Reason 10.2 with workflow improvements. - OUT NOW

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
C//AZM

02 Nov 2018

EnochLight wrote:
02 Nov 2018
hurricane wrote:
02 Nov 2018
So what's cool about Reason NOW in late 2018, is that if I don't CARE about the wires, I can still make music with it, and it's still fun. When I used to mess with wires, I barely finished any music. Reminds me of something Herbie Hancock said when he was talking about programming synths:

"By the time you program this thing, you forgot what you were going to program it for."

So then he goes on about how he uses other people's presets because it frees him to "conceive", and THAT idea is what I think the Props have been gently hitting new users with - that you don't have to mess with wires to create music with Reason. And, in my opinion, I think that's great for Propellerhead and for the future of Reason.
Right on. This is also the reason why I've mostly been a "preset tweaker" since day 1. Getting lost in programming sounds used to take me out of the conception phase too much.
I spend about 2 days a month creating, tweaking and sound crafting. This is also when I learn the REs I have in my rack. As I learn, I end up making new sounds. I name and save them to a separate folder with all my other crazy named presets I created. Then on days when I'm writing, I have lots of sounds to dig through.

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Nov 2018

C//AZM wrote:
02 Nov 2018
I spend about 2 days a month creating, tweaking and sound crafting. This is also when I learn the REs I have in my rack. As I learn, I end up making new sounds. I name and save them to a separate folder with all my other crazy named presets I created. Then on days when I'm writing, I have lots of sounds to dig through.
Yeah, and that's great - for YOU!
I also have a ton of sounds to dig through, created by other people, which I tweak. And that's great for ME.

Oh, and I haven't hit TAB in ages.

Doesn't make my method any worse, or my music any better. : )
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

EnochLight

02 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
02 Nov 2018
All things being equal, I've heard your tunes - they're fantastic. Totally dig the retrowave sound.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fotizimo

02 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
02 Nov 2018

Come to think of it, I haven't turned the rack around in a while either.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

Creativemind

02 Nov 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
01 Nov 2018
Creativemind wrote:
07 Oct 2018

Yes, I started using Reason at the end of 2012 and it wasn't till about 2016, 3 and a half years or so in that it dawned on me (Yes I know, slow lol!) that Reason wasn't intended to be a fully fledged DAW. It was all about the wires, about the wires no treble :lol:
That's what I like about Reason.
Well that depends on your goal. If your goal is to produce music and get your songs finished, Reason can be frustrating as in the past I've not been able to continue on songs because I didn't know how to achieve something (and it stopped 2 hrs worth of laying a song down) using cables on the back of the rack. If however you just want to play around with cables to achieve weird and wonderful sounds then it's the bees knees.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

C//AZM

05 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
02 Nov 2018
C//AZM wrote:
02 Nov 2018
Yeah, and that's great - for YOU!
I also have a ton of sounds to dig through, created by other people, which I tweak. And that's great for ME.

I Hope you didn't get the impression that I was saying that my way is better... There is no best way. I've also been a preset tweaker or even a preset selector. I was merely offering an alternative in case that method hadn't occurred to you.

• Information