End of summer sale 2022

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

23 Aug 2022

DaveyG wrote:
23 Aug 2022
I'm waiting for the End Of Days sale.
There are sure to be some real bargains there, although the victory might be short- lived. :shock:
Jiggery-Pokery has got you covered.

end of the world sale.png
end of the world sale.png (115.22 KiB) Viewed 4163 times

stratatonic

23 Aug 2022

client6 wrote:
22 Aug 2022
Regarding more than one device per voucher, I used a 75 voucher and bought Zoetrope and StringWerk last night. The total was $74 and it went through my $75 voucher
huggermugger wrote:
22 Aug 2022
You can only use one Voucher per transaction, but you can buy as many things as you want in that transaction.
Thanks guys for the confirmation. :)

stratatonic

23 Aug 2022

MrFigg wrote:
22 Aug 2022
stratatonic wrote:
22 Aug 2022

Well, I was hoping for some confirmation. :) I'm unsure if I will buy anything at this time, so I don't want to order a voucher yet.
Yeah, wasn’t trying to be smartarse. I thought you’d already cashed in the voucher.
Smartarse is not a word I would use to describe you. :)

Anyways, who knows? If Reason Studios is still trying to bump up revenue for 2022 to make up for the dismal 2021, there may be some even better killer deals near year end!

stratatonic

23 Aug 2022

So, curious what happens if someone buys, say, Zoetrope Organic Synthesizer with a Rewards voucher for "free".

How does Nick from SKP Sound Design get paid?

WOO

23 Aug 2022

joeyluck wrote:
23 Aug 2022
geronimo wrote:
23 Aug 2022
Unable to buy this product: Unknown error is displayed on the Shop page, top right _

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/ghs05/
It looks like it was removed from the shop, but not fully removed (or never fully added)? If you search for it or browse all products by that dev, it's not included in the results.
Yesterday evening I tried to download some trials and got these error messages. The first error message appeared in the top right on the shop page. It dropped down and then rolled back up out of view. The second error message would showed up as authorizer attempted to download the trials
Attachments
Screenshot (56).png
Screenshot (56).png (6.24 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
Screenshot (57).png
Screenshot (57).png (2.82 KiB) Viewed 4065 times

ekss
RE Developer

24 Aug 2022

stratatonic wrote:
23 Aug 2022
So, curious what happens if someone buys, say, Zoetrope Organic Synthesizer with a Rewards voucher for "free".

He doesn’t.
Anything bought with vouchers will not generate revenue for the dev.

xylyx

24 Aug 2022

ekss wrote:
24 Aug 2022
stratatonic wrote:
23 Aug 2022

He doesn’t.
Really? That's terrible. I shall avoid using the [few] remaining points I have on anything other than Reason Studios products, in that case.

DaveyG

24 Aug 2022

ekss wrote:
24 Aug 2022
stratatonic wrote:
23 Aug 2022

He doesn’t.
That's nuts. Why would any dev put an RE in the reward store?

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2022

DaveyG wrote:
24 Aug 2022
ekss wrote:
24 Aug 2022

He doesn’t.
I guess on the off chance someone uses a smaller voucher and pays the difference but I am surprised the dev gets nothing at all if someone's voucher covers the full cost.

Agree with the poster above this will make me more aware and definitely look at non rs devs deals outside of rewards.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2022

DaveyG wrote:
24 Aug 2022
ekss wrote:
24 Aug 2022

He doesn’t.
Could be that most shoppers use 25 or 50 vouchers and the developer still makes money most of the time. Gathering reward points takes a long time. Not sure how many people are sitting on 75 or 100 reward points waiting to be used.
Also if you've bought a product from a developer one time, you're probably more likely to buy from them again, provided that the user experience was a good one of course. :puf_smile:

Bes
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2022

:thumbs_down: ugh

guess i'll only use rewards points for RS stuff now
- Certified Reason expert

bigguy1

24 Aug 2022

Cool, Just bought the new BV-X Vocoder :puf_smile:

xylyx

24 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Aug 2022

Could be that most shoppers use 25 or 50 vouchers and the developer still makes money most of the time.
Do RS still take their 30% cut of whatever is left after the voucher use? I'm guessing they do, so it's probably slim pickings for the developer. I suppose most developers will only add products to the rewards store that aren't really selling anymore, so that any extra money is a bonus. :think:

Jac459

24 Aug 2022

Yet we see a few "star" synths in the rewards shop. Respire, predator, nostromo, VK-2, the legend, all are awesome awesome synths, totally first tier... If nobody buy them anymore it is quite sad...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

vertex808

24 Aug 2022

I can’t decide between 12 months of Reason+ versus the upgrade from 11 to 12. I have many rack extensions: Complex-1 and Friction and the Dual Note Generator.

I was subbed to Reason+ for 10 months before cancelling since i was cutting down on subscriptions and needed to save money. I was also a bit frustrated with at the time some problems running the Reason Rack Plugin on M1 mac inside Ableton. Now some of those bugs have been fixed and even though M1 support is not there yet i feel i am missing Reason. I like Subtractor and Thor and i am missing the workflow of the Rack and Sequencer having all the instruments visible at the same time instead of switching between VST windows.

If i sub for 1 year to Reason+ i get to check out Chord Sequencer, the new Vocoder and Algoritm rack extensions. Also i get to use new and cool Extensions that hopefully show up during the year.

On the other hand when the year is over and i decide to unsub i am stuck on Reason 11 again and missing those fixes for M1 mac and I am unable to use the Rack Extensions in the hi-res way.

If i instead upgrade during the sale i have safeguarded my Investment in Reason and the Rack extensions but i am on the sidelines when all the cool Rack extensions show up.

Anyone else in the same boat also trying to decide?

ekss
RE Developer

24 Aug 2022

DaveyG wrote:
24 Aug 2022
ekss wrote:
24 Aug 2022

He doesn’t.
I put mine there a like a nice thing to do, like if a user earned point buying my stuff it can be used to pick up something else too. And like a way for other users to get a free/cheap way to try my stuff without needing to bother about trial time.
If a voucher doesn’t cover the whole cost the dev will get its share on the remaining part. :)

stratatonic

24 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Aug 2022
DaveyG wrote:
24 Aug 2022

Gathering reward points takes a long time. Not sure how many people are sitting on 75 or 100 reward points waiting to be used.
Well, for nothing, and no time, you could have 70/90 points:
5 points initial Reward Signup
45 points 3 iOS app signups @ 15 each
20 points Reason purchase (well, not nothing, but you wouldn't be in the RS Rewards section if you didn't own the software! :) )
and then I think another 20 for a Reason Lite purchase (free or almost free)

stratatonic

24 Aug 2022

ekss wrote:
24 Aug 2022
DaveyG wrote:
24 Aug 2022

If a voucher doesn’t cover the whole cost the dev will get its share on the remaining part. :)
So, (to keep it simple), suppose 10 people bought your AMALGAM over the next few weeks - 5 were bought outright and 4 were covered fully with a voucher, and 1 was partially covered with a voucher.
How do you know how many AMALGAMs were sold in total, and how many were bought free/partially with vouchers? And (not suggesting that RS would say that 8 of 10 were fully/partially covered by vouchers) - but how do you devs know for certain what the sales #s are?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2022

stratatonic wrote:
24 Aug 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Aug 2022

Gathering reward points takes a long time. Not sure how many people are sitting on 75 or 100 reward points waiting to be used.
Well, for nothing, and no time, you could have 70/90 points:
5 points initial Reward Signup
45 points 3 iOS app signups @ 15 each
20 points Reason purchase (well, not nothing, but you wouldn't be in the RS Rewards section if you didn't own the software! :) )
and then I think another 20 for a Reason Lite purchase (free or almost free)
To be completely cynical and if you’ve already done the above, you could open a new account, go through all the stages then use your points to buy refills in the rewards section which you can use in Reason without having to have your account authorize them. Usch.
This may violate some sort of rule though so I wouldn't advise it.
Last edited by MrFigg on 25 Aug 2022, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Yonatan

24 Aug 2022

vertex808 wrote:
24 Aug 2022
I can’t decide between 12 months of Reason+ versus the upgrade from 11 to 12. I have many rack extensions: Complex-1 and Friction and the Dual Note Generator.

I was subbed to Reason+ for 10 months before cancelling since i was cutting down on subscriptions and needed to save money. I was also a bit frustrated with at the time some problems running the Reason Rack Plugin on M1 mac inside Ableton. Now some of those bugs have been fixed and even though M1 support is not there yet i feel i am missing Reason. I like Subtractor and Thor and i am missing the workflow of the Rack and Sequencer having all the instruments visible at the same time instead of switching between VST windows.

If i sub for 1 year to Reason+ i get to check out Chord Sequencer, the new Vocoder and Algoritm rack extensions. Also i get to use new and cool Extensions that hopefully show up during the year.

On the other hand when the year is over and i decide to unsub i am stuck on Reason 11 again and missing those fixes for M1 mac and I am unable to use the Rack Extensions in the hi-res way.

If i instead upgrade during the sale i have safeguarded my Investment in Reason and the Rack extensions but i am on the sidelines when all the cool Rack extensions show up.

Anyone else in the same boat also trying to decide?
Yep, similar situation but with the difference I did upgrade to R12 from beginning. But for me I kind of wonder if to put money on buying RS RE’s like Algoritm, BVX Vocooder, Mutator and Chord Sequencer, or simply stop trying to keep ”collecting” these and instead just buy a Reason+ subscription at next discount offer.

crimsonwarlock

24 Aug 2022

vertex808 wrote:
24 Aug 2022
...before cancelling since i was cutting down on subscriptions and needed to save money.
This is exactly why I will never go subscription, and instead invest (when possible) in some more REs. During periods when I have to save money, Reason and everything I have up until then will still be here on my computer to play with.

Besides that, there is less and less stuff I would like to have as I have a nice and pretty complete setup gathered over the last several years. So, I'm basically saving money all the time because I don't need to spend anything to use my Reason DAW and REs.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Overtherainbow

24 Aug 2022

ekss wrote:
24 Aug 2022
This is simply unbelievable. And answers my question as to why drumsyn and syndrum are not in the rewards shop...

buddard
RE Developer

24 Aug 2022

stratatonic wrote:
24 Aug 2022
ekss wrote:
24 Aug 2022

So, (to keep it simple), suppose 10 people bought your AMALGAM over the next few weeks - 5 were bought outright and 4 were covered fully with a voucher, and 1 was partially covered with a voucher.
How do you know how many AMALGAMs were sold in total, and how many were bought free/partially with vouchers? And (not suggesting that RS would say that 8 of 10 were fully/partially covered by vouchers) - but how do you devs know for certain what the sales #s are?
We receive pretty detailed sales statistics from Reason Studios. (But no customer information, of course)

joeyluck

24 Aug 2022

Not to get this thread too far off topic discussing opinions of rewards, but I've always felt like it would better serve the devs if points could be used for anything in the shop. Users then might be more enticed to buy more REs in order to earn more points. Similar to what Erik was saying, but also factoring in that the rewards shop might not have anything that interests certain users and/or they already have most everything there. We already know these programs exist and are successful other places. I'm not sure how they handle it differently with compensation for the devs.

moneykube

24 Aug 2022

joeyluck wrote:
23 Aug 2022
DaveyG wrote:
23 Aug 2022
I'm waiting for the End Of Days sale.
There are sure to be some real bargains there, although the victory might be short- lived. :shock:
Jiggery-Pokery has got you covered.

end of the world sale.png
always wondered about this one... never trialed anything I have purchased yet. It has been around for some time. I have many of Jiggery-Pokery's other racks ,and they are all top notch. :thumbs_up: Who here uses Harp, and likes it? :?:
it seems geared forJean-Michel Jarre type stuff... or are there more applications? :question:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information