Refill Packer 8.1 Beta

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deepndark

28 Jul 2015

Hey, a question, I installed the Refill Packer 8.1 Beta, I then tried to create a refill, but when I tried to add an input folder where my refill is, I get an error (see the pic).

Why does it do that?
I use RV7000 MK2 Reverbs, could that be the problem?

Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2015

I'm guessing that ReFill Packer is off the pace and waiting for Props to get back to making a version to match where Reason is at. Last time I tried this Beta it refused to find the Reason install.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

deepndark

28 Jul 2015

Benedict wrote:I'm guessing that ReFill Packer is off the pace and waiting for Props to get back to making a version to match where Reason is at. Last time I tried this Beta it refused to find the Reason install.

:)
I also tried finding Reason inside the Reason 8.3 folder without finding it.
If anyone knows anything about this then please let us know. :geek:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

28 Jul 2015

We're still waiting for the ReFill Packer compatible with 8.2/8.3.

Currently the only way (in Windows) is to copy the soundbanks to the Reason folder. And then when you start Reason 8.3, it will bloody move (delete) them from its installation folder back to ProgData, even though you left them there anyway. So you have to recopy them next time you want to use it. In the old pre-8.2 days a shortcut to the ReFill would have worked, but I can't get that going myself, though some claim to have had success, I'm disinclined to believe them! ;)

PurpleMonkeyDishes

28 Jul 2015

If it helps.. have 8.3 running but have my refil packer Beta 8 pointing to my R7 install separately. Works fine.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

deepndark

28 Jul 2015

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:If it helps.. have 8.3 running but have my refil packer Beta 8 pointing to my R7 install separately. Works fine.
It works when pointing Refill Packer 8.1 Beta to Reason 7? :)

PurpleMonkeyDishes

28 Jul 2015

deepndark wrote:
PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:If it helps.. have 8.3 running but have my refil packer Beta 8 pointing to my R7 install separately. Works fine.
Yes it sure does! I know its crazy, but it was the only solution I could find to get it to work. Parallel install of R7 boom.. Works
As soon as I installed 8.3 refill packer went funny. so that was the only fix that worked for me.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

deepndark

28 Jul 2015

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
deepndark wrote:
Yes it sure does! I know its crazy, but it was the only solution I could find to get it to work. Parallel install of R7 boom.. Works
As soon as I installed 8.3 refill packer went funny. so that was the only fix that worked for me.
I just tried but the same error still occured. :?

PurpleMonkeyDishes

28 Jul 2015

It must be something inside your refill folder.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

deepndark

28 Jul 2015

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:It must be something inside your refill folder.
Yup, just found out what was the problem. The jpg splash pic was 50*50 - not 64*64 as it suppose to be. Whew . . . . Thanks, your help solved my problem.

PS. Also, if anyone of you wants to use RV7000 MK-2 Reverb - remember that your refill users need the convolution sample refill if you have used any.

K.Markov

28 Jul 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:
Currently the only way (in Windows) is to copy the soundbanks to the Reason folder. And then when you start Reason 8.3, it will bloody move (delete) them from its installation folder back to ProgData, even though you left them there anyway.
my copy of soundbanks are still in reason folder. rsn 8.3, win7. start reason couple of times today and they're still there.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

28 Jul 2015

K.Markov wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:
Currently the only way (in Windows) is to copy the soundbanks to the Reason folder. And then when you start Reason 8.3, it will bloody move (delete) them from its installation folder back to ProgData, even though you left them there anyway.
my copy of soundbanks are still in reason folder. rsn 8.3, win7. start reason couple of times today and they're still there.
Just me then ;) But i definitely didn't dream it!

K.Markov

28 Jul 2015

i believe you, just sayin that mine is still there :) i named my folder "Soundbanks", and did a copy of id8.dat too.

Arsenic

28 Jul 2015

I got it working, but for some reason Refill Packer had to point to a folder containing the actual Refills. Pointing it to a folder with the shortcuts didn't work. Reason does accept the shortcuts though, so at least I still only need to have one copy of them

• Information