NO!

I have some videos on my youtube channel which people seem to like and got something out of it. They'r kinda old now and I'm sorr I wasn't able to produce them in a way to be more attractive and even more useful, but it's a plan, when I move to a new place in a month. In the mean time, maybe some of you techno heads can get some inspiration from it. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgru9D ... VO7VXOxgeQ

Keep on Reason people!

Mataya

Greg Savage

07 Oct 2021

EnochLight wrote:
07 Oct 2021
Greg Savage wrote:
06 Oct 2021
Well, you're in good company. :thumbup:
Ha, good to know :thumbup: